NCAA Football 2014 season

Big and goofy, but effective!

716EA418-3058-4F37-991B-4F1A82A609B7_zpsx4jksyt6.png

I remember that play.
Lineman was down and turn his head enough to see Winston jumping and to stay down.
Could have been ugly if the lineman didn't see him at the right time and raised up.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Miami is the only school in the ACC that doesnt have an indoor practice field. Horrible in Florida.
They also don't have an on campus stadium, another question of where would they put it?

Honestly, I see days of Miami cycling into the top of college football being over.

I think they can deal with no stadium, especially if they had nice facilities on campus. Their problem is $$$, which I find odd, and the current administration is not focused on football at all. I also think they signed Golden to 2020 and may not have the money to buy him out to get a new coach, so they are currently screwed.

Unconquered is a bit gaudy, but it gets incorporated because of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. They are a group that was never forced to leave their land because they fought back when other tribes were forced to leave and were never "conquered". So I get it.
Actually some of them did relocate there is a Seminole Nation of Oklahoma.

The particular tribe FSU is affiliated with did not leave, they are the only ones that fought it out. Yes, some of the Florida Seminoles did leave their land, but not the ones FSU is related too.
The majority of the tribe was forced to relocate at gun point after the second Seminole war. The tribe that exists in Florida formed from a few hundred that escaped into the swamps where the US Army couldnt root them out.

The US Army has always had issues fighting insurgents. :)

What am I missing. 300 "rebels" fought it out and hid in the glades after the third Seminole war. Never signed a peace treaty and now have a tribe going. What did I miss in the cliffs notes?

Funny part is after it was all settled, they had to work as local guides and stuff, then I think they ended up with money from the Us Gov and became an official tribe.

The rumor is, if the country ever got so PC as to order FSU to stop using Seminoles, even with tribe support, the backup plan is something along the Unconquered theme.

To top it off, since I think history is extremely boring, I'm going to bed!

Funny part is after it was all settled, they had to work as local guides and stuff, then I think they ended up with money from the Us Gov and became an official tribe.

The rumor is, if the country ever got so PC as to order FSU to stop using Seminoles, even with tribe support, the backup plan is something along the Unconquered theme.

To top it off, since I think history is extremely boring, I'm going to bed!
I love history because it was a minor majored in psychology/sociology but a 4 year degree in those fields is about useless.
I view history as very important to understanding the human condition because those who dont learn it are doomed to repeat it.

What am I missing. 300 "rebels" fought it out and hid in the glades after the third Seminole war. Never signed a peace treaty and now have a tribe going. What did I miss in the cliffs notes?
I was speaking in general, and not to any one of you in particular.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)