NCAA Football 2014 season

They are Black Chrome with a red outline of the Cardinal
View attachment 101002
I guess I just don't care for the Chrome look ... Oregon does that stupid stuff and it looks pathetic, now others have to try ... Yuck, I hate the idea.

Now had they went with a Gloss Black and the Red Cardinal without the Chrome, I think that would look sharp.

I like the "chrome" helmets, but I also like shaking things up. Even my Bammer wife tires of Bama and their traditional (see boring) uni's.

I'm not saying pulling an Oregon every week, but shake it up once or twice a year for some fun.
Send your Wife to Penn State for awhile, she might like Bama's uni's more !

This coming Saturday will be very busy, I would have loved to watch the Oregon / MSU game in it's entirety, but seeing the Buckeyes / Va Tech game is at 8 and the MSU game is at like 6:30 I think, I'll see at least part of it.

I'd rather one be at 3:30 and 8, but I don't make the schedules.

If they have the same off date they should be forced to play then... why they wouldn't is beyond me at least Florida since every game they play would be a nice increase to their stock.
Things like travel arrangements and other school commitments the players/coaches/schools may have. This is a non-conference game, so only the 2 schools have any say in the matter as it is a private arrangement between them. Therefore unless the 2 schools agree differently, the game will not be made up.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There are some teams that should NEVER change their uniforms. Bama is one of those. Never. Ever.
I even hated when they did the Nike Pro Combat uni a year or two ago, and it was as bland as those unis come.

Well, they did pick a STUPID time for the blackout.
Yeah, the Alabama one wasn't a good choice. But then there were the power rangers uniforms against Boise St. at the dome, followed by B&W against Florida in JAX. Games that should have been won, but weren't.

I guess the new helmets helped the Cardinals stomp "The U". :D

Happy to see that Kentucky actually won a game they were supposed to win and they played pretty well. Looking forward to the SEC play and see if they have really improved.

The best team I saw this weekend was Georgia. Offensively, they will be pretty good. If their defense can play as well as they played in the second half, they will be a tough team to beat.
Yes, me too. I really think they are going to upset someone this year in the SEC.

Some schools need the flashy uniforms to help with recruiting and to draw attention.
Some do not.

Keep trying with that assumption. Not all uniform changes or choices are based on what a 16 yr old will think.

What is laughable is, NFL teams change it up all the time and no one says anything. College team keeps the same Uni for 30 years and then changes, people act like your murdered someone.

I know more than one Bama fan here in Mobile that would like some flash here or there, but they are less than 35 years old.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I agree with Smith here. When Oregon started this trend a few years back, they didn't hide the fact it was all about recruiting. That and $ from the Nike.
Most NFL teams do the retro uniform change and that's why we don't here as much. When it is not retro I imagine the city is all talk about how the uni changed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think the recruiting is a red herring. Its $$$ from Nike and comes down to merchandise sales. When a kid is in Footlocker or Champs, they are going to buy the flashy stuff.

Big teams sell good regardless, Im not disputing that because I buy all kinds of FSU stuff regardless of how boring or flashy it is, but they already have my business and they want more.

Like how you see a kid in 49ers QB wearing a Dolphins hat because it looks cool, not because he is a fan. I think it is about moving out of selling to the college fan base only. Lets face it, ath departments are run like a business with Nike and Under Armour's fingers in everything. All that being said, if done right and used right, I like some flash once or twice a year.

People thought maybe our garnet and black uni's would come out against Notre Dame, but I highly doubt it. Fisher has said that the last thing you want to do is make a serious opponent feel special by bringing out uniforms only for them (See UGA and Bama).

I am sure there are some that would prefer a flashier look, I would also wager that the vast majority of Bama fans (and other teams with the traditional look) would rather they stay as is.
I have never been a fan of flashy, I prefer a more conservative understated look.

I imagine those traditional uniforms will stay as such for quite some time.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)