NCAA Football 2014 season

Thats probably why it is best most college stadiums still do not sell booze.
We never had stadium alcohol sales, as State law did not allow alcohol sales on campus. UGA and the other public universities were also affected.

That's what preflight and large coats were for :D

We never had stadium alcohol sales, as State law did not allow alcohol sales on campus. UGA and the other public universities were also affected.

That's what preflight and large coats were for :D

Louisville and a couple of others do now. I have rum runners, just food grade plastic/flat flasks made for sneaking booze on a cruise or into event. Put a few mini's worth of crown in it, stick it in the pants, and enjoy.

I try not to drink too much before the game, and then just buy a coke/sprite and pour a few ounces in it once Im inside.

About the alcohol sales, I can see both sides. On one hand it keeps the really drunk fans from getting more drunk, but it "could" keep people from getting totally blitzed before kickoff If they knew they could have a drink or two during game time. Maybe......maybe I'm reaching. Lol

I've been on both sides of this. As a now adult and parent, I would rather us all be sober watching at the stadium. I'd rather not take my daughter to a game for that reason.

As a single man in the past I've been the guy that with his cousin were the two people kicked out of a 92,000 at the time Bryant denny stadium. (Its still a funny story)

Being more mature now, I can't stand people that are the age I was then.

Last edited:
I dont mind drunk fans, all long as they are pulling for the same team as me. I milk beer during the day, and then sneak a little crown in to mix with my soda. My main goal for not being smashed inside is because I hate having to go pee every 10 minutes.

I love a buzzed fan, I'm usually a buzzed fan. Football and beer, I enjoy it.

Can't stand a drunk fan, no matter which team they pull for. Buzzed is fun, while still knowing what you are doing and being respectful to those around you that also paid for the game.

Drunk is spilling a soda and half a tray of nacho cheese down the back of the people in front of you, then laughing as you half fall, half walk down the concourse to replinish said snacks without apologizing.

There is a vast difference.

Reactions: Rey
About the alcohol sales, I can see both sides. On one hand it keeps the really drunk fans from getting more drunk, but it "could" keep people from getting totally blitzed before kickoff If they knew they could have a drink or two during game time. Maybe......maybe I'm reaching. Lol
There's also the age factor, which is why most States ban on-campus sales (which includes the stadiums) at public universities. 3/4'ths of non post-graduate students are under 21. Since you have a large underage student body at the games (disproportionately large as compared to pro stadiums), controlling alcohol sales to underage students is next to impossible.

Even the high school I went too has a indoor practice facility now its only half the size 50 yards long and normal width of a football field but still the point is high schools have indoor practice facilities.

There's also the age factor, which is why most States ban on-campus sales (which includes the stadiums) at public universities. 3/4'ths of non post-graduate students are under 21. Since you have a large underage student body at the games (disproportionately large as compared to pro stadiums), controlling alcohol sales to underage students is next to impossible.
I think the drinking age needs to be lowered to 18 if you are old enough to volunteer to serve(or drafted if this mechanism is ever used again) and the law treats you as an adult at 18 for purposes of charging you with a crime, then you should be able to drink legally.

I think the drinking age needs to be lowered to 18 if you are old enough to volunteer to serve(or drafted if this mechanism is ever used again) and the law treats you as an adult at 18 for purposes of charging you with a crime, then you should be able to drink legally.
I agree completely. It's ridiculous for adults to not have adult rights. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been challenged on Constitutional grounds of equal protection.

Going to be a rainy start for OU/Tulsa, but great football weather. 97F yesterday and 63F today, perfect timing. Slow and steady rain for the past 4 hrs and looks like it may hang around most of the game.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)