NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Too bad we had to listen to Dick Vitale the whole game...

Sandra

I use the mute button on games where he is on there. My wife walked in last night and was wondering what I was yelling at (a rather questionable call was made) and had to explain to her he was on there, so volume was OFF. That guy is, IMO, the most worthless person on Sports, anywhere. When he dies, I want to to go to his funeral to reassure myself that he is really dead and will never hear him at it again. :D

I use the mute button on games where he is on there. My wife walked in last night and was wondering what I was yelling at (a rather questionable call was made) and had to explain to her he was on there, so volume was OFF. That guy is, IMO, the most worthless person on Sports, anywhere. When he dies, I want to to go to his funeral to reassure myself that he is really dead and will never hear him at it again. :D

He adds absolutely no insight to any game regarding strategy, etc. He's all shtick, all nicknames, all Vitale-isms. No substance whatsoever. He's like Andre Agassi back in the 'Image is Everything' days.

When I was in my early teens my dad and a couple of my brothers and I were at a college basketball game at the Meadowlands, and we happened to be sitting in the first row behind the hockey boards. Sam Rosen was announcing the game with Dick Vitale.

It was a doubleheader and at halftime or between halves, I forget, they were both walking toward the exit right in front of us. Everyone was screaming for Vitale, it was when he was extremely popular, he smiled and walked right by everyone each time.

Sam Rosen stopped and talked to my dad, my brothers, and me about the Rangers during the entire intermission, then he went back to work, probably didn't even get to go to the bathroom. What a nice man.

Then during another break Sam came right toward us and told us about some minor transaction the Rangers had made during the basketball game that he had just heard about, then talked with us about the Rangers for the whole intermission again. I will never forget that.

Vitale I forgot about.

Sandra

I met Vitale years agp after a Carolina-dook game. He was exhausted and not as excited about the Carolina win as I was (big surprise), but he seems to be very genuine about what he does. Billy Packer, OTOH, was regarded as an a$$hole by nearly everyone that knew him.

I met Vitale years agp after a Carolina-dook game. He was exhausted and not as excited about the Carolina win as I was (big surprise), but he seems to be very genuine about what he does. Billy Packer, OTOH, was regarded as an a$$hole by nearly everyone that knew him.

I miss Al McGuire....

Personally, my favorite that combines EVERYTHING is Bill Raftery. I love that guy.

I miss Al McGuire....

Personally, my favorite that combines EVERYTHING is Bill Raftery. I love that guy.

I like Bill Raftery too. He's funny, but he also clues you in on strategies, what to expect next, etc.

I also like Clark Kellogg and Greg Anthony.

Sandra

I like Bill Raftery too. He's funny, but he also clues you in on strategies, what to expect next, etc.

I also like Clark Kellogg and Greg Anthony.

Sandra
Raftery and Jay Bilas are good. Greg Anthony is too. Clark Kellogg is overrted IMO.

Watchable games tonight:

3:00 PM Dayton-Villanova ESPN U Puerto Rico Tipoff
5:00 PM Ohio St-California ESPN 2 Coaches vs. Cancer
7:00 PM North Carolina-Syracuse ESPN 2 Coaches vs. Cancer
8:30 PM Kansas St-Mississippi ESPN U Puerto Rico Tipoff

Sandra

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)