NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

I don't know. Gonzaga-Michigan St and Memphis-Kansas are sure to be more interesting than Temple-Georgetown.

My apologies, I think my wording was poor. I meant that was the only game worth watching when you include tonight's games and the round the clock games only. I was not including tomorrow night's games in that, I didn't even look at them.

Sandra

I was wondering how you'd take it. If UK lost I think Calipari would have gotten introduced to the ugly side of the Kentucky fanbase real quick.

After this win, he may well be anyhow. It was not a pretty win, by any means. The fans here are not used to beating schools of this caliber by this margin (See Tubby Smith & Billie G for references on the fan reactions to that kind of play.)

All of Kentucky nation says WHEW!!!!

Ain't that the truth! Just a really young team that is going to struggle at times. I don't expect a national championship or a Final Four this season. Just too young and inexperienced for that. This team will probably lose a game or two it shouldn't lose but on the other hand win a game or two it has no business of winning. That's just life with a freshman laden team.
I will say this,last years team would have never won that game last night. It was very reminiscent of the VMI game except with a different outcome with much better and talented players.

Ain't that the truth! Just a really young team that is going to struggle at times. I don't expect a national championship or a Final Four this season. Just too young and inexperienced for that. This team will probably lose a game or two it shouldn't lose but on the other hand win a game or two it has no business of winning. That's just life with a freshman laden team.
I will say this,last years team would have never won that game last night. It was very reminiscent of the VMI game except with a different outcome with much better and talented players.

That is exactly why I was shocked, yes shocked, at their #5 ranking.

In case you missed it UCLA lost in 2OT last night to Cal St Fullerton. The Bruins look awful. They lost 4 starters from last year's team, which wasn't that great either. This could be a long year in Westwood.

Watchable games tonight:

6:00 PM Charlotte-Duke ESPN
7:30 PM Louisville-Arkansas ESPN 2
8:00 PM Gonzaga-Michigan St ESPN
10:00 PM Memphis-Kansas ESPN

Sandra

Norman Chad, writing for the Washington Times, said yesterday that once John Calipari has his third Final Four appearance vacated, he will have set the hardest sports record of all time to break.

Some people consider the hardest to break presently to be Johnny Vandermeer's back to back no hitters. I think the hardest to break at present is Fernando Tatis's two grand slams in one inning. I don't believe that anyone has ever even had the opportunity to break it.

Norman Chad, writing for the Washington Times, said yesterday that once John Calipari has his third Final Four appearance vacated, he will have set the hardest sports record of all time to break.

Some people consider the hardest to break presently to be Johnny Vandermeer's back to back no hitters. I think the hardest to break at present is Fernando Tatis's two grand slams in one inning. I don't believe that anyone has ever even had the opportunity to break it.

I thought the hardest record to break would be salsadancer and me bickering like little kids for 40 pages! :D

Sandra

Bill, your B.C. Eagles made the tourney last year and had statement wins against Duke and UNC.

Do you like their chances this year?

They lost their best player (Tyrese Rice), but they are returning some impressive freshman from last season.

Most preseason polls I've seen has them anywhere from 4-8 in the ACC, and has them going to The Big Dance. I think that might be a tad optimistic without Rice, but you never know. I'd like to see them play a half dozen or so games before I declare them a tournament team.

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)