NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Losing to Texas is no big deal. OTOH, Tennessee got waxed by USC, Florida lost to Richmond and Georgetown lost to Old Dominion. Ouch!

Carolina's played the toughest schedule in the country as far as I know. 5 ranked opponents, 3 in the top 5.

Anyone have any idea where to find (easily) how many years schools have had their basketball programs playing? Wikipedia is littered with some data, but it seems to be less than factual in some cases.

UK managed 2000 wins in 106 years (per the local paper) and was wondering just how long UNC and others chasing the plateau of 2000 wins have been playing (and counting wins in their record.)

Just was wondering if this trivia can be found.

Thanks!

Anyone have any idea where to find (easily) how many years schools have had their basketball programs playing? Wikipedia is littered with some data, but it seems to be less than factual in some cases.

UK managed 2000 wins in 106 years (per the local paper) and was wondering just how long UNC and others chasing the plateau of 2000 wins have been playing (and counting wins in their record.)

Thanks!
Carolina is in its 100th year of playing basketball and will have 2000 wins shortly.

Thanks!

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/alltimewinningest.pdf

It doesn't include this season's numbers though.....

Thanks!

Carolina is in its 100th year of playing basketball and will have 2000 wins shortly.

Newbies. My team has been shooting soccer balls through peach baskets since 1899! Glad you posers finally caught on to this wonderful game. ;) :p :D

As for Calipari,he has never been charged with any NCAA violations. At UMass,Marcus Camby had an agent and was basically paying him while he was there. Whether Calipari knew about this,I don't know but the NCAA cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Don't make me laugh. Camby was often seen wearing this gaudy medallion that cost thousands of dollars, and the athletic director said they just assumed it was costume jewelry, because they knew he was of modest means and couldn't afford such real jewelry.

Calipari is disdained, fairly or unfairly, because he pushed the recruiting envelope by taking in Donta Bright and Lou Roe. I never talked to Roe, but believe me, Bright would not have qualified for undergrdute admission even AFTER he had graduated. Sports Illustrated ran a short feature on UMass basketball before it peaked, titled "UMess" in which it said that nearly all of its starters were on academic warning, but Calipari responded that they will be off warning by the time grades come out and they were. Calipari was and is the master at letting people know that he wants things done and then they do those things, and that is why he leaves so few fingerprnts.

There was also that strange story that didn't get national attention, which I posted about, where a coach at Pittsburgh said he had convened a meeting of assistant coaches, including assistant coach Calipari, saying that the regular payments to players was going to stop, and when Calipari was asked about that, he gave a real Calipari answer, saying that he didn't remember anyone saying anything that he thought could have meant that.

Calipari's assistant, Bill Bayno, went on to bigger things. UNLV, I think, where a booster friend of his was paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to players. Bayno knew nothing about it. That's the way accommodation works.

The Memphis situation is totally on the NCAA. They cleared Rose to play not once but twice. Then later after the season they come back and say he is ineligible and Memphis should forfeit their games. That's just pure BS. If there was any question about his test scores then he should have NEVER been cleared to play.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Calipari did other things at Memphis, like hire Dejuan Wagner's father as newly created somethingorother of basketball operations, at twice the salary he was making elsewhere, and he signed those kids who were videotaped beating up another highschool student in the hallway. Calipari is not John Wooden. He is a coach for the 21st century.

They also did clear Calipari of any violations. I know Calipari came with a slimy reputation. I even said on other forums that UK made a deal with the devil. But since he has never been sanctioned by the NCAA and never been personally investigated I 've said that I will trust the UK administration that they have done their homework and they think he's OK. Because if it's not then it's on them and everyone from the AD all the way up to the President of UK should pay with their jobs.

Whereas I trust the UK administration to reasonably believe that Calipari is guilty of everything he has ever been accused of as well as a lot that he has not been accused of, and that under his leadership, things will continue to be done to benefit UK basketball in contravention of the rules, but they will be the net beneficiary of that, and the chances of continuing to get away with it make it worth taking that risk.

And as far as Knight is concerned, that is as ridiculous as Charles Barkley criticizing Allen Iverson for his off-the-court conduct, or John McEnroe criticizing anyone for their on-the-court behavior.

Last edited:

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts