Video Game Deals

Origin is having a big sale for Black Friday. Bunch of games on sale, even ones not made by EA

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/saleoftheyear

Dragon Age Inquisition is a great deal at $14.99. I'm tempted to buy it even though I don't know when I would realistically ever play through it again. What I really want is the GOTY edition and a way to transfer all the major choices I made from my PS4 save so I can play the DLC.

Looks like the fall steam sale is live

I took a look at my Steam wish list so I could quickly see all the discounts available for games I have been targeting. Nothing I have seen jumps out as a must buy for me. I haven't had time to really look through the games on sale though.

Free PS Plus Games for December have been announced.

Full Lineup:
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, PS3
  • Freedom Wars, PS Vita
  • Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, PS4
  • King’s Quest — Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember, PS4
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, PS Vita
  • SSX, PS3

I'm definitely interested in King's Quest and FC3: Blood Dragon, which I've almost purchased many a time when it was on sale. Freedom Wars looks promising on the Vita. Haven't really heard of the others. Not a bad month for me.

EDIT: I just noticed that none of these appear to be available on multiple systems this time, as is often the case with free PS Plus games.

Damn.. I thought we were getting the entire King's Quest story, not just act 1. That really stinks. And gauntlet is cool but I doubt I'll be playing a lot of it. Not a great month overall.

For anyone buying games digitally this week on PSN, don't forget the one-cart-use 10% discount code
good until December 1. "Redeem code FH24P5BDR6 at checkout to receive a 10 percent discount on one total cart purchase."

In the PSN Store update post, one of the comment responses by a Sony rep strongly hinted at (no surprise) more PSN sales over BF weekend. So hold off on any planned purchases until you see what else is coming since the 10% off code can only be used once.

Just got some great deals on wwe2k16, Madden 16 and the new just Dance from best buy and our local Meijer

I picked up Bloodborne from BB for $16. I was hoping that Black Ops 3 would be on sale for PS4 but sadly it isn't. They discounted the last gen versions by $10, but quite frankly unless they get that down to $20 total there's nothing resembling incentive to pick it up, even with Black Ops 1 included.

There are a LOT of deals that have gone live on Thanksgiving. Many popular games for under $20 like Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate, God of War 3 Remake, and even other games at 50% off like Black Ops 3. There's too many to list individually so here's some links:

Best Buy
Microsoft Store
Amazon (Direct Link)
Wal Mart
NewEgg Use Promo Code EMCKKNT58

Best Buy seems to have the best selection of deals out of those sites listed. Amazon usually lowers their price to match major retailers like that but it doesn't look like they did today.

Anyways, the only console games I am actively looking for deals on right now are The Nathan Drake Collection and Halo 5. Neither game has really been discounted enough for me to buy yet.

Edit: Forza 6 for $35 plus a $10 gift card isn't bad though. The Microsoft Store actually has some really good price too.

I just grabbed 4 three-month Playstation Plus cards at Walmart for $10 each (works out to $40 for the year). The codes will be sent by email.

I just grabbed 4 three-month Playstation Plus cards at Walmart for $10 each (works out to $40 for the year). The codes will be sent by email.

Looks like I'm still on the hunt for a discounted Plus membership. I've tried three different transactions of buying 2 three-month memberships at $10/ea. (the max you can put in your cart), and each time it was cancelled "due to an error processing payment information." The first two times I tried Paypal (where I always keep a balance of a few hundred bucks); the second time I created a new account with a different email address and used my main credit card (which is no where near its limit and was recently used for other purchases). In each case, I received a confirmation email that the transaction was processed and my account was charged. In the cancellation email, it said my account that was charged will be refunded.

My best guess is Walmart ran out of $10 codes.

PSN BF Flash Sale is up. I'll probably grab The Order for $10.

In other news, after researching my Walmart PS Plus card buying issues, I discovered people had more luck buying just one card at a time. So finally I managed to grab one $10 three-month PS Plus card. Haven't decided if I'll go for any more. May wait to see if another $40 deal for one year comes up over the holidays now that I bought myself some time.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)