Video Game Deals

I hear if you have Amazon Prime and pre-ordered FO4 on Amazon, it's coming to less than $35 before sales tax on both consoles:
http://i.imgur.com/jjzwdkS.png

That must have been an error that has since been fixed. I just added the Xbox One version and went to checkout and the Prime Discount is only showing once. That brings the total down to $49.99 which I would take since I have a lot of Amazon Store credit on my account from winning my fantasy baseball league right now.

Unfortunately the Prime credit doesn't seem to apply to the PC retail or download versions. It's console only for some reason. I want the PC version for full mod support and better performance.

Edit: Just checked the PS4 version and it's showing the same as Xbox One price.

That must have been an error that has since been fixed. I just added the Xbox One version and went to checkout and the Prime Discount is only showing once. That brings the total down to $49.99 which I would take since I have a lot of Amazon Store credit on my account from winning my fantasy baseball league right now.

Unfortunately the Prime credit doesn't seem to apply to the PC retail or download versions. It's console only for some reason. I want the PC version for full mod support and better performance.

Edit: Just checked the PS4 version and it's showing the same as Xbox One price.

Thanks for checking and reporting back. I was actually considering signing up for Prime or at least taking Amazon up on another 30-day trial offer to take advantage of this deal. Some folks at AVS are also seeing the $35 pricepoint with Prime discounts for PS4 versions. I wonder if you had to have it pre-ordered since the announcement. I know when I pre-ordered games on Amazon in the past, I would get some really good price reductions at times.

Thanks for checking and reporting back. I was actually considering signing up for Prime or at least taking Amazon up on another 30-day trial offer to take advantage of this deal. Some folks at AVS are also seeing the $35 pricepoint with Prime discounts for PS4 versions. I wonder if you had to have it pre-ordered since the announcement. I know when I pre-ordered games on Amazon in the past, I would get some really good price reductions at times.

Well they do have the pre-order price guarantee. If the price ever drops between when you made your order and when the product ships you automatically get the lowest price. It could have been a lightning deal or something that these people got credit for because they had their pre-order in already when the temporary price drop happened.

If they start doing things like this more often in the future it wouldn't be a bad idea to pre-order everything you are even remotely interested in as soon as it goes up for sale. Amazon doesn't charge you for pre-orders until the product ships so you can always cancel if the price doesn't drop as low as you would like.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/assassins-creed-syndicate/

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is $37.99 and most of the buzz I have heard about this one is actually pretty positive. There is no chance I'm buying an AC game on top of everything else coming out right now though. Maybe I'll grab it for $20 this spring if nothing is coming out.

Still, I love how fast Green Man discounts major AAA releases. If you are a PC gamer and you want a big game close to release they should probably be the first place you look.

Edit: Rainbow Six Siege pre-order is also $39.99.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/

Always be wary though. I bought Arkham Knight early because of a GMG deal and that didn't work out great. I mean it wasn't GMG's fault, but in this day and age, there's little reason to pre-order any games no matter how good the deal, because unless it's an Activision game you'll likely get a great deal a few months down the line and also by then the game will be patched and fixed up. If it's a multiplayer focused game, yeah a pre-order is more acceptable because that's when the player base will be the largest, but for a single player experience like AC there's no motive to jump in early.

Always be wary though. I bought Arkham Knight early because of a GMG deal and that didn't work out great. I mean it wasn't GMG's fault, but in this day and age, there's little reason to pre-order any games no matter how good the deal, because unless it's an Activision game you'll likely get a great deal a few months down the line and also by then the game will be patched and fixed up. If it's a multiplayer focused game, yeah a pre-order is more acceptable because that's when the player base will be the largest, but for a single player experience like AC there's no motive to jump in early.

I mostly agree because Arkham Knight proved that even trusted franchises can burn you. The thing with Green Man is that you can often get pre-order prices that no one else will hit for 2-3 months after release though. For some games I think the pre-order is worth the risk so I can play on day one instead of waiting 3 months and getting the exact same price.

For example, I know I'm not going to be waiting long for Fallout 4. If I see a pre-order price at $40 or less I will jump all over it because I likely won't see a better price than that until January or later. Unless I see an amazing pre-order price like that my current plan is to try and wait until I finish Arkham Knight to buy it.

Since I know I can always get a minimum of 20% off with Green Man's voucher codes I don't see the point of pre-ordering it unless I get a bigger discount than that. Maybe by the time I finish Arkham Knight FO4 will be available on Green Man Gaming VIP for $35-$40.

Well they do have the pre-order price guarantee. If the price ever drops between when you made your order and when the product ships you automatically get the lowest price. It could have been a lightning deal or something that these people got credit for because they had their pre-order in already when the temporary price drop happened.

If they start doing things like this more often in the future it wouldn't be a bad idea to pre-order everything you are even remotely interested in as soon as it goes up for sale. Amazon doesn't charge you for pre-orders until the product ships so you can always cancel if the price doesn't drop as low as you would like.

Well apparently Amazon caught wind of the extra Prime discounts people who preordered FO4 were getting and have since adjusted them back to the regular $49.99 discounted pre-order price.

Wow.. you can get a 1TB Xbox One Holiday Bundle (Gears of War, Rare Replay + Ori & the Blind Forest) AND you also get Black Ops 3, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, AND Assassins Creed: Syndicate all for $399. So you get a 1 TB Xbox with 35 free games (Rare Replay has 30 games in it) for $399. Be hard pressed to find a better deal than this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105152

Actually it looks like Newegg has a whole bunch of bundle deals. You should navigate to their website if you're interested.

Klei is having a publisher sale, where all their games are discounted and are also Free to play for the whole weekend. I HIGHLY recommend Mark of the Ninja. I had a blast playing that game, and I'm someone who sucks at stealth games, so that should tell you something. And hell, you can play for free first!

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/kleipublisherweekend/

I also liked Shank and that one only took me about 3 hours to beat so it should be easily doable during the free weekend. I think I actually finished that game in one sitting.

Edit: I might check out Crypt of the Necrodancer or Invisible Inc while they are free this weekend.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question