Video Game Deals

Grim Fandago Remastered for $3.74. Nice! Now I just have to decide if I actually want to play that game. I never played the original so I have no nostalgia towards it.

I've been tempted to buy Grim Fandango during various sales myself, but then I remember how much PS Plus gives out remastered games as the monthly freebie.

Yeah and Double Fine CONSTANTLY puts on sales and puts stuff up for free, so I'm willing to bet that this will eventually end up on PS+, and there it'll be cross-buy with the Vita

You can get Fallout 4 Deluxe Edition for $69.99 from Newegg for PC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2585765

That seems like a decent price for the game and season pass together so close to launch. The only thing is that I was just about to buy the digital version from Green Man Gaming so I could download it tonight and play it all weekend. The Newegg deal is retail only so I would have to wait until sometime next week for delivery and I'm probably a couple hours away from 100% completion on Arkham Knight not including the nearly 300 Riddler challenges. We are also just about done with Black Ops 3 so I'm pretty much ready for Fallout.

I suppose I could finish up the rest of the currently released Arkham Knight season pass content while I wait for shipping but a full weekend of Fallout 4 time sounds way more exciting right now.

You can get a 1 TB SSD (yes, a SSD) for $250 via Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226596

Wow! SSD prices really have dropped. I still don't think I'm willing to pay $250 even for 1TB but larger capacity SSDs are starting to get into a more reasonable price range. The surprising part to me is that this is only $50 off the regular purchase price. I was thinking it was going to be some big 50% off sale or something but it's actually only 17% off.

Edit: For comparison a more highly recommended SSD, the Samsung 850 EVO 1TB is currently going for $347 on Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B00OBRFFAS

I'd love a 1 TB drive but my budget simply doesn't justify one. Hopefully by the time I need to upgrade a 1 TB will cost less than $200. Even now I don't really need one because I can get nearly 80 GB free at any given time, which should cater to any game I need at the given time. I only use my SSD for Operating System, main programs, and modern/powerful games. All other media goes to my 500GB/2TB other drives.

Boy.. good thing I checked my storage. Looks like I had The Witcher 3 still installed on my SSD. Won't be needing THAT for a while.

I'd love a 1 TB drive but my budget simply doesn't justify one. Hopefully by the time I need to upgrade a 1 TB will cost less than $200. Even now I don't really need one because I can get nearly 80 GB free at any given time, which should cater to any game I need at the given time. I only use my SSD for Operating System, main programs, and modern/powerful games. All other media goes to my 500GB/2TB other drives.

Boy.. good thing I checked my storage. Looks like I had The Witcher 3 still installed on my SSD. Won't be needing THAT for a while.

I'm doing the same thing. I have a 240GB SSD. I keep a few games on it at any given time and the rest goes on a 2TB HDD. I typically save the SSD for my OS and AAA games and uninstall them as soon as I'm done.

I think I currently only have Arkham Knight and Fallout 4 on my SSD. I have plenty of space for Battlefront on there but I'm not sure if I want to put that 40GB on my SSD since that is a game I will likely keep installed for a long time.

If you want to catch up on ALL the Fallout games before you delve into 4, now Bundle Stars has made that possible with ALL the games (including the old school ones) and modern ones with all DLC included for $20.39

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fallout-bundle

Just so people know what they are getting into if they buy this, all the games before Fallout 3 are very different than what Fallout is today. It's kind like the difference between the old school GTA games and everything from GTA 3 forward.

The older Fallout games are from a top-down, isometric view instead of letting you pick between a first and third person view. They are more of a point and click game than an action oriented game. I played a bit of the original Fallout since I got it cheap from GOG. The games have actually aged pretty decently if you can get into the slower paced gameplay.

You can get Dying Light for $21.99, which includes a free copy of Call of Juarez.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/dying-light-call-of-juarez/239140

I have been waiting for a good price like that on Dying light for almost a year now. I'm trying to do this thing where I don't buy games if I'm not realistically going to play them in the near future though. I have no business buying another AAA game right now unless it's dirt cheap. By the time I'm ready for Dying Light the price will probably be cheaper than that.

Last edited:
You can get the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection for $5 from Amazon. This includes 17 games. They redeem on Origin. Note that many of them have depreciated multiplayer capabilities, although they may be accessible via 3rd party solutions like Gamemaster

Amazon product ASIN B00DNHLFQA
Alternatively, you can get free copies of some of the older C&C games here. These are NOT pirated versions and are available as freeware from EA (hard to believe, I know.)

http://www.cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/

Last edited:

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)