Video Game Deals

$10 in Best Buy Rewards for pre-ordering Fallout 4 on any system. Plus 20% off if you are a Gamer's Club Unlocked member.

If you shop at Best Buy a lot that's actually a pretty nice deal. You are essentially getting Fallout 4 for $38 as a pre-order if you have something else to use the $10 rewards on. That's tempting but since I haven't bought anything from Best Buy in years I would have to make an additional purchase just for the purpose of using that rewards money.

I still might do it but I would much rather get a similar deal from Amazon since I shop there so regularly. Using an Amazon credit at a future date would be no big deal.

If you shop at Best Buy a lot that's actually a pretty nice deal. You are essentially getting Fallout 4 for $38 as a pre-order if you have something else to use the $10 rewards on. That's tempting but since I haven't bought anything from Best Buy in years I would have to make an additional purchase just for the purpose of using that rewards money.

I still might do it but I would much rather get a similar deal from Amazon since I shop there so regularly. Using an Amazon credit at a future date would be no big deal.

I noticed there's an extra discount on FO4 for Amazon Prime members, which you don't see until you add it to your cart. I'm not a Prime member, but I'm curious what the discount is if anyone wants to check and report back. I often toy with the idea of getting Prime, so if they are offering substantial discounts on pre-ordered games (comparable to what Best Buy is offering in this case) that would be good to know.

I'm not a huge Best Buy shopper, but they will be offering some nice deals on BF for games and such, so it won't be too hard for me to use a $10 credit. :)

I noticed there's an extra discount on FO4 for Amazon Prime members, which you don't see until you add it to your cart. I'm not a Prime member, but I'm curious what the discount is if anyone wants to check and report back. I often toy with the idea of getting Prime, so if they are offering substantial discounts on pre-ordered games (comparable to what Best Buy is offering in this case) that would be good to know.

I'm not a huge Best Buy shopper, but they will be offering some nice deals on BF for games and such, so it won't be too hard for me to use a $10 credit. :)

Amazon has been doing this for a while. Their pre-order Prime deal almost always brings the game down to $52.99. That is what they are doing for Fallout 4 as well. I have seen a couple EA games go down to $49.99 as a pre-order for Prime members but that isn't usually the case. Guitar Hero Live is also one of the rare cases where they are taking a full $10 off and they are also providing a $10 credit to be used in the Amazon Music digital store.

This doesn't really do anything for me. First digital console games and PC retail or digital copies are never eligible for this discount. It only applies to retail copies of console games. If I'm pre-ordering a game for near full price I want a digital copy. I'm absolutely going to play Fallout 4 on PC so this isn't even an option for me.

On top of that Green Man Gaming has a 20% to 23% discount promo code active at all times. I can pre-order a digital copy of any $60 game for a maximum of $46.20 so that beats Amazon's $52.99. They often have pre-order deals for big games for $35 so that's what I'm hoping for. If not I bet it will be available at that price in the VIP section a few weeks after launch. Witcher 3, and Mad Max both were and so was Arkham Knight before it was pulled from the store on PC. It's a pretty common occurrence.

Amazon has been doing this for a while. Their pre-order Prime deal almost always brings the game down to $52.99. That is what they are doing for Fallout 4 as well. I have seen a couple EA games go down to $49.99 as a pre-order for Prime members but that isn't usually the case. Guitar Hero Live is also one of the rare cases where they are taking a full $10 off and they are also providing a $10 credit to be used in the Amazon Music digital store.

This doesn't really do anything for me. First digital console games and PC retail or digital copies are never eligible for this discount. It only applies to retail copies of console games. If I'm pre-ordering a game for near full price I want a digital copy. I'm absolutely going to play Fallout 4 on PC so this isn't even an option for me.

On top of that Green Man Gaming has a 20% to 23% discount promo code active at all times. I can pre-order a digital copy of any $60 game for a maximum of $46.20 so that beats Amazon's $52.99. They often have pre-order deals for big games for $35 so that's what I'm hoping for. If not I bet it will be available at that price in the VIP section a few weeks after launch. Witcher 3, and Mad Max both were and so was Arkham Knight before it was pulled from the store on PC. It's a pretty common occurrence.

Thanks for the input on Prime discounts on games. $7 isn't something to sneeze when talking real $$ and not credits.

In other news, big PSN Flash Sale. Best deal for me is $8 for Everybody's Gone to Rapture, though I'd be shocked if that wasn't a free Plus game at some point.

Thanks for the input on Prime discounts on games. $7 isn't something to sneeze when talking real $$ and not credits.

In other news, big PSN Flash Sale. Best deal for me is $8 for Everybody's Gone to Rapture, though I'd be shocked if that wasn't a free Plus game at some point.

For people who pre-order all the biggest games like I used to a few years ago it would definitely add up. I just know that I can do better at Green Man Gaming and still get it in my preferred format.

As for the PSN Flash sale, the Metro Redux Bundle for $12.50 is the best price I have seen for console.

Here's the most updated listing of PSN price drops.
As of this posting, the most interesting ones are Tales of the Borderlands Season Pass ($14.99), The Order ($19.99), and LittleBigPlanet 3 ($19.99). The "it's about friggen time" price drops include Second Son ($19.99), Killzone Shadow Fall ($19.99), and Knack ($19.99) :p

The reason I'm posting price drops is that they are running a bit under the radar, as they weren't included in recent PS Blog store update posts, like they have been in the past.

Plus there will be more games added to this list next week. Dead Rising 3 would be a good fit with the theme of this bundle and Halloween but that would make this bundle deal way too good. My guess is that Resident Evil 4 and Dead Rising 2 will be added next week.

A couple more games were added to the Capcom Humble Bundle.

I was right about Resident Evil 4 but dead wrong on Dead Rising 2. I did not see Remember Me coming at all though. It seemed like they were mostly sticking to a horror theme for Halloween even though some of the games included already didn't fit that category.

You can get GTA V for $31.35 from GMG using promo code SLICKD-EAL22O-FFGTAV. Note that you will get a Rockstar Social Club code, NOT a Steam code.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/grand-theft-auto-v/

There was a time when I would have been all over the PC version of GTA V at that price. With all the big fall games starting to show up that is just too little too late for me. The PC price has held even when the PS4/Xbox One version have been discounted pretty often and that kept me from buying the game.

I'm sure they are just fine with that though. It's consistently been in the top 5 most played list on Steam since it came out which is pretty impressive for an older game that has seen almost no discounts. That's what happens when an open world game has great mod support on PC though. Skyrim stayed in the top 10 on that list for years after release.

I've already played it GTA on PS3 though and It's going to have to be dirt cheap before I buy it on PC at this point. It's just not even something I'm really interested in playing again anymore.

A couple more games were added to the Capcom Humble Bundle.

I was right about Resident Evil 4 but dead wrong on Dead Rising 2. I did not see Remember Me coming at all though. It seemed like they were mostly sticking to a horror theme for Halloween even though some of the games included already didn't fit that category.

I'd be all over this bundle if not for the fact that I already have so many of these games (5 out of 11) and I'm not very interested in the ones that I don't, since I only want maybe 1 or 2 and I'd be able to get those cheaper on a Steam sale when purchased separately. But for anyone who doesn't have these this is an insane amount of good for only $15.

I'd be all over this bundle if not for the fact that I already have so many of these games (5 out of 11) and I'm not very interested in the ones that I don't, since I only want maybe 1 or 2 and I'd be able to get those cheaper on a Steam sale when purchased separately. But for anyone who doesn't have these this is an insane amount of good for only $15.

Yeah, I went in for the beat the average tier which means I now have extra keys available for DMC and Remember Me.

Sale of the Dead is live on PSN

https://t.co/FqDue5b8J4

I would grab Catherine for $5 if they gave us a way to play it on our PS4. I'll say it again, if they can't emulate a PS3 on the PS4 they need to at least give us free access to Playstation Now for games we own digitally. It makes no sense that they are asking us to rent games at insulting prices when they can see these games are already tied to our PSN accounts. I'm not even asking for disc support. Just give us access to the games in our digital library.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)