Video Game Deals

If you still have the CD with the serial # then you can actually contact EA and they should give you a new copy via Origin. This holds true for all their older games IIRC. I guess now it doesn't matter since the game is free but if you have older EA games with keys that are now on Origin definitely contact them. As bad as EA is perceived to be, their Origin support is actually pretty giving and nice.
Interesting, as I have a bunch of older EA/Origin games.

How exactly do the new copies differ from the old? Changed code to support newer operating systems?

Basically. If they're older DOS based games they run with DOSBox, or if they are the old school Win 95/DX games they are updated to use modern systems. You may still need to do some tweaking (run in compatibility mode, etc) but you probably will get better results with the Origin versions on your Win 7/8/10 machine as opposed to the original ones.

I ended up selling my copy for the PS4 because I just could never get back into the game because the plot was so boring. I've debated picking up this edition a few times, but then after what happened with Arkham Knight I have sworn off supporting WB Games for at LEAST a year. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but I never do well with open world games where the sub plots/side missions are more interesting than the main one, and IMO the side stuff wasn't that great either. Don't get me wrong, the whole Nemesis system is really original and cool and would like to see it implemented in other games (assuming you got a current gen version of course) but the cool action just wasn't enough to keep me motivated to keep going.

Speaking of that awful company, they're having a sale this weekend on Steam. And yes, Shadow Of Mordor is cheaper on Bundle Stars than in this sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wb_pub_weekend

Also a CoD sale

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/cod/

Dead Island
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/dead-island/

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned back in this post that the story wasn't that good but I still think the game is totally worth playing. As you get further into it the nemesis system becomes even better.

It really is pretty awesome going into an Orc camp to take some super boss out and having his underlings that you branded who were already super baddasses on their own turn on him and start fighting for you. It's no Last of Us in terms of story telling but I had a great time with it as I got further in.

Speaking of that awful company, they're having a sale this weekend on Steam. And yes, Shadow Of Mordor is cheaper on Bundle Stars than in this sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wb_pub_weekend

Nice. That GOTY Edition upgrade I was already thinking about buying for $9.99 is going for $3.99 in this sale. I'll grab that and maybe Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for $4.99.

For those wondering, Arkham Knight is not featured in this sale because it's still not available for sale on PC. I'm actually kind of surprised they haven't brought it back to the store because it's a totally passable PC port now.

I'm willing to bet a week's worth of salary that Arkham Knight won't come back until they've released another patch and also have at least 1 bit of DLC out. That way they can bring back to Season Pass as well.

MK 9 is really good. The story mode is pretty good, although it does fall apart about 85% through, and the final fight with Shao Kahn is a bowl of piss and chips. Well worth the price of $5 given that it's the complete game with all DLC included.

I'm willing to bet a week's worth of salary that Arkham Knight won't come back until they've released another patch and also have at least 1 bit of DLC out. That way they can bring back to Season Pass as well.

I'm also thinking they will announce their show of good will for the people who have been waiting so long for a fix when the put the game back up for sale. It's disappointing that they have been so quite about it but I think they have to do something.

Well, something is wrong with the Steam store. I'm not able to view the CoD sales at all and I'm not able to get to the checkout page with the Shadow of Mordor GOTY upgrade and Mortal Kombat X. I can browse the rest of the site and add those games to my cart but when I try to check out the page never loads and I get an error message.

Edit: Speaking of Arkham Knight, It's currently on sale for $40 for PS4 and Xbox One on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B00IQCRKT8

Humble Bundle Weekly is based off of GameMaker with various games made in the tool, along with the tool as well as source code for various popular games. I bring this up mainly because of GameMaker itself. The tool itself costs $150, but here you can get it for $6, and for $12 you get it with Android Export, which costs $300. If you're interested in simple game design, this is a REALLY cheap way to do so. And also you get a bunch of games as well, and if you want you can modify a pre-existing game to learn some stuff. Obviously you can't SELL it without permission, but it can do a lot to teach you.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I'm also thinking they will announce their show of good will for the people who have been waiting so long for a fix when the put the game back up for sale. It's disappointing that they have been so quite about it but I think they have to do something.

Well, something is wrong with the Steam store. I'm not able to view the CoD sales at all and I'm not able to get to the checkout page with the Shadow of Mordor GOTY upgrade and Mortal Kombat X. I can browse the rest of the site and add those games to my cart but when I try to check out the page never loads and I get an error message.

Edit: Speaking of Arkham Knight, It's currently on sale for $40 for PS4 and Xbox One on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B00IQCRKT8
The CoD sales aren't anything great, just like always. Nothing more than 50% off of their still inflated prices for games that have been out for years.

And I thought you were getting MK9, not MK X...

The CoD sales aren't anything great, just like always. Nothing more than 50% off of their still inflated prices for games that have been out for years.

And I thought you were getting MK9, not MK X...

Yeah I typed that out wrong. I'm not getting MK X at the price they are asking for it. I'm not even a huge fighting game fan.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

Dying Light is on sale on Steam for $29.99. I have been waiting for a deal like this on PC for a long time. Bad timing though. Since I won't be playing Dying Light any time soon with all the big fall releases coming I'm going to continue to wait. I'm guessing it will be offered for less by Black Friday and I have plenty to hold me over until then.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Mad Max is on sale for $24.99 on Green Man Gaming. They are also selling Metal Gear Solid V for $44.39 and Xbox Live Marketplace credit for below face value. For example the $50 cards are going for $40.
Witcher 3 is $26.99 also. Quite a good deal for a game like that.
Mad Max at 50% off is rather telling about its sales. Hell the game is only 3 weeks old. Of course whoever at WB thought that it would be a good idea to release the same day as MGS V deserved a public flogging for being so dumb.
Rocket League is $15.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)