Video Game Deals

Green Man Gaming has updated their VIP games. Unfortunately I am getting an Error 500: Internal Server Error when I try to add any of them to my cart. I am trying to get Far Cry Primal for $35.99.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Far Cry Primal - $35.99
XCOM 2 - $46.19
XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe - $57.74
Street Fighter V - $44.99
Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition - $67.48
Doom - $46.79

Green Man Gaming has updated their VIP games. Unfortunately I am getting an Error 500: Internal Server Error when I try to add any of them to my cart. I am trying to get Far Cry Primal for $35.99.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Far Cry Primal - $35.99
XCOM 2 - $46.19
XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe - $57.74
Street Fighter V - $44.99
Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition - $67.48
Doom - $46.79
Probably you and the rest of the world are trying to get it at that price and the site is folding.
Doom is tempting at that price but I'm holding out to see if it gets lower before release. Even if it never does I don't mind waiting for it to come down before I pick it up.

Probably you and the rest of the world are trying to get it at that price and the site is folding.
Doom is tempting at that price but I'm holding out to see if it gets lower before release. Even if it never does I don't mind waiting for it to come down before I pick it up.

Things must have calmed down a bit because I was just able to complete my order.

Yeah it's basically add ons for F2P games. I'm sure it's all significantly cheaper than buying within the game at regular price, but unless you're a big F2P guy I don't see this being very successful. But then again, F2P is big business nowadays so maybe this'll sell like a Season Pass that's getting a 66% price increase in the near future.

Speaking of Far Cry, here's an interesting video about the game series.

What? No love for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? They even mention gaming references in FC3 and another FC3 DLC, but not in Blood Dragon, a fully fleshed-out standalone iteration of Far Cry where you actually fight pre-historic-type creatures.

Yeah it's basically add ons for F2P games. I'm sure it's all significantly cheaper than buying within the game at regular price, but unless you're a big F2P guy I don't see this being very successful. But then again, F2P is big business nowadays so maybe this'll sell like a Season Pass that's getting a 66% price increase in the near future.

If they had Heroes of the Storm Characters I would bite. That's the only free-to-play game I'm playing regularly right now.

Wow.. you can get Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC (The new one) for $18 from Gamestop as a digital code. You can get the season pass for $9. So if you're keeping score, you can get ROTR, a game that hasn't even been out for a month, INCLUDING the Season Pass, for $27 (likely closer to $30 with taxes.) Still, that's a 66% discount.

Game

SP

Normally I don't jump on stuff like this anymore, but I guess I'm like a girl, except that while when girls get mad they buy clothes, when I get mad I buy video games. I'd argue my crutch is cheaper than theirs..

UPDATE: Sorry, as of 12:53 EST the deal is dead.

Last edited:
Wow.. you can get Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC (The new one) for $18 from Gamestop as a digital code. You can get the season pass for $9. So if you're keeping score, you can get ROTR, a game that hasn't even been out for a month, INCLUDING the Season Pass, for $27 (likely closer to $30 with taxes.) Still, that's a 66% discount.

Game

SP

Normally I don't jump on stuff like this anymore, but I guess I'm like a girl, except that while when girls get mad they buy clothes, when I get mad I buy video games. I'd argue my crutch is cheaper than theirs..

Done! I wasn't even planning on buying the season pass but at that price I'm getting everything. I think this has to be a pricing error similar to what happened with Gat out of Hell on PC being made available on Gamestop for $5 before the game had even been released. They fixed the problem quickly in that case but those of us who got our orders in before the change were able to keep them.

Again, I really need to consider dropping my Far Cry Primal and/or The Division pre-orders.

Boy Ubisoft's really got you by the balls don't they? ;-P

Sunset Overdrive is $15 at Best Buy, cheaper with GCU (seriously, if you buy a lot of games then GCU will more than pay for itself within the 2 years you have it)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sunset-overdrive-xbox-one/9812053.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

They're both games I think I want at prices below what I will be able to get even on sale for a while after release. I'm more sure about Far Cry Primal just because I know I like the Far Cry formula. I'm less sure about The Division because it's a new, unproven franchise. At the same time the online nature of The Division means I'm probably better off getting in at the beginning if I'm going to play it.

I can easily see Far Cry Primal being available for $20 on PC not that long after release. It happened after just a couple months with Far Cry 4 and that was a mainline game instead of an offshoot like this.

Games With Gold for March have been announced. You may or may not want these games but people keep saying they want more than just indie games through Games With Gold and PS Plus. Games With Gold has definitely had more full retail release games than PS Plus during this console generation.

http://majornelson.com/2016/02/23/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-march-2016/

Xbox One
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Lords of the Fallen

Xbox 360
Borderlands
Supreme Commander 2

March for me is by far the worst month for PS Plus games - EVER (did I say that last month?)
  • Broforce, PS4
  • Flame Over, PS Vita
  • Galak-Z, PS4
  • The Last Guy, PS3
  • Reality Fighters, PS Vita
  • Super Stardust HD, PS3
I hope GwG manages to put some pressure on Plus with two AAA titles for the current gen console next month (though that Sherlock game has already been free on Plus for PS3).

March for me is by far the worst month for PS Plus games - EVER (did I say that last month?)
  • Broforce, PS4
  • Flame Over, PS Vita
  • Galak-Z, PS4
  • The Last Guy, PS3
  • Reality Fighters, PS Vita
  • Super Stardust HD, PS3
I hope GwG manages to put some pressure on Plus with two AAA titles for the current gen console next month (though that Sherlock game has already been free on Plus for PS3).

I've heard good things about Galak-Z. I can't really say I'm excited about any of these offerings though.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)