Video Game Deals

As dumb as I think the 2DS design is it's hard not to recommend picking one up at that price. I got my Link Between Worlds 3DS XL bundle during Black Friday a couple years ago. I don't play a ton of handheld games except when traveling but there are enough solid DS and 3DS games to make owning one worth while, especially at $60.

Today on Amazon you can preorder numerous games for only $47.99. The discount appears at checkout.

It looks like this isn't just for today. It is a new benefit to Amazon Prime membership. It says that Prime members now get 20% off new game pre-orders and the 20% discount stands for 2 weeks after release. It also says it will be automatically added to any existing Prime Member pre-orders.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...2383459802&pf_rd_i=B019481Z98&tag=satell01-20

I totally think my Prime Membership is worth the $100 per year. I have been a member for the free 2 day shipping since before video streaming was added. I buy so much stuff from Amazon that this alone was worth it for me to sign up back then.

Now it includes video streaming, their equivalent of a Spotify premium account, free Kindle books, and now the video game discounts. I take advantage of every one of those benefits.

The music service is surprisingly good for an afterthought addition to the membership too. It's not as good as Spotify in that it doesn't have most new music the day it comes out but they usually add new albums from publishers they have deals with within 3-6 months after release.

They don't have everything I want but they have enough that I use it regularly as background music while I play games on my PC or with the phone app while I'm at the gym. They just need Xbox One and PS4 apps so I can stream it while I play games on the consoles too.

It does have unlimited skips, offline listening, and it's commercial free like Spotify Premium though.

Edit: One thing I don't like about the discount game perk is that it doesn't seem to apply to digital PC releases. For example, I'm interested in XCOM 2. The discount applies to the disc copy but I want the Deluxe version that comes with the season pass. This is only available digitally and it doesn't look like the discount applies to the Digital Deluxe or Digital Standard versions of the game.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem to work for digital console purchases either. This looks like it is for physical copies only.

Last edited:
Some nice deals in the Playstation Essentials Sale, including Dragon Age Inquisition Ultimate Edition (PS4) for $14; inFamous Second Son for $9.99; Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3) for $9; LA Noire Complete Edition (PS3) for $8; and Tearaway (Vita) for $8.

All the above prices are for Plus members, but non-members still get up to 75% off on some items in this sale.

Once again, not much for PS4 owners. Second Son for $10 is a no-brainer, but other than for the most part that the deals are meh at best.

Some nice deals in the Playstation Essentials Sale, including Dragon Age Inquisition Ultimate Edition (PS4) for $14; inFamous Second Son for $9.99; Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3) for $9; LA Noire Complete Edition (PS3) for $8; and Tearaway (Vita) for $8.

All the above prices are for Plus members, but non-members still get up to 75% off on some items in this sale.

Once again, not much for PS4 owners. Second Son for $10 is a no-brainer, but other than for the most part that the deals are meh at best.

I'm definitely grabbing Second Son at that price. I have been wanting to do an evil play through to finish off my platinum trophy for a long time.

Dragon Age Inqusition isn't a bad price either but I have seen that kind of deal several times.

I'm definitely grabbing Second Son at that price. I have been wanting to do an evil play through to finish off my platinum trophy for a long time.

Dragon Age Inqusition isn't a bad price either but I have seen that kind of deal several times.

I thought the Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition was the deal of the century until I saw it doesn't include all the playable DLC. You need the GOTY version for that. However, that's the best price I've seen for PS4.

Some of those selections are a little off. I mean Roundabout may have some FMV in it but the basic gameplay doesn't involve FMV. Too bad they couldn't get the Ron Bluth games. I'm also surprised Digital Pictures hasn't tried to resell all their old Sega CD games on PC. Still, not bad overall. For less than the price of a standard copy of Her Story you get 11 games.

I'd REALLY like to see them include Spycraft. I remember having a lot of fun with that game. One of the few games that knew how to best use FMV style gameplay. Actually it looks like GoG has it. May have to add that to my wishlist.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

There is a really good Firaxis Humble Bundle if you like strategy games. XCOM Enemy Unknown is in the $1 tier. This is an awesome, sci-fi strategey game that makes this Humble Bundle worth it on its own.

If you pay the beat the average price (currently $6.47) you get my most played Steam game, Civilization V. You also get the XCOM Enemy Within expansion, more XCOM DLC, Sid Meier's Starships, and more games to be added next Tuesday. I would expect the Civ V expansions to be added next week because this bundle already covers most of the current Firaxis oferings.

If you go for the for the $15 tier you get Civilization: Beyond Earth and some DLC. I would personally be in at the $15 tier if I didn't already own everything I just rattled off.

Green Man Gaming has the XCOM 2 pre-order on sale for $44.99. The 20% off promo code 20PERC-WTHGMG-201620 brings the total down to $36.00.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/xcom-2/

They also have the Digital Deluxe (game plus season pass) version on sale for $56.24. The 20% off promo code brings this version down to $45. I'm strongly considering going with this option.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/xcom-2/

Edit: And if you are worried about Green Man getting to these prices by being shady like they have been accused of in the past I don't think that is what is happening here. The publisher, 2K, is listed as one of their retail partners on the first page and Green Man has exclusive events with the developer of XCOM 2 listed on the store page.

Edit: I just tried to buy the Digital Deluxe Edtion and found out that the promo code does not work in addition to these discounts. They have worked on top of other discounts for me in the past but not this time.

Last edited:
You can also pre-order the following games for $36 each from Green Man Gaming with the promo code 20PERC-WTHGMG-201620

Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Division
Street Fighter V
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Far Cry Primal
Hitman
Battleborn

Here are some other current deals there.

Star Wars Battlefront - $31.20
Black Ops 3 - $31.20
Lego Avengers pre-order - $24
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - $27.20

Edit: The promo code does not appear to work on these pre-orders so the prices are all a little higher than I posted.These are still decent deals but not as good as what I posted.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Green Man Gaming has changed their VIP program games. VIP is free. You just have to make an account on their website to access it.

The Division and Far Cry Primal are both available to pre-order for $38.99.
Black Ops III - $36.99
Witcher III - $24.99
Rainbow 6 Siege - $39.99

I think I'm willing to take a chance on The Division at that price. I figure I can always cancel my pre-order if the reviews end up being terrible.

I thought VIP was always free. I'm pretty sure I'm a VIP member and I paid nothing extra.

Yeah it is. I may have worded it awkwardly but that is what I was trying to say. I thought the VIP name might imply that it costs money to be a member so I wanted to let people know it was free.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question