Video Game Deals

Square-Enix sale on the PSN store now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/square-enix-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SQUAREENIXSALE

Good deals, but it does get frustrating to see when these sales go on that these classic games are available for every system EXCEPT the PS4. Seriously, screw PS2 emulation, just let me play PS1 games on my damn modern system. If it's all digital then there's NO reason it shouldn't run. My damn Nexus One could run these games. Sorry I'm ranting again, but really...

In other disappointing news, here's this week's Deals with Gold.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-weeks-xbox-one-and-xbox-360-deals-with-gold-r/1100-6434169/

Square-Enix sale on the PSN store now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/square-enix-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SQUAREENIXSALE

Good deals, but it does get frustrating to see when these sales go on that these classic games are available for every system EXCEPT the PS4. Seriously, screw PS2 emulation, just let me play PS1 games on my damn modern system. If it's all digital then there's NO reason it shouldn't run. My damn Nexus One could run these games. Sorry I'm ranting again, but really...

In other disappointing news, here's this week's Deals with Gold.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-weeks-xbox-one-and-xbox-360-deals-with-gold-r/1100-6434169/

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition at $7.50 is a good deal for people who haven't already played the PS3/360 version for free. It was also free on Xbox One.

Just when you thought the free PS Plus offerings couldn't get any worse:
  • Grid Autosport, PS3
  • Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back , PS4, PS3, PS Vita
  • Lemmings Touch, PS Vita
  • Nom Nom Galaxy, PS4
  • Nova-111, PS Vita
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3
Part of my problem is that at this point I have plenty of other and much better games in my Plus backlog in each category (racing, fighting, 16-bit platformers, etc.) if I were interesting in those types of games. I thought Lemmings Touch would be good for me, but I'm reading that the controls are a bit imprecise for a game that requires a high degree of precision.

I might give Helldivers a chance. I have heard that it was a very good co-op game. I have no interest in the rest of it.

Well Persona 4 is apparently a really good fighting game, but yeah once again the PS4 offerings suck. Maybe after they got Rocket League for free Sony had to sign some sort of "Mediocrity Deal" that bars them from getting any other really good games for an extended period.

Speaking of "Mediocrity Deal", here's February's Games with Gold

http://majornelson.com/2016/01/27/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-february-2016/

Gears of War 2 is a rather dated title I have to admit but goddamn it is still fun. Now that it's free I think it would be cool if we could get some SatGuys Horde sessions going. We can have up to 5 players and when you have a game going with people you know that are all talking it is just a ton of fun (yes I realize that statement applies for nearly every game but when you can communicate it makes a big difference in this game.)

Well Persona 4 is apparently a really good fighting game, but yeah once again the PS4 offerings suck. Maybe after they got Rocket League for free Sony had to sign some sort of "Mediocrity Deal" that bars them from getting any other really good games for an extended period.

Speaking of "Mediocrity Deal", here's February's Games with Gold

http://majornelson.com/2016/01/27/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-february-2016/

Gears of War 2 is a rather dated title I have to admit but goddamn it is still fun. Now that it's free I think it would be cool if we could get some SatGuys Horde sessions going. We can have up to 5 players and when you have a game going with people you know that are all talking it is just a ton of fun (yes I realize that statement applies for nearly every game but when you can communicate it makes a big difference in this game.)

I'd be up for some SatGuys Horde mode. Me and yourbeliefs have played together a few times but it would be more fun with a whole group in the party chat.

As for the free games I don't already own, I'll give Hand of Fate a try. I almost bought it during the Steam Winter Sale.

It's too bad we don't do more SatGuys group games. I remember back in 2010 we'd have like weekly games of Call of Duty and Halo, and then they just stopped. I mean I had to drop out because it was around this time my first child was born but we'd have like 4+ people easily. Honestly this whole section used to be a LOT more active and then it fell off. Too bad. We should try to build it back up again IMO.

It's too bad we don't do more SatGuys group games. I remember back in 2010 we'd have like weekly games of Call of Duty and Halo, and then they just stopped. I mean I had to drop out because it was around this time my first child was born but we'd have like 4+ people easily. Honestly this whole section used to be a LOT more active and then it fell off. Too bad. We should try to build it back up again IMO.

That was before I started checking out the video game section here. I do wish this area would get more traction though. It would be fun to get a co-op and versus multiplayer group going. Unfortunately there are only a couple members regularly posting here.

You are still the only SatGuys member I have actually played a game with. Me an Zookster had plans to play some Far Cry 4 co-op a while back but I ended up going with the PC version when it went on a steep discount.

That was before I started checking out the video game section here. I do wish this area would get more traction though. It would be fun to get a co-op and versus multiplayer group going. Unfortunately there are only a couple members regularly posting here.

You are still the only SatGuys member I have actually played a game with. Me an Zookster had plans to play some Far Cry 4 co-op a while back but I ended up going with the PC version when it went on a steep discount.
Yeah things used to be a lot different. Check out the very early "Where are my Satguy Gamers At?" posts.

Back OT, if you are in a JRPG mode and are looking for a good timesink you can get the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster for PS4 for $20 via Amazon. This is for the physical copy. For some reason the widget below is defaulting to the Digital Code, which is $50.

Amazon product ASIN B012YIMAGC

Spec Ops: The Line is $5.99 on Amazon.

That's for the Steam code. If you want to save $0.05, you can get the physical version instead.

Speaking of Amazon, if you haven't sold/put away your PS3 you can get the God of War: Saga Collection for $9.99. That's 5 games for $9.99. If you haven't played these games, you really should. And with all the games in one collection you can play the saga in chronological order.

Last edited:
Another Ubisoft Humble Bundle. PWYW for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Grow Home, and Rayman: Origins. Pay above average for Far Cry 3, AC Chronicles: China, and Splinter Cell Blacklist. Pay $15 for AC: Rogue and The Crew.

Even if you have a big backlog, you really can't go wrong just spending $1 for CoJ: Gunslinger and Rayman: Origins. Those are FANTASTIC games.

Another Ubisoft Humble Bundle. PWYW for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Grow Home, and Rayman: Origins. Pay above average for Far Cry 3, AC Chronicles: China, and Splinter Cell Blacklist. Pay $15 for AC: Rogue and The Crew.

Even if you have a big backlog, you really can't go wrong just spending $1 for CoJ: Gunslinger and Rayman: Origins. Those are FANTASTIC games.

Even though I have most of these games I'm going to get in at the $15 price point. I have been watching for sale prices on AC Rogue since it is basically Black Flag 2 and I really liked that game. I have also been interested in The Crew and AC Chronicles even though I haven't paid as much attention to those ones.

I own every single game besides the ones I just listed though so look for my post in the Free Game Codes thread coming soon.

In addition to the free copy of Need for Speed yourbeliefs mentioned above, Origin is also running a sale on EA published games.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/publishersale

The highlights for me are probably Star Wars Battlefront for $29.99, Dragon Age Inquisition: GOTY Edition for $29.99, and Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for $19.99. The Premium Edition of Battlefield 4 comes with the base game and all DLC.

Edit: There is also the Ultimate Edition of Star Wars Battlefront on sale for $80. This comes with the base game and the $50 season pass.

Well I guess then EA is running a sale EVERYWHERE, whether it be Xbox Marketplace or PSN. Must say I haven't seen Ultimate Edition for that cheap though

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)