NFL 2024-2025 Season

Well the preseason starts up this coming week. but these games count. these players are not ready to play. they can practice for weeks but it doesn't get them ready for full speed for 50 or so plays in those 3 hours.

Sure some teams will be more ready than others. get off hot starts the first 4-6 weeks. then Everyone will be in Great shape. then you will find out who's who.

Cryptocurrency Defi GIF by 1inch

X Men Juggernaut GIF

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
As a reminder, the first quarter of tonight's game is on Amazon. The second quarter is available on Fox. The third quarter is on CBS. The fourth quarter will be available on the NFL Network. Any overtime will require going north of the border to catch it on CBC. This is of course related to the first, second, and fourth downs. All third downs will only be available on the NFL's latest streaming platform Third Down.

An alternate broadcast of the game will be available on Discovery+ and include two monkeys and a stick.

Well the NFL managed to put two of their worst officiating crews on display for their "grand" openings. Last night's game was a debacle; two teams not ready to play, flag happy officials, and a playing surface as slick as the Superbowl was in Arizona. And don't get me started on the Raven's/Chief's game! :rolleyes:

I didn't see a game last night, but I thought the Ravens/Chiefs officiating was "average". They did call a few penalties for offensive linemen being off the line of scrimmage, which upset some people. I'm glad they finally decided to call that. They made it public in the pre-season that they were going to.

It had gotten to where OT's were setting up in the backfield. The offense is required to have certain players on the line of scrimmage. They've always called it on receivers, but now they're going to call it on interior linemen.

Football officials have a difficult job. They could probably call a foul on every play, or ignore any and all fouls. It's a delicate balance they have to aspire to. I kind of like how the UFL allowed each team an open challenge, where once per game they can have a review of any play if they think a foul should have been called or was called and should not have been. Made for some interesting outcomes.

Reactions: meStevo and osu1991
Sunday started off weird. Buffalo down, Miami down. Patriots... up?! And it finished, at least the 1 PM games, mostly normal, except with the Patriots winning.

The Patriots win is definitely a sign of things to come. It was the first time a new NE head coach came in and won their first game, Dick McPherson. If history is a model, the Patriots will be a force to be reckoned with... in 10 years. As much as Pats defense really came through with huge plays, the Bengals didn't help themselves. But the Patriots of the past know that you make your own luck sometimes, you play every down to the whistle, and that made a huge difference in the game's outcome. A lesser performance would have lost. But, the biggest thing in the Patriots game? Lack of penalties! Patriots also won because they weren't working against themselves. But overall, the Patriots appeared to over-perform with the outcome, though their defense was real good. Not looking at a massive year this year, but nice way to start a season.

Now the Browns on the other hand... yipes. The Cowboys can be good, but the Browns are supposed to be good too. Their offense wasn't good, their offensive line was torn to shreds, Watson was hit 17 times! It seemed he was the best rusher for them too. His arm, only impressive a few times. And the receiving... not doing him any favors. Can we talk about the penalties? Browns are spending a fortune this year, and they didn't execute well, and the coaching continues to lack the quality needed in the NFL. A number of very questionable play calls.

Sunday started off weird. Buffalo down, Miami down. Patriots... up?! And it finished, at least the 1 PM games, mostly normal, except with the Patriots winning.

The Patriots win is definitely a sign of things to come. It was the first time a new NE head coach came in and won their first game, Dick McPherson. If history is a model, the Patriots will be a force to be reckoned with... in 10 years. As much as Pats defense really came through with huge plays, the Bengals didn't help themselves. But the Patriots of the past know that you make your own luck sometimes, you play every down to the whistle, and that made a huge difference in the game's outcome. A lesser performance would have lost. But, the biggest thing in the Patriots game? Lack of penalties! Patriots also won because they weren't working against themselves. But overall, the Patriots appeared to over-perform with the outcome, though their defense was real good. Not looking at a massive year this year, but nice way to start a season.

Now the Browns on the other hand... yipes. The Cowboys can be good, but the Browns are supposed to be good too. Their offense wasn't good, their offensive line was torn to shreds, Watson was hit 17 times! It seemed he was the best rusher for them too. His arm, only impressive a few times. And the receiving... not doing him any favors. Can we talk about the penalties? Browns are spending a fortune this year, and they didn't execute well, and the coaching continues to lack the quality needed in the NFL. A number of very questionable play calls.
Do not forget the Lions, who had their usual up in the first part of the game, then behind/tied in the second part, then finally win the end.

I get stressed every game, probably because I am so used to disappointment.

But winning over LA was nice because of Matthew Stafford.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Do not forget the Lions, who had their usual up in the first part of the game, then behind/tied in the second part, then finally win the end.

I get stressed every game, probably because I am so used to disappointment.

But winning over LA was nice because of Matthew Stafford.
The Lions took it to them in the OT ...
Ran every play and went down for the game winning TD !

I understand what you guys are saying ... however, the media makes it sound like hes had dozens of concussions, he's officially had 2.

He may not handle concussions as well as others and yes, he should address it before its to late.

The guys on the line have Many more ....

Again, the Media made it sound like he took a Great shot from the defender, when looking at the play, Tua is the one that initiated the contact and put his head in that place, I wouldn't blame the defender, there wasn't anything he could do, and he didn't hit him with his helmet, there was nothing wrong with the tackle, just the contact that was started by Tua.

Now obviously he didn't expect to end up with a concussion, but hes the one that put his head in harms way.

I understand what you guys are saying ... however, the media makes it sound like hes had dozens of concussions, he's officially had 2.

He may not handle concussions as well as others and yes, he should address it before its to late.

The guys on the line have Many more ....

Again, the Media made it sound like he took a Great shot from the defender, when looking at the play, Tua is the one that initiated the contact and put his head in that place, I wouldn't blame the defender, there wasn't anything he could do, and he didn't hit him with his helmet, there was nothing wrong with the tackle, just the contact that was started by Tua.

Now obviously he didn't expect to end up with a concussion, but hes the one that put his head in harms way.
Both hits were bad. So bad his players had to hold him up. The protocol wasnt followed, he did not get the rest for his brain. CTE is all over the NFL.

Now I do not know his high school or collage hits? Concussions and head injuries are cumulative! For some people, the next one can be small, then his whole life and career can end. It is very serious to have concussions, but to try to play through? Certainly not what a Dr would order!

Reactions: Jimbo and osu1991

Vegas, the sports town?

Auto Racing 2024