NCAA Football 2014 season

Haha, I love the polls. Its traditional, and it gives us something to talk about.

Yes, it changes weekly, so its easy to call them wrong until a certain point, but most of us have similar thoughts on how the top teams compare, so I don't see the problem.

For those fans of other conference teams that don't like polls this early, you will love this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-5-teams-top-10-180556905--ncaaf.html

IMO there should be no preseason polls, with actual polling starting after 4 weeks of play. And I agree, no coaches poll. What a ridiculous concept anyway.
Meh, the polls can change so much, with it being so rare to run the table that I see no problem with them being started preseason. Of course that's the same argument you might use to start them later.

Reactions: mccoyrj
OSU dropped because VTech got beat by a weak ass team. OSU could have won by 10000 but it doesnt change that the team that beat OSU lost to a no body.
The big tens ooc record against the other power five this season plays into that as well.

Right now the best teams among them don't have much to hang their hat on as an argument to be rated higher.

The big tens ooc record against the other power five this season plays into that as well.

Right now the best teams among them don't have much to hang their hat on as an argument to be rated higher.
The Big Tens record against OOC shouldn't have anything to do with it, If OSU 's record against OOC teams is poor, thats on them, but you cannot move a team down because others don't play up to par with you.
By the end of the year, most likely Ohio State and MSU will be right up there, they should be looked at according to thier records, not Other teams.

Why shouldn't it? OSUs record plays into that as their loss is one of those against a power conference foe. What is your comparison criteria if not head to head? Be it by your record and those you played.

Do you have a better method?

I like watching these old game films when I'm stuck on the phone on hold. Interesting to see how the game has changed and the way they played the game, the crowds etc.. as you move forward from the 40's, 50's, 60's. I'm amazed that so many of these old films have been converted to digital and made available. Some of them are silent, others have had the radio broadcasts synced to the film, and some have play by play for the condensed highlight reels and then normal play by play as you get further into the modern tv age.

The 1946 Sugar Bowl. Oklahoma A&M with the great Bob Fenimore, 2 time all american and #1 pick in the NFL draft went undefeated and many of his records still stand today.

1954 Ohio St with commentary by Woody Hayes

No kidding, tons of talent, but the more he does, the more he appears to be a thug/punk. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts