NCAA Football 2014 season

I was thinking this was a potential slip up game for the Noles anyway, but with this, an upset is a real possibility.

Other than making a fool of himself, did he really do anything bad this time?
I can see extra laps a practice, but a suspension?

other than making a fool of himself, did he really do anything bad this time?
As a stand alone issue, it is not that bad. It does show poor judgement from someone in the public eye that should know better, but I doubt he would have been suspended.
Probably some in practice punishment would have still been warranted. I mean, you do not want the face of your football team yelling out "f*** her in the P****" for no reason in public.

That said, put with all the other stuff he has been in trouble for, and given the current university investigation going on now (is it still), and all of the NFL stuff, something had to be done IMO. It all built on the rest, and he should not be surprised he is suspended. He might be surprised that it is not a longer suspension.

Last edited:
ec

FSU should still be able to beat Clemson with Maguire playing a half. To be honest, Clemson should lose one more on the schedule so even if FSU loses and can win the ACC with one loss, they should make the playoffs. B10 is pretty much out of that picture now.

As far as the 1/2 game, they did it bass-ackwards. 1/2 game vs Ok St because of the crab theft would have made sense, it is completely ludicrous now because what they did with the suspension is draw more publicity to the school on something that would have went away. All it was is a Deadspin article with tweets, could have been ignored and handled internally.

How does the NCAA expect 19 and 20 year old young adults to know what consequences are when the penalties are nowhere near consistent across the schools. Here you have a kid suspended half a game for cussing, basically. Wasn't on video, wasn't on audio, just some twitter posts. There are two players I know of right now on two different teams that tested positive for pot and got year suspensions, which were reduced to 1/2 a year under the new NCAA rules. Keeping that in mind, you have a QB from a popular SEC school that got kicked out of another SEC school for stealing from his teammate, who got a 1/2 game suspension recently for being pulled over with POT. Oh wait, he wasnt tested for it and found positive, he just got stopped by the cops and had it... I'm sure it was for his sick mother.

The most amusing things to this are our fans and the media. One of our WR's stole a scooter and lied to detectives for weeks, his punishment was going to Texas but not playing in that game. They got him back for The Citadel per Jimbo, not one media peep and the fans were so glad he was back. Today I was like "kid stole property and lied to police and you overlooked it to get him back, JW cusses in public and you want him kicked off the team". Our administration looks like fools when they should have acted more after the crab thing, instead of over reacting over something so simple now.

Most kids you want to pull for and get things turned around. Winston like Manziel has depleted any chances from the media and public.
I believe his Heisman chances just went down the drain.
How many chances will he get?
Who knows. I do know this. The Tiltle IX probe is not going away.
The NFL is seeing to that. Things could get very ugly.

I get it, but he didn't get suspended because he cussed.

This is an overreaction taken on face value by itself, but it's not an overreaction.

At least imo. The kid is talented, and most schools would want him for football as far as that goes (obviously), but he is becoming more of an issue that many would be willing to put up with.

Honestly, and I hope it doesn't happen for this young man's future, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the team by the end of the year.

Most kids you want to pull for and get things turned around. Winston like Manziel has depleted any chances from the media and public.
I believe his Heisman chances just went down the drain.
How many chances will he get?
Who knows. I do know this. The Tiltle IX probe is not going away.
The NFL is seeing to that. Things could get very ugly.
The Winston thing is much worse from a social standpoint. I see it as having a far bigger impact that manziel just being a douche.

He was never getting a Heisman this year, even if he played lights out. Too many people have decided he raped that girl and Fine-bum spends his SEC Network time bringing up how he will not vote for JW. I personally do not think you need to win multiples of that award, and he certainly should be knocked down the ladder for his play so far.

I'm not really worried about Title IX, but from this sad attempt at over due discipline it tells me if he goofs on anything minor, he is either benched or kicked out. They are letting media pressure get to them. Secondly, any chance of him considering on coming back is gone IMO. No way you want to put up with this scrutiny day in day out without getting paid.

I get it, but he didn't get suspended because he cussed.

This is an overreaction taken on face value by itself, but it's not an overreaction.

At least imo. The kid is talented, and most schools would want him for football as far as that goes (obviously), but he is becoming more of an issue that many would be willing to put up with.

Honestly, and I hope it doesn't happen for this young man's future, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the team by the end of the year.

Look, I know everything he has done. It's a farce because they picked this of all things to show up and act serious about. He should have gotten some football bench time after the crabs but they hid behind "he is playing baseball". If they had acted more then instead of hiding behind baseball, might have gotten his attention more. Sure, it isn't just about the cussing, but they look like complete jokes. Rest of the country is fine with it because they hope FSU will lose this one and get knocked down. Thats fine too because that is nat champ problems, but the administration continues to make stupid moves, and this is just another.

Like I said above, everyone turned their head when our scooter thief got arrested and then only missed one game (still got to go on trip). It's easier to stomach this because most people want Jameis to fail, same view everyone had on Manziel except A&M fans. Apply the crabs and this to 99% of other athletes, and nothing happens...

I dont think so. With the money going to these programs and public scrutiny at all time highs. I think more and more things are going to draw suspensions or expulsions.

Personally, I think FSU should have done something football related over the crabs, since he is mainly in school for football, but this is a cumulative problem for him. No matter how minor it's 3 strikes in the past year and he is probably lucky it's not a couple of games suspension.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

At least Jameis isn't as arrogant as Manziel is/was.

Manzeil flaunted it, made it look like he was above all others ...

Waiting for him to actually play in the NFL, not a play or two ... so he can have his "WELCOME to the NFL" moment.

At least Jameis isn't as arrogant as Manziel is/was.

Manzeil flaunted it, made it look like he was above all others ...

Waiting for him to actually play in the NFL, not a play or two ... so he can have his "WELCOME to the NFL"

I think your talking about the same person (Manziel and Winston).
They both seem to think they are above others. What else explains Winston's actions over and over and over......

While I don't really believe in "moral victory's" I can see some light at the end of the tunnel for UK football, at least for now. The Cat's actually have SEC speed for the first time in a long time. I think the QB will only get better. I think offensively the team is right there but the Cats still need some bulk on the defensive and offensive line. Florida ran all overt them in the second half. But, in their defense, it was very hot and humid and that might happen to most teams who aren't used to that type of weather. Having said that, I am still unsure of how good this team is because I am unsure of how good Florida really is at this time. But, the Cat's hung with them at the Swamp, that in and of itself is a great sign. I think we might learn a little more about where UK is when they play Vandy this Saturday.

We didnt get you too bad. Its good reading. ;)

lol no wasn't concerned with that.. in fact I think VT played a decent game just dropping into a hole like that to only come out at the end but then trip on the shovel in the last minute was just amazing yet stupid to watch. They are a much better team than that, just wasn't the better team last saturday! I'm pulling for ECU to beat UNC saturday now cause if they don't the loss will look worse. VT still has a very decent schedule setup to finish off really strong so ohh well. They gotta take care of business this saturday against the option which I'm sure Bud will handle just fine as he has in previous years.

While I don't really believe in "moral victory's" I can see some light at the end of the tunnel for UK football, at least for now. The Cat's actually have SEC speed for the first time in a long time. I think the QB will only get better. I think offensively the team is right there but the Cats still need some bulk on the defensive and offensive line. Florida ran all overt them in the second half. But, in their defense, it was very hot and humid and that might happen to most teams who aren't used to that type of weather. Having said that, I am still unsure of how good this team is because I am unsure of how good Florida really is at this time. But, the Cat's hung with them at the Swamp, that in and of itself is a great sign. I think we might learn a little more about where UK is when they play Vandy this Saturday.

Tell me about it. I hope Kentucky was really really good.. But I think we were just pretty bad.

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts