NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Why not Boise State? Just throwing that out there, seems like they have a good program
Speaking of Boise St they had a very unimpressive win tonight over Tulsa. For a team that is hard to evaluate against other teams in the top 10 Boise needs style points more than anyone. Beating Tulsa 28-21 doesn't jump off the page to me.

Screw the CCG, give us a Playoff instead, start the 1st weekend in Dec and have at it.
Take the top 16 teams.

:up

We already have 60+ "bowl" games, so its not like they would be missing a few of them, which are played between schools with "non-losing" records.

Go ahead and have a real playoff system, this BCS is a joke, as long as any polls are included in it. Want proof? ND 25th best team in the country? What a joke!

I can see your point, but you just can't throw out a quality win just because it happened in week #1. Considering what Oregon has done since then, that win just grows and grows. Boise St. has no say in their in-conference schedule, and it's wrong to penalize them for that.

Say what? BS can always change conferences, if they really want some respect. Look at the mass exodus from and to the BE as an example. Its pure BS (and I don't mean Boise State) to say they cannot control their schedule. Until they do schedule real teams on a consistent basis, their win over Oregon was a total fluke, as far as I am concerned.

Speaking of Boise St they had a very unimpressive win tonight over Tulsa. For a team that is hard to evaluate against other teams in the top 10 Boise needs style points more than anyone. Beating Tulsa 28-21 doesn't jump off the page to me.

True enough. I've always liked the topic of who the 12th team in the Bigger Then Ten conference should be. Seems like Notre Dame and Syracuse have always been top choices. But if we are just going by geography then throw Missouri out there, or Kentucky.

Not like either of those schools would come to the Bigger then Ten conference.

:up

We already have 60+ "bowl" games, so its not like they would be missing a few of them, which are played between schools with "non-losing" records.

Go ahead and have a real playoff system, this BCS is a joke, as long as any polls are included in it. Want proof? ND 25th best team in the country? What a joke!

I didn't expand enough on it though .....
After the Top 16 teams are selected, go ahead and decide on the rest of the bowls that are available.
Personally, I think there are WAY too many bowls at this time anyways.
It's suppose to be something that you are rewarded for having a good/great season, anymore it goes to teams that barely break even in some cases ....

I think they should cut the number of bowls back quite abit and make minimums to get there.
If you play a 12 games schedule you should have to win 8 to get into a bowl would be my call, but most would agree on 7 I think, but if you don't have a winning record you should NOT be eligible to go to a bowl.

Also, there are a lot of bowls that really, no one wants to go to.
Motor City bowl for one.
Who wants to play in the new NY bowl in the middle of the winter ?
There are plenty of others that have relatively low interest as well.

True enough. I've always liked the topic of who the 12th team in the Bigger Then Ten conference should be. Seems like Notre Dame and Syracuse have always been top choices. But if we are just going by geography then throw Missouri out there, or Kentucky.

Not like either of those schools would come to the Bigger then Ten conference.

Kentucky will never, I repeat never leave the SEC. They founded it.

I'm tired of hearing people give SEC teams a free pass for their soft schedules, yet Notre Dame gets destroyed for doing so, which does NOT include 1-AA teams.

The Irish have never stooped as low as to play 1-AA teams, which is what the SEC does all the time in OOC.

And they always play the Sun Belt... and never get criticized by the SEC-loving media.

Memo to the SEC- improve your OOC schedule!

When are they going to stop going with the Sun Belt cupcakes and play REAL conferences?

I'm tired of hearing people give SEC teams a free pass for their soft schedules, yet Notre Dame gets destroyed for doing so, which does NOT include 1-AA teams.

The Irish have never stooped as low as to play 1-AA teams, which is what the SEC does all the time in OOC.

And they always play the Sun Belt... and never get criticized by the SEC-loving media.

Memo to the SEC- improve your OOC schedule!

When are they going to stop going with the Sun Belt cupcakes and play REAL conferences?

Soft schedule? I don't think so. They play each other, that's tough enough.

Kentucky will never, I repeat never leave the SEC. They founded it.
So did Ga Tech, but they left in the 60's when Bobby Dodd got tired of Bear Bryant's cheating.

And besides, Kentucky would probably win more games in the Big 10 ;)

But yes I agree, Kentucky won't leave the SEC, far too much money being made.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)