Dish Price Increases (2024-25)

I ordered this today being it is on sale. Being I am pulling in the Joplin, MO channels more than the NW Arkansas channels what zip code would I use for the guide info. Would I use my home zip code or one in Missouri?
Good luck with that. The Tablo 4th generation is total garbage. I've tried 2 of them and they both lasted about a week before they stopped connecting to my network. I kept having to reset them to factory settings. Both went back for a refund.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I guess they dont care if people just leave. they just want people that stay to pay more, in 3 month i have redo thing cause $50 off i getting for past 12 month ends. gona find out how much dish wants there long time subscriber to stay subbed
So, Dish gave you $50 off a month and you are complaining that Dish isn't doing anything to keep you? Totally Krusty the Clowning it here.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSR0JWvliWE

The page has been updated - Locals are going up to $14.00 across the board, and the note says it is now a $7 increase instead of "up to $8". I thought the locals would change based off zip code, but I guess not.

We value you as a customer. The price we pay to provide you with the programming you enjoy continues to increase well above the pace of inflation. We actively fight every day on your behalf to keep costs as low as possible. However, due to these rising costs, effective 9/19/2024, DISH is changing prices on select local, core programming, fees and surcharges, resulting in a $7 increase per month.
Dish rocks in allowing the Locals to be plucked out. A not so much nickel and dime expense these days that we don't have to carry.

Good luck with that. The Tablo 4th generation is total garbage. I've tried 2 of them and they both lasted about a week before they stopped connecting to my network. I kept having to reset them to factory settings. Both went back for a refund.
I got my Tablo up and running. So far it is working great. I have it connected via ethernet.

I am also looking into YouTube TV as an option to pair with Tablo and get rid of Dish. Is there a section here to discuss YouTube instead of hijacking this thread more?

I got my Tablo up and running. So far it is working great. I have it connected via ethernet.

I am also looking into YouTube TV as an option to pair with Tablo and get rid of Dish. Is there a section here to discuss YouTube instead of hijacking this thread more?

Dish's new prices are posted - going into effect September 19 (one month earlier than last year)

$5 increase on all packages

There is a note for a future change on pricing for the local channel packages. Not sure if that means different markets will have different rates or not. Also, all the add-on packages are not listed yet.

There is an offer for 2 months of free Paramount+ with Showtime.
Do the packages posted include the locals?

With the exception of the Welcome Package, no, and the price of locals is also going up.
Thanks, I figured I could drop the 250 package to the 200 package for a savings of $10 and then cancel the locals being I have a Tablo now for another savings of $14. This will reduce my future bill by $24. Right now I am paying a total of $130 for the $250 package. This includes the equipment, locals and taxes minus the auto pay fees. Right now it will bring my bill down to $104. I can't find any combinations of streaming services with the channels I want for a big savings. This will keep my non-techie wife happy also.

My bill went up a fair bit so I called and asked how I could lower it. By the time I was done my bill was lower than it was originally, so that was nice. They were very nice, and it was by far the best customer service experience I’ve had in a long time. No stupid bot, no voice activated garbage, no unintelligible reps. Not what I expected at all.

My bill went up a fair bit so I called and asked how I could lower it. By the time I was done my bill was lower than it was originally, so that was nice. They were very nice, and it was by far the best customer service experience I’ve had in a long time. No stupid bot, no voice activated garbage, no unintelligible reps. Not what I expected at all.
I am sure I will be going that route in a few months. Hopefully I can get the same result as you did.

I may have spoke to soon being I cannot connect to it today. I tried the reset and a hard reboot. I tried the TV that is connected straight to my router and I tried my tablet. Roku is saying there is no Tablo installed. I guess the next step would be uninstall it and then reinstall it somehow.

I may have spoke to soon being I cannot connect to it today. I tried the reset and a hard reboot. I tried the TV that is connected straight to my router and I tried my tablet. Roku is saying there is no Tablo installed. I guess the next step would be uninstall it and then reinstall it somehow.
I had the same thing happen yesterday on my Fire Tv in the office. It didn't recognize my Next Gen Tablo so I rebooted the TV and then deleted the Tablo app and readded it and then I was able to see my Tablo. Quirky behavior. My old legacy Tablo was always connected with no problems.

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Hopper3 HDD swap