Dish Price Increases (2024-25)

Connects the same, ethernet to router, directly to one TV, and APP for Android or Iphone. But it does not have the ability to stream to the app outside the same network the Tablo is connected to. Also does not work on Windows now and still not Apple TV.
It does work in home on FireStick and most Android devices that can download the app.
yea it works on all the google devices.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What would you suggest? I already have a TP-Link AX3200 router in my closet gathering dust.
I have 4 of these in my house, 1 as a router, the other 3 in bridge mode.

TP-Link WiFi 6 Internet Gaming Router - Tri Band High-Speed​

IMG_1456.jpeg

I was using Netgears Nighthawks, but those were destroyed in a lightning strike, that happened about 2 months ago, in my next door neighbor’s yard.

Even if I have 2 acres, lots of distance between homes, whole home surge protection, when it happens that close, there will be damage.

But I find the TP-Links to be better then the Netgears.

So this increase has brought a couple questions to my mind.

1. Looks like I can save $12 (possibly $15) by dropping the locals entirely, and setting up timers for anything in prime time (honestly, there's hardly anything there that we want to see). Will my H3 still get guide info for those -01 channels like it does now, if I'm not paying for the locals package?

2. Is there a comparison/channel list for Smart, Welcome, and Dish America, to know which is the better value based on what channels I want? I already have Flex but have not seen much about those three packages.

So this increase has brought a couple questions to my mind.

1. Looks like I can save $12 (possibly $15) by dropping the locals entirely, and setting up timers for anything in prime time (honestly, there's hardly anything there that we want to see). Will my H3 still get guide info for those -01 channels like it does now, if I'm not paying for the locals package?

2. Is there a comparison/channel list for Smart, Welcome, and Dish America, to know which is the better value based on what channels I want? I already have Flex but have not seen much about those three packages.
I can't answer #1 as I don't have a H3, but the second question - I was told by multiple CSR's that it is impossible to get those packages added, and anyone who had those packages if they change their package they can't get them back. Dish America used to be a great deal back in the day, when they had the Dish America, Dish Silver, and Dish Gold options. In essence they were HD only packages where you didn't have the $10 HD fee, and you could save money by not getting any channels that weren't in HD, and the only SD channels were the pay to be on satellite channels.

Simple answer - YES. You can even enable PTAT and skip commercials.
Wait what? PTAT works without the locals package?

Or you're saying that if I do record something OTA in prime time, the skipping of commercials will work, not that it will somehow record all four OTA channels.

Or you're saying that if I do record something OTA in prime time, the skipping of commercials will work, not that it will somehow record all four OTA channels.
Sorry - you activate PTAT and then you will be able to skip commercials. It does not record prime time shows without setting timers.

I have a Hopper 3 with ota usb dongle and I have PTAT turned on but my receiver is deactivated since I left DISH two years ago. If I record any main network ota channel, I will get the auto skip feature enabled the next day on my ABC and NBC, Fox and with CBS it would take 7 days before it gets auto skip. But you do have to set timers for the shows you want. But it will work. My old external hard drive works too.

Several months ago we downgraded to the Flex Pack. Cut our monthly bill in almost in half. Funny thing is, we recently realized that with things like Netflix and Prime, along with the Roku channel and an OTA antenna, we weren't watching Dish much at all. Cancelled today, after over 28 years. My how time flies.

So, my top 200 package will go from costing $87.99 minus $5 for autopay to $112.99? Holy crap.
That's a lot more than $5.

However, I can lock my existing price for 2 years to keep it at $82.99

I guess they dont care if people just leave. they just want people that stay to pay more, in 3 month i have redo thing cause $50 off i getting for past 12 month ends. gona find out how much dish wants there long time subscriber to stay subbed

I guess they dont care if people just leave. they just want people that stay to pay more, in 3 month i have redo thing cause $50 off i getting for past 12 month ends. gona find out how much dish wants there long time subscriber to stay subbed
No different than the local grocery store. It doesn't matter how long you've been shopping there, if they have to sell you food at a loss to keep you coming in.

The page has been updated - Locals are going up to $14.00 across the board, and the note says it is now a $7 increase instead of "up to $8". I thought the locals would change based off zip code, but I guess not.

We value you as a customer. The price we pay to provide you with the programming you enjoy continues to increase well above the pace of inflation. We actively fight every day on your behalf to keep costs as low as possible. However, due to these rising costs, effective 9/19/2024, DISH is changing prices on select local, core programming, fees and surcharges, resulting in a $7 increase per month.

With these price increases I think Dish is position themselves as a " No good alternative option". When I went to dish 15-20 years ago it was to save money over cable. Then it became a better DVR option than cable.
Now days if you have decent internet available you can easily save $50 a month streaming. I have YouTube TV, Netflix included with my T-Mobile plan Amazon prime, and I am still under $100 a month. And as a bonus when I go on Vacation I take my Firestick with me and I am watching TV just like I would at the house.

Connects the same, ethernet to router, directly to one TV, and APP for Android or Iphone. But it does not have the ability to stream to the app outside the same network the Tablo is connected to. Also does not work on Windows now and still not Apple TV.
It does work in home on FireStick and most Android devices that can download the app.
I ordered this today being it is on sale. Being I am pulling in the Joplin, MO channels more than the NW Arkansas channels what zip code would I use for the guide info. Would I use my home zip code or one in Missouri?

I ordered this today being it is on sale. Being I am pulling in the Joplin, MO channels more than the NW Arkansas channels what zip code would I use for the guide info. Would I use my home zip code or one in Missouri?

I would try your home address first no reason you can't experiment.

No matter what Zip Code you put in, it will show the stations after the scan.

For example, I am in the Orlando area, yet I pick up some of the Tampa stations.

Last edited:

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'