Dish Price Increases (2024-25)

I had the same thing happen yesterday on my Fire Tv in the office. It didn't recognize my Next Gen Tablo so I rebooted the TV and then deleted the Tablo app and readded it and then I was able to see my Tablo. Quirky behavior. My old legacy Tablo was always connected with no problems.
I found out that it was widespread outage at the Tablo servers. It was back up when I checked later.

depends on what you like to watch there's no one size fits all in cord cutting like there is with cable or sat.
If you mean the streaming services, look at it a different way, there is no one size fits all with Cable/Satellite either, since there is so much new scripted content only on streaming services.

Along with Movies and Sports only on streaming.

If you mean the streaming services, look at it a different way, there is no one size fits all with Cable/Satellite either, since there is so much new scripted content only on streaming services.

Along with Movies and Sports only on streaming.
agree but with cable and sat people can just pull up the guide and have all of there channels in front of em vs having to pay for multible services and fumble through different apps to find something to watch

agree but with cable and sat people can just pull up the guide and have all of there channels in front of em vs having to pay for multible services and fumble through different apps to find something to watch
You may considered it fumbling, I find it extremely easy.

I remember going up and down a guide, trying to find something to watch, yet coming up empty, it is probably worse now, since Broadcasters/Cable Channels are producing even less and less new content for Traditional Providers.

Thanks for this thread. While I wasn't paying attention, my bill went up from $110 to $147 SIX MONTHS AGO! Egad. I am now on the Flex Pack + Heartland. Much better deal. I'm missing some news channels that I had before. I do not miss the sports.
Add news pack like we do. What are you getting from Heartland, just curious.

Add news pack like we do. What are you getting from Heartland, just curious.
Ah... Mostly the Hallmark channels. I hit my violence limit in movies and just don't want to feed my brain with that stuff any more. So I've gotten into romance movies in my old age. On the other hand, I just watched one that was so bad, I almost deleted it before finishing it. But then I decided that it couldn't really be that bad so I watched it through to the closing kiss. No chemistry! Mainly the leading actor was wooden beyond belief and I don't understand how he was cast in a 90 min movie. Oh well.

But I do have some excellent movies stored on my Hopper... I have so many I can seldom find the one I'm thinking of. I need a summary of all the movies stored thereon so I don't have to fumble through the damnable tiles. My 722 was better. OK; I said it. Whoever decided Windows and our Hoppers all had to look like at tablet should have had his head examined.

So... assuming a user (me) might want to call in or chat to discuss options to keep the bill from increasing in a couple days' time - what's the best number to call and what would I be asking about?

I seem to remember if you commit to two years or something like that, they agree to not raise the price for that long. It's been so long since I was "in contract" I don't even remember what they call it or how to ask for it. Or do I need to call "retention" and threaten to cancel because I can't afford to pay this much? What's the best approach to save a bit, or at least not spend any more?

Reactions: charlesrshell
So... assuming a user (me) might want to call in or chat to discuss options to keep the bill from increasing in a couple days' time - what's the best number to call and what would I be asking about?

I seem to remember if you commit to two years or something like that, they agree to not raise the price for that long. It's been so long since I was "in contract" I don't even remember what they call it or how to ask for it. Or do I need to call "retention" and threaten to cancel because I can't afford to pay this much? What's the best approach to save a bit, or at least not spend any more?
This is what I would recommend, call them, say you are going to cancel and switch to YTTV because it is only $73 with DVR and 3 rooms.

Do not tell them you are thinking about it, bet you will get some great offers, if you do not get a offer to your liking or they do not call your bluff, set your last day with Dish 2 weeks in the future, bet you get a bunch of calls with better offers during those two weeks,

Hopper 3 remote won't turn off Samsung TV

More and more streaming FAST channels on DISH