Dish Price Increases (2024-25)

How is it working?
Connects the same, ethernet to router, directly to one TV, and APP for Android or Iphone. But it does not have the ability to stream to the app outside the same network the Tablo is connected to. Also does not work on Windows now and still not Apple TV.
It does work in home on FireStick and most Android devices that can download the app.

Connects the same, ethernet to router, directly to one TV, and APP for Android or Iphone. But it does not have the ability to stream to the app outside the same network the Tablo is connected to. Also does not work on Windows now and still not Apple TV.
It does work in home on FireStick and most Android devices that can download the app.
Will being connected directly to my tv via ethernet work better than going through the Roku Ultra?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Will being connected directly to my tv via ethernet work better than going through the Roku Ultra?

Most likely yes, just because there should be no lag. When using the app on Fire TV or Roku there is bound to be some lag. When you go direct to the TV from the Tablo that should be a little faster.

Last edited:
It does not work that way, you connect it via either your wifi or ethernet to your router, then any TV in your house will be able to receive it.

As long as your TV has a app for Tablo or a streaming device, like your Roku Ultra.

For example, if you purchase the 4 tuner model, you have 4 TVs, each with a Roku, then all four of your TVs can watch OTA or a recording via the app.

And yes, you get a guide and everything that comes with it.

If you set a recording on your downstairs TV, but wish to watch that recording on your upstairs TV, you can do do.

It does not work that way, you connect it via either your wifi or ethernet to your router, then any TV in your house will be able to receive it.

As long as your TV has a app for Tablo or a streaming device, like your Roku Ultra.

For example, if you purchase the 4 tuner model, you have 4 TVs, each with a Roku, then all four of your TVs can watch OTA or a recording via the app.

If you set a recording on your downstairs TV, but wish to watch that recording on your upstairs TV, you can do do.

What I answered is correct I'm not sure your answer addresses what he is asking. You can connect the Tablo directly to the TV via HDMI and that should be quicker on that TV than using the app going through Roku, FireTV etc..

Last edited:
What I answered is correct I'm not sure your answer addresses what he is asking. You can connect the Tablo directly to the TV via HDMI and that should be quicker on that TV than using the app going through Roku, FireTV etc..
OK now I am confused. The Tablo has an antenna connection, an USB connection and an ethernet connection. I guess the ethernet connection goes to the router. There is no HDMI connection.

OK now I am confused. The Tablo has an antenna connection, an USB connection and an ethernet connection. I guess the ethernet connection goes to the router. There is no HDMI connection.

I see the problem you are correct. The Tablo site has this but they are not talking about the Tablo itself...
STEP 1 – Purchase a Tablo-compatible streaming device. STEP 2 – Connect the streaming device to the HDMI port of your television.

The Tablo 4th generation does not have an HDMI port, so your answer is correct.

Their website says it works with Google TV. Being it is white I will install it beside my white Cox modem/router on a white shelf that is high up on an off-white wall. :)

Product - Tablo TV tv
You should get a better router, that Cox owned one, like Comcast and Charter’s, has awful range.

You should get a better router, that Cox owned one, like Comcast and Charter’s, has awful range.
I am only 15' away with no walls between me and the router. My current plan is for two years with unlimited data and the router is included for $59 a month. If Cox starts charging me a fee for the router then I will get a better router.

I am only 15' away with no walls between me and the router. My current plan is for two years with unlimited data and the router is included for $59 a month. If Cox starts charging me a fee for the router then I will get a better router.
Did not write get of that modem/router, wrote get a better one, just router, not a combo unit, keep what you have so it does not impact your deal.

I had the combo one from Comcast, the signal would not reach most rooms.

Naughty,naughty,Charlie.Glad I'm locked into a 2yr promo that won't be effected by this.I'd hate to have to put in a call to retention earlier than next year.

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'