can't add OTA local to favorites

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
In reorganizing my favorites, I can't seem to add one channel in particular to one of the newly created lists. The channel (045-2) shows up in the "all sub" list but when I select it to add to another favorite list, save and then exit the menu, it doesn't show up in the list I was trying to add it to. I thought I might have reached the limit of the number of allowable channels in the favorites but I went back and deleted a few channels and then tried to add that one channel again but no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.

new to hdtv, is this the highest number of your OTA stations? (ie. 12-1, 22-1, 24-1, 45-2). If so, I had this problem with my 65-1. This was the highest channel number of my OTA and I could not get it to stay on my favorites list (I named that list locals). What fixed it was to add that channel and then add the first SAT channel to the list (100 or 101 I think). That put the SAT channel on the top of the list and while it also was added to the locals, at least my 65-1 stayed in there after that. Give it a try and see what happens.

oak

Oakenshld said:
......... is this the highest number of your OTA stations? (ie. 12-1, 22-1, 24-1, 45-2).
Yes 045-2 is the highest channel number, and the list contains only the OTA stations.

I'll try your suggestion later tonight.... Thanks!

Well dang. I didn't realize that was a known bug. I was wondering why I couldn't add HDNet PPV to my HD favorites list ....

Hmmm, I have an HDTVlist with the HDPPV as the highest channel. I see it. I've got P268LADD-N/101LADD.

I have not encountered the problem described w/ the highest number Favorite on a list and my 811 is a December 2003 install. Then again, I don't have an HD-only Favorites list. All my HD and all my local OTAs are on a list with my true favorite E* SD stations. Maybe that has an impact. Don't know.

DP 721 and one coax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)