Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

i wonder what DTV customer service will be like going forward since AT&T is selling there stake. wich could be a good thing or a disaster. but AT&T completely screwed up DTV. customer service has seemed to have gotten a little better vs the days of covid when customer service was the pitts!!! from a recent experience with tech support we have gotten csr's in america and not over seas wich is a plus!!! though a little while after covid DTV seemed to be cleaning up some of there over seas csr's when the share holders started worrying we had a good experience with some of them!!!
It'll be up to TPG and how they want to run the company.

General Motors will now be offering a three-year SiriusXM Extended Service Subscription as an option on all of its 2025 model-year vehicles.

It's about time ....

They still don't have my account straightened out, I get 2 separate bills for 2 radios ...
1 in my Ford, 1 in the Jeep.

They refuse or Can't give me 1 bill and be able to pay at the same time.

From a technical side, if and when the merger is completed, Dish will gain three transponders at 110W and 11 transponders at 119. The three licensed to DIRECTV at 110 are currently unused, and most DIRECTV customers don't have equipment to receive them. Most also can't receive the 11 tpns at 119 W, which are currently used for SD duplicates of local channels in 18 local markets. DIRECTV has shut down SD duplicates in most markets. The remaining life of the D5 satellite@110W may be an issue. The Satellite Dish uses at 110 is capalble of using all 32 Ku trasnponders at that location.

From a technical side, if and when the merger is completed, Dish will gain three transponders at 110W and 11 transponders at 119. The three licensed to DIRECTV at 110 are currently unused, and most DIRECTV customers don't have equipment to receive them. Most also can't receive the 11 tpns at 119 W, which are currently used for SD duplicates of local channels in 18 local markets. DIRECTV has shut down SD duplicates in most markets. The remaining life of the D5 satellite@110W may be an issue. The Satellite Dish uses at 110 is capalble of using all 32 Ku trasnponders at that location.
199W ????

I believe both services have announced thier rate hike in the last several months, so I doubt it goes up Again, anytime soon,
then again ...
like you said then again and they both want there ROI back. i don't blame em for that. i just can't see it working. some will leave once there deal is up some will leave if it goes to dish or dtv some will leave if a csr pisses em off. i am curious about the skinny bundles there talking about to as i don't see that helping!!! i say there both doomed!!!

like you said then again and they both want there ROI back. i don't blame em for that. i just can't see it working. some will leave once there deal is up some will leave if it goes to dish or dtv some will leave if a csr pisses em off. i am curious about the skinny bundles there talking about to as i don't see that helping!!! i say there both doomed!!!
Keep charging more for less, is a Great way to keep the business flowing ...
I've been with them consistently since 2004 and off and on before that and I'm debating on leaving, I know I'm not going to get my current retiree discount anywhere else I go though.

All the talk of bankruptcy, etc. was "sky is falling" talk. He pulled it off again and has a good chance of doing very well in the wireless business.
I wouldn't say it was "sky in falling". The sky was falling. It was why he gave away his prized Dish Network for a relative song. He was out of options. Bankruptcy which would have been slow and not helped with money needed to roll out or give Dish to someone else in exchange for help. As you do note, Ergen found the most positive way to navigate the waters possible. He gets short term help immediately which allows Echostar to move on with Boost.

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?

Channel 540-01 missing