2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

In describing Boise, you might as well be talking about Houston and Case Keenum.

I'd also say that the have a "good team" because of the schedule. Not regardless of it.
With who they play, a very average team could do well. They are proving that.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

As to who is left, you have five legitimate teams that could be in the bcs nc game. LSU and ok state obviously. Then Bama , Oregon , and Oklahoma. I'd even say in that order. After that I don't see the body of work that could put anyone else in. Oklahoman is on the cusp IMO with that tech loss. A win over ok state would alleviate that though.

As to who is left, you have five legitimate teams that could be in the bcs nc game. LSU and ok state obviously. Then Bama , Oregon , and Oklahoma. I'd even say in that order. After that I don't see the body of work that could put anyone else in. Oklahoman is on the cusp IMO with that tech loss. A win over ok state would alleviate that though.

Each one of those "five legitimate" teams could lose another game... this is why I'm suggesting so many things could happen and they most likely will in the next 3 weeks thru champ games for each conf.

Want to make a friendly bet that one of those five will win the bcs nc? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That WOULD be the safe bet, and I believe those two are the best. If bama gets the chance to go, I'd pick them (even if they play Lsu) . If not, I say Lsu gets the win.

Jimbo said:
How'd I KNOW thats what you would say ?

Like you said, it is the safe bet, and I a bama fan. Why would one assume I would pick otherwise?

I look for one of those two against Oklahoma (yes I assume they beat ok state, which vaults them ahead of Oregon.). That is IF we don't have a Bama/LSU rematch.

I just see Oregon stuck where they are. Their big games are done. Oklahoma has a shot to jump but I don't see them jumping a one loss bama. Which is why I say if Oklahoma wins and bama and Lsu win out it is an all sec nc game. If one of them loses this late (Lsu against Arkansas) it is the other and Oklahoma.

I just don't see another bama loss, they need Oklahoma to win, but if that happens they are most likely in. Call it a homer pick if you must. Lol.

I just see Oregon stuck where they are. Their big games are done. Oklahoma has a shot to jump but I don't see them jumping a one loss bama. Which is why I say if Oklahoma wins and bama and Lsu win out it is an all sec nc game. If one of them loses this late (Lsu against Arkansas) it is the other and Oklahoma.

I just don't see another bama loss, they need Oklahoma to win, but if that happens they are most likely in. Call it a homer pick if you must. Lol.

And if OK St beats OK ?
Fwiw, I see OK ST has a BYE the week before the OK game.

Jimbo said:
And if OK St beats OK ?

If Lsu wins out its ok state and Lsu. If they lose to Arkansas it's bama and ok state as bama will have the sec title game as another boost.

If Lsu wins out its ok state and Lsu. If they lose to Arkansas it's bama and ok state as bama will have the sec title game as another boost.

So if Bama still has to play the sec championship game, they could be OUT of it all together if LSU wins and vice versa, if Bama beats LSU, then LSU would drop out.

This is why I hate the Championship games, it typically knocks one of your BEST teams out.

Jimbo said:
So if Bama still has to play the sec championship game, they could be OUT of it all together if LSU wins and vice versa, if Bama beats LSU, then LSU would drop out.

This is why I hate the Championship games, it typically knocks one of your BEST teams out.

I think you are confused. Bama or Lsu (whoever is in it ) COULD lose the sec cg, sure. But most know that isn't likely. There is no way bama can keep Lsu out though. Lsu has to lose one of its remaining games , of which none can include Alabama until the bcs.

What I am saying is Alabama and Lsu will not potentially play each other again until the bcs. They can't possibly play each other in the sec game. That pits the east vs west and both of them are in the west.

I think you are confused. Bama or Lsu (whoever is in it ) COULD lose the sec cg, sure. But most know that isn't likely. There is no way bama can keep Lsu out though. Lsu has to lose one of its remaining games , of which none can include Alabama until the bcs.

What I am saying is Alabama and Lsu will not potentially play each other again until the bcs. They can't possibly play each other in the sec game. That pits the east vs west and both of them are in the west.

Gotcha, I didn't look to see that they were both in the same division.
Gotta make it tough for the team that ends up 2nd in thier division then.

Jimbo said:
Gotcha, I didn't look to see that they were both in the same division.
Gotta make it tough for the team that ends up 2nd in thier division then.

No problem. Glad to explain. Yeah it can make it tough. For that matter you could have three one loss teams in the same division this year and all three COULD be in the top five of the bcs rankings (bama, Lsu, Arkansas). But it seems to set it up this yeah for a rematch between the top two (bama and Lsu). Again assuming Oklahoma wins.

No problem. Glad to explain. Yeah it can make it tough. For that matter you could have three one loss teams in the same division this year and all three COULD be in the top five of the bcs rankings (bama, Lsu, Arkansas). But it seems to set it up this yeah for a rematch between the top two (bama and Lsu). Again assuming Oklahoma wins.

Heres hoping they DON'T have a MNC game from the same Conference ....

They wouldn't do it several years back, lets not decide to do it now.

Getting around the NFL blackout

Wings blackout on CI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts