2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

Here is hoping the best two teams get in. If they are in the same conference so be it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
They wouldn't do it several years back, lets not decide to do it now.

I think it was proven in the end THOSE two were not the best so good choice then.

I think it was proven in the end THOSE two were not the best so good choice then.

Umm, ACCORDING to the BCS the two TOP teams GO, not who they may or may not lose too..

If the two Big Ten teams were 1 and 2 and they were, they should have gone, but they didn't.

I understand that. And thankfully the voters and computers that year did too.

Edit: those two were NOT 1 and 2 when the bowl schedule was passed out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
The only rematch I could stomach is LSU-Oregon. Please please please no replay of that 9-6 game in a national championship game. That was just painful. I beg of you...

Sandra

Yeah I would much rather see them rematch a team they beat 40-27 instead of a team that they beat by 3 in overtime. ;)

I am with Sandra on this.

Don't want an LSU-Alabama rematch of one-dimensional teams where nobody could crack the end zone.

I know defense wins championships, but you have to put up SOME semblance of an offense (Bama in '09 had more weapons, LSU in '07 threw and ran the ball well).

Defense alone can't win a title, no matter how good it is.

Everyone seems to be thinking that these teams will have the same rhythm going into to a 5-6 week layoff. Not happening!!
Let's face it. Teams now are fighting for a RIGHT to play in the NCG. Is it a true NCG? Hardly.

Don't want an LSU-Alabama rematch of one-dimensional teams where nobody could crack the end zone.

I know defense wins championships, but you have to put up SOME semblance of an offense (Bama in '09 had more weapons, LSU in '07 threw and ran the ball well).

See I feel that it is not that these two teams dont have good offenses, it is just that the defenses are just THAT good. I think the stats back me up on that.
Take Bama and points scored in other games for example. Before the LSU game (and the MSU game last week, where they scored 24), the lowest total points scored was 27 against Penn State.
In other games they have scored 48, 41, 38 (twice), 34, 52, and 37. Yes Defense sets them up alot, but the offense averages 434 yards per game, so it isnt like they cant move the ball.
For LSU taking the Bama game out, the lowest total for them was also against MSU at 19. Other game scores were 40, 49, 47, 35, 41, 38, 45, and 42.

So it is not that these teams cant score. They usually score alot actually. It is just that they couldnt score against each other. That speaks to the strength of the defense, not any lack of strength on offense.

And yes, I know total score is not everything, and I know that defense scored some of those points.

msmith198025 said:
See I feel that it is not that these two teams dont have good offenses, it is just that the defenses are just THAT good. I think the stats back me up on that.
Take Bama and points scored in other games for example. Before the LSU game (and the MSU game last week, where they scored 24), the lowest total points scored was 27 against Penn State.
In other games they have scored 48, 41, 38 (twice), 34, 52, and 37. Yes Defense sets them up alot, but the offense averages 434 yards per game, so it isnt like they cant move the ball.
For LSU taking the Bama game out, the lowest total for them was also against MSU at 19. Other game scores were 40, 49, 47, 35, 41, 38, 45, and 42.

So it is not that these teams cant score. They usually score alot actually. It is just that they couldnt score against each other. That speaks to the strength of the defense, not any lack of strength on offense.

And yes, I know total score is not everything, and I know that defense scored some of those points.

Good post. I love how LSU and Bama are suddenly "one dimensional" teams because their defenses (and very good ones if you follow college football in depth) shut each other down for one game, even though both teams have won all of their other games by huge margins. I guess it's because OSU, Oregon, Boise, etc., have faced such superior defenses week in and week out. Lol! :D

Last edited:

Sure it can ...

I don't know where the line of bad offense/good defense stands on this one. I really don't. I think despite having arguably the top two teams in the country, and definitely two of the top five, the rest of the SEC is not up to prior standards. Not this year.

So I'm not sure if we can declare Alabama and LSU great offenses based on what they did against the rest of the SEC.

Sandra

Getting around the NFL blackout

Wings blackout on CI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts