2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

Only 1/2 joking - we actually have a kicker who can make 50yd field goals with regularity :)
Hope he can do it when he's playing for a possible NC. :D I was a little bit serious about the bowl eligibility of UConn too. I haven't followed them much. I think I mentioned to you once that my daughter is in the University of Cincinnati band. She wants to take another trip to a BCS bowl. All big game's for the Bearcats from here on out.

We're 4-5, with 2 winnable home games coming (Ville and Rutgers). Close @ Cincy, which is not going to be pretty, most likely. We've never won at Nippert.

We're 4-5, with 2 winnable home games coming (Ville and Rutgers). Close @ Cincy, which is not going to be pretty, most likely. We've never won at Nippert.
Came close the last time if I remember correctly.

Now back to SEC talk. To those of you in the know, if Arkansas beats LSU, who do you think goes to the SECCG? Arky will have beaten LSU who will have beaten Bama who will have beaten Arky. If it goes by ranking, how do you think they will all be ranked if this happens?

Came close the last time if I remember correctly.

Now back to SEC talk. To those of you in the know, if Arkansas beats LSU, who do you think goes to the SECCG? Arky will have beaten LSU who will have beaten Bama who will have beaten Arky. If it goes by ranking, how do you think they will all be ranked if this happens?
]

At that point, assuming that is the only loss either have, it goes to the highest BCS ranking, which I would assume would be Bama.

Better rethink that Louisville game. Ask WVU about that.

At that point, assuming that is the only loss either have, it goes to the highest BCS ranking, which I would assume would be Bama.
As much as that would stick in my craw after defeating y'all, I would agree. If LSU gets beat by Arkansas at home, they should fall beneath them both as far as I'm concerned.

Id really like LSU to play OSU. Touted Defense vs touted offense. LSU Already proved once this year they can take care of great offenses.

Id much rather the SEC beat another conference then beat itself in the title game. Id also much rather them beat a team that unquestionably won the spot in the game, vs having to choose between 4 1 loss teams and then that "well if so and so went in instead"

Id really like LSU to play OSU. Touted Defense vs touted offense. LSU Already proved once this year they can take care of great offenses.

Id much rather the SEC beat another conference then beat itself in the title game. Id also much rather them beat a team that unquestionably won the spot in the game, vs having to choose between 4 1 loss teams and then that "well if so and so went in instead"

I would say at this point there are so many 1 loss teams that could very well sneak into this. I'll be really interested to see where the BCS puts everyone at tonight. As of now looks like LSU is in it but still a lot of ball to be played...hell the only team to be undefeated at the end of the year could be Houston...but yeah yeah yeah I know "Ohh Houston is horrible couldn't stand up to any SEC team..blah blah" this is why we need a play off vs going off of schedule strength and just pure voter bias.

I would say at this point there are so many 1 loss teams that could very well sneak into this. I'll be really interested to see where the BCS puts everyone at tonight. As of now looks like LSU is in it but still a lot of ball to be played...hell the only team to be undefeated at the end of the year could be Houston...but yeah yeah yeah I know "Ohh Houston is horrible couldn't stand up to any SEC team..blah blah" this is why we need a play off vs going off of schedule strength and just pure voter bias.

Ya remember all the talk about Hawaii being great many moons ago? what happened? They got destroyed. Or Cincy from the big east? Destroyed.

Sure you can find the rare time when one of these teams wins (ala Utah) but they are few and far between. if a team wants to really prove itself and it is in a weak conference it needs to schedule good ooc games to show its worth.

Ya remember all the talk about Hawaii being great many moons ago? what happened? They got destroyed. Or Cincy from the big east? Destroyed.

Sure you can find the rare time when one of these teams wins (ala Utah) but they are few and far between. if a team wants to really prove itself and it is in a weak conference it needs to schedule good ooc games to show its worth.

Exactly.
It baffles me how he touts Houston and their PATHETIC schedule (as I showed in another thread) as a deserving team to be in the discussion, yet dismisses Boise for the same reason. (yeah they lost this weekend, but he was bashing them before they lost too so...)

Fact is, there are only a handful of teams that deserve to be in the discussion for the NC. The two undeafeateds, and a couple (MAYBE three of the one loss teams).

After that, the others have no real chance, no matter how many hypothetical situations one wants to run through.

Exactly.
It baffles me how he touts Houston and their PATHETIC schedule (as I showed in another thread) as a deserving team to be in the discussion, yet dismisses Boise for the same reason. (yeah they lost this weekend, but he was bashing them before they lost too so...)

Fact is, there are only a handful of teams that deserve to be in the discussion for the NC. The two undeafeateds, and a couple (MAYBE three of the one loss teams).

After that, the others have no real chance, no matter how many hypothetical situations one wants to run through.

I was thinking the same thing. Boise na they dont deserve it. No way no how.. Even though they beat a ranked GA team (a GA team who will likely be ranked 13/14th tonight in the BCS) but hey lets give houston a shot they have literally played no one. Not a single team in the top 25. and only a few with winning records!

Boise st at least plays a big ooc game each year to try to prove its worth. And the last couple years it has won them.

Exactly.

Well don't baffle yourself... see what you have here is a undefeated Houston a full good team regardless of schedule they are getting the job done. You have Boise St whom wouldn't be NOTHING without Kellen Moore and that fact will be shown once he graduates cause you can bet all those stupid voters that put them up towards the top will smarten up and go "OHh no Kellen Moore" and maybe not even put them in the top 25 pre-season next year.

Fact to you maybe..but lets wait to see who's in the top 10 tonight of 1 loss teams and where they stand... you can see a perfect storm for a lot of those SEC teams alone to knock them out... Are you a Football God to say you know the pure facts? I think not...I don't but I can certainly say there is a lot of ball left to play and a lot of options left on the table at the end of the year.... I sure hope there is enough to spark playoff discussions again.

Well don't baffle yourself... see what you have here is a undefeated Houston a full good team regardless of schedule they are getting the job done. You have Boise St whom wouldn't be NOTHING without Kellen Moore and that fact will be shown once he graduates cause you can bet all those stupid voters that put them up towards the top will smarten up and go "OHh no Kellen Moore" and maybe not even put them in the top 25 pre-season next year.

Fact to you maybe..but lets wait to see who's in the top 10 tonight of 1 loss teams and where they stand... you can see a perfect storm for a lot of those SEC teams alone to knock them out... Are you a Football God to say you know the pure facts? I think not...I don't but I can certainly say there is a lot of ball left to play and a lot of options left on the table at the end of the year.... I sure hope there is enough to spark playoff discussions again.

Im not sure what I just read... Boise sucks because they have a great QB? But Houston is good because everyone else is good?

Im not sure what I just read... Boise sucks because they have a great QB? But Houston is good because everyone else is good?

If you are unsure of what you just read why try to spin something you don't understand?

I really suggest you re-read it cause what I'm saying is BoiseSt seems to have one firing weapon and that's Kellen Moore..he's on the Heisman voting watch and just seems to be a fav for voters so they throttle Boise St up - look at them before he came into the picture - you guessed it WAY below the radar!

Now you have Houston whom seems to have a very solid team all the way around yet goes undefeated and seems to be over looked more than I think they should be.

Getting around the NFL blackout

Wings blackout on CI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts