X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Konami has finally announced a Definitive Edition of MGS V. It will include Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, along with all the DLC for both. MSRP is $50 on 10/11/16. There's a note though that the Steam pricing hasn't been determined yet... which is odd.

https://www.konami.com/mg/mgsv/

Hope none of you were getting your hopes up about getting that Mass Effect Remaster (skip to 1:15:56 it doesn't skip directly)

Not a bad interview overall, but I couldn't help but laugh when he talks about when they got voted Worst Company in America and the company decided to go by the creed of "Player's First." Yeah, it's really "Player's First" when you release unfinished games, the worst examples of F2P games, and then make people pay for Season Passes that cost almost as much as their regular games do. Don't get me wrong, EA has made quite a few strides in becoming a better company, but EA declaring "Player's First" is like Fox News declaring "Fair and Balanced."

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20243911

Overwatch is having a free weekend on PS4 and Xbox One from September 9-12. For some reason they decided not to include PC users in this through their own Battle.net platform.

If you haven't tried Overwatch yet I highly recommend you give this a shot even if multiplayer FPS games aren't normally your thing. This isn't your typical FPS where the person with the fastest quick twitch headshots is always going to win. There are enough hero choices with varying play styles that I think anyone who plays video games will be able to contribute to their team. Team objectives are emphasized over kill/death ratio. There isn't even a typical shooter scoreboard that shows everyone's kills and deaths. There is a lot of skill involved in mastering these heroes and figuring out which heroes can work together effectively to make a strong team but it's also a very accessible game.

If you can't tell, I really like this Overwatch. I haven't seriously started to think about it yet but it's probably my GOTY so far. I highly recommend that people take advantage of this free weekend and try it for themselves. I might even try the Xbox One or PS4 version just to see how it compares to PC now that I have a ton of hours in on that platform.

If you do have some interest in Overwatch I also recommend checking out the Satellite Guys Overwatch Thread. The reason I didn't post this there is because I want people who haven't been paying attention to Overwatch to see it.

If I had to guess, the reason only consoles are getting this is because the sales/playing of Overwatch are so great on PC that there's not a reason to include them. You don't do free weekends when your game is doing well. You do it either because you need an uptick in sales/attention, or you're releasing a huge update and want to bring back players as well as new ones, like what Halo 5 did for the Warzone Firefight (which was amazingly underwhelming.) I know Season 2 is starting with a new map and there's a bunch of tweaks but I wouldn't call it a MAJOR upgrade for players that stopped playing. I mean the game isn't significantly different than it was when it was released less than 4 months ago, at least to the casual player. If they're smart they'll also give the game a discount. $40 would be a more appealing price point, especially because a lot of the "perks" of the Origins Edition don't appeal to console players, who don't even have access to most of the games they benefit.

Duke Nukem 3D is getting a 20th Anniversary edition with updated graphics, new levels, and new music/voice lines.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/2/12741168/duke-nukem-3d-20th-anniversary-edition-world-tour

Hard to believe Duke is still living on after all these years. I mean I played the sh*t out of DN3D back in Middle School, but that game really I think will go down as "lightening in a bottle," not exactly a timeless classic. Still good, but hard to sell to audiences nowadays.

Suda51 wants to remaster Killer 7.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/09/02/pax-suda51-wants-to-remaster-killer7/224142/

Capcom owns the IP (Killer 7 was also the name of a powerful gun in RE 4) so they'd have to give the go ahead. Given how remaster happy they are nowadays, there may be a chance, but I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't happen. Killer 7 is REALLY out there as a game. I mean I really liked it for its absurdity, but it really appeals to a niche group of gamers and has a cult following. I'd love to play the game again but at this point it looks like I'd be better off just emulating the original..

It seems like they made some pretty big changes since the last side by side videos were posted. While the old videos were pretty underwhelming this video shows a much bigger improvement. I still don't think it's a big enough change for me to buy these games again since the PC ports were already very good. If I only had a PS3 or 360 copy of those games I probably would though.

If nothing else, watching that video made me remember that I really want to replay Rocksteady's trilogy of Arkham games. I just need to finish off the Mr Freeze DLC in Arkham Knight before I go back to the beginning.

That post is from yesterday, so technically the update goes live today.

Looks fun. May have to dust off my copies of the game and try it out.

Bloodstained, the Spiritual Successor to Castlevania, which was a crowdfunded project (that also had outside investors) has had its release date pushed back from March 2017 to "First Half 2018." An unfortunate delay, but apparently the Project Lead wasn't satisfied with how things were turning out and is hiring another team of developers to help out. Better to get it right the first time I guess is his approach.

Friendly reminder that the Overwatch Free Weekend is now live. If anyone wants to play and needs some partners let king3pj or I know. We have over 40 hours each in the game.

Friendly reminder that the Overwatch Free Weekend is now live. If anyone wants to play and needs some partners let king3pj or I know. We have over 40 hours each in the game.

Yep, I'll likely be trying out the Xbox One and/or PS4 versions just to see how it plays on console now that I have a good feel for the game on PC. I checked out the Xbox One version during the open beta but that was back when I still had no idea what I was doing in the game.

Like we talked about while playing last night, it's too bad you can't log in to your Battle.net account on the consoles and bring all your unlocked items with you and bring anything you unlock on console back with you to PC. There probably aren't enough people playing Overwatch on multiple platforms to make that worth Blizzard's effort.

I also forgot to mention the fact that you get an XP bonus if you play in a party. You get 20% more XP than usual, regardless of whether you win or lose, so it definitely behooves you to play in a group, even if it isn't with us.

Ubisoft has officially announced the Ezio Assassins Creed collection. 3 games for $60 with improved graphics for PS4/One, coming 11/15.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)