X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

I would definitely be interested in this if they made some real updates. If it's a port that just brings it up to 1080p 60 FPS I'll just stick with my PC copy of the trilogy.
If they included all the DLC I'd have to give it a look. ME Trilogy at 1080/60 with all DLC for $60 would be one of the best values in the history of gaming.

Reactions: Zookster
If they included all the DLC I'd have to give it a look. ME Trilogy at 1080/60 with all DLC for $60 would be one of the best values in the history of gaming.

I don't disagree but you can already do 1080/60 on the PC version and the trilogy is currently on sale for $15 on Origin. I think it is missing some of the DLC though. I would have no trouble recommending a 1080/60 version to people who only have a console, especially if they have never played the games before. For me personally I would need a little more than that since since I already have it on PC. If they made the kind of improvements Infinity Ward is making to COD 4 I would be sold.

It's missing a LOT of the DLC, and it never goes on sale. To get all the missing stuff from 2 and 3 I think that's at least another $60.

If they put that on EA/Origin Access they'd get a TON of new signups I bet..

http://www.vice.com/read/sigil-arg

This isn't really news but it is an interesting article about this symbol that keeps showing up in various unrelated games. When pieced together it is forming another symbol. In the end it will probably turn out to be some dumb thing that wasn't worth the effort people put into finding this stuff but for now it's pretty interesting.

Rocket League has reached 20 million users

Figures I stopped playing and the rest of the world joined in... Hope it wasn't because I left.....................................................................................

....but what if it was...?

I'm still going strong and I actually count as 3 of those 20 million people. I played on PS4 when it was offered free via PS Plus, I played on Xbox when they had their free weekend, and I still play regularly on PC.

The review embargo is up for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and the reviews are coming in.

So far it looks quite promising. I haven't been really following this game, except for the times Square Enix screwed up, such as with their AWFUL Augment your Preorder crap along with the "Augs Lives Matter" faux paus. My copy should be arriving next week from Gamefly.

This reminds me that I need to finally finish the last Deus Ex game. Maybe I'll get into that this weekend.

It looks like the base Destiny game might be free going forward. Apparently it was offered for free on both PS4 and Xbox One. People thought it was a pricing error like the Fallout 4 situation but now the Taken King Legendary Edition has been removed from both PSN and Xbox Live. This was the version that came with the base game, the first 2 expansions, and The Taken King expansion.

A new Taken King $20 bundle has replaced the Taken King Legendary Edition. This includes the first 2 expansions and Taken King. The Reddit community has come to the conclusion that the reason they removed the base game and lowered the price is because the base game is now actually free and it's not just a pricing error.

There is also a major expansion coming next month called Rise of Iron that is supposed to be as big of an update as Taken King was. This is available digitally for $40 for people who already own the other content or new comers can buy a new bundle called Destiny The Collection that includes all content.

The new Deus Ex has microtransactions, because of COURSE it does..

RtDRZWh.png

The new Deus Ex has microtransactions, because of COURSE it does..

RtDRZWh.png

Eh... It looks like it's all just stuff that helps you have access to different upgrades faster. If true this is similar to the Xbox One exclusives at launch (Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse) that allowed you to pay real money to upgrade whatever you want whenever you want instead of naturally leveling up and unlocking things throughout the course of the game.

I'm not going to buy any of this stuff but I don't care that it exists as long as the game isn't balanced around forcing people to buy stuff to make progress in the game. That wasn't the case in any of the Xbox One exclusives I mentioned earlier in this post. The reviewers of Deus Ex didn't have access to this stuff and I didn't hear any complaints from them about progression being broken without it.

Look, I don't have a problem with people who make games making more money doing it. As long as I don't feel like I'm being ripped off in the process I want them to have as much incentive as possible to keep making games so I can play them.

This part of my post isn't really related to this particular game or post. It's just what I see in the games space on the internet in general. I think gamers as a whole have gotten ridiculously cynical over the last 5 years or so. There are popular Youtube personalities who built their entire shtick around telling us how terrible everything is in the most sarcastic way possible. Maybe it's just because I pay more attention to games but I've never seen this level of vitriol (twitter, metacritic, youtube comments, death/rape threats, etc) surrounding other forms of media the way it does with games.

I guess I just hate to see something that was always a positive experience for me be taken over by a vocal minority of negative people. That isn't to say that I think everyone in the games industry should be given a free pass no matter what they do. I just prefer to focus on (and buy) the things I like and ignore the things I don't. Between Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming pre-order deals, Steam sales, Amazon Prime 20% off, and digital deals on PSN and Xbox Live games are cheaper right now than they ever have been. Throw inflation on top of that and it's even more true. When I was a kid I never would have imagined that I would have access to the amount of games I do now.

In today's shocking news, Battlefield 1 has a $50 season pass, because of course it does.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...load/addon/battlefield-1-premium-pass#details

And I'll just leave this here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2011081.../dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/

Yeah, this is pretty expected. They have been offering a $50 season pass since at least Battlefield 3. Call of Duty has been doing the same thing for just as long.

I just ignore the season pass in both games and it hasn't hurt my enjoyment of them at all. There are enough maps in the base game to keep me happy. I did eventually buy the season pass for BF3 and 4 but not until they were on sale for like $10 on Origin.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts