X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Well the issue with the PC version was that for some reason it kept trying to use people's integrated graphics cards as opposed to their GPUs. That appears to have been fixed, but honestly at this point this is getting embarrassing for TT. A game like this shouldn't have worse performance than a game like Titanfall or Halo 5. I think TT has given up trying to optimize their games and are instead relying on their content to help people forget about their technical shortcomings.

Well the issue with the PC version was that for some reason it kept trying to use people's integrated graphics cards as opposed to their GPUs. That appears to have been fixed, but honestly at this point this is getting embarrassing for TT. A game like this shouldn't have worse performance than a game like Titanfall or Halo 5. I think TT has given up trying to optimize their games and are instead relying on their content to help people forget about their technical shortcomings.

It's that and them trying to work on 4 games at a time because they have brought so many licenses on board. The thing is, most of their games are very good. If I only had an Xbox One I'm not sure what I would do because this is the performance I got the last time I played a TellTale game on that platform.

It would put me in the bad situation of dealing with the worst performance I have ever seen in any game or not being able to play games I really like playing. Luckily the PC versions usually run fine just because the hardware is able to overpower their terrible engine.

I've still never played a Final Fantasy game and I doubt this will be the one that gets me to change that. I do want to try the series out at some point but it seems like there are probably better spots to jump in. Everyone seems to love FF VII so maybe I'll try the remake when it comes out. I also own FF XIII on Steam for some reason so that could be an option too.

I've still never played a Final Fantasy game and I doubt this will be the one that gets me to change that. I do want to try the series out at some point but it seems like there are probably better spots to jump in. Everyone seems to love FF VII so maybe I'll try the remake when it comes out. I also own FF XIII on Steam for some reason so that could be an option too.
VII is very dated (awesome at the time, but technology has quickly passed it by), and the remake looks to be an entirely different game (engine wise), so hard to say if it will be good or not.

To jump in now, I'd start with X, and then go to X-2 or XII.
Stay away from XIII.

Don't just focus on the "modern" ones. There's quite a bit of good in the previous games and they're easily accessible. There's literally no connection between the games. Hell, the reason it's even called "Final Fantasy" is because the developer thought it would be the only game and that Squaresoft was going to close its doors.

I'd recommend:
4 (AKA Final Fantasy 2 US)
6 (AKA Final Fantasy 3 US)
8 (Yeah it has haters but I really enjoyed it)
9 (It was basically a homage to the classic games and was a sprawling and fun adventure.)

VII is very dated (awesome at the time, but technology has quickly passed it by), and the remake looks to be an entirely different game (engine wise), so hard to say if it will be good or not.

To jump in now, I'd start with X, and then go to X-2 or XII.
Stay away from XIII.

Don't just focus on the "modern" ones. There's quite a bit of good in the previous games and they're easily accessible. There's literally no connection between the games. Hell, the reason it's even called "Final Fantasy" is because the developer thought it would be the only game and that Squaresoft was going to close its doors.

I'd recommend:
4 (AKA Final Fantasy 2 US)
6 (AKA Final Fantasy 3 US)
8 (Yeah it has haters but I really enjoyed it)
9 (It was basically a homage to the classic games and was a sprawling and fun adventure.)

And this is part of the reason I've never jumped in. There are just so many Final Fantasy games and I've never paid enough attention to the series to know the differences between them. There is a FF X/X-2 HD Remaster bundle on Steam. Maybe I'll get that eventually if I see it on sale.

As for the older games, I do like the few modern, turn based RPGs I have played. It looks like FF 3 is the oldest one on PC. Maybe 9 would be a good choice if it is a more modern take on the old turn based games.

As for the older games, I do like the few modern, turn based RPGs I have played. It looks like FF 3 is the oldest one on PC. Maybe 9 would be a good choice if it is a more modern take on the old turn based games.
9 is a pretty fun game. Almost strictly classical rpg bases, as opposed to other final fantasies which throw in modern stuff. Not quite as dated as 7.

8 is a good story, but the leveling and player configuration thing drove me crazy.

Looks like Green Man Gaming may be prepping to sell console games. Surprised no one has picked up on this.

upload_2016-8-16_13-10-57.png

........................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................

........................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................

It almost feels like they are doing this just to show that they don't need Kojima to do Metal Gear games. I mean they have pretty much stopped making games besides their PES soccer series. Now they want to do a Metal Gear game after their very public split with Kojima?

Also, It feels like someone had an idea for a zombie game and then they decided they better set it in the Metal Gear world so it sells better. The thing is, if they do it right I would buy it even as someone who hasn't played the other Metal Gear games. I like a good zombie game from time to time. I just don't have that much faith that Konami will put out a good game.

Konami would be stupid to not make more Metal Gear games, as it's their most famous franchise. However, the reason why everyone is so mad is because it's not like this is something that expands on the lore or story of Metal Gear. Instead, it's a co-op survival zombie game. I mean it's one of the laziest "genres" out there and it doesn't fit with the franchise. Also, let's not forget that they already have a survival horror franchise. If you're going to do this sort of game, putting it under the Silent Hill umbrella makes a hell of a lot more sense than Metal Gear. This would be like making a Silent Hill game where the focus was stealth infiltration.

Honestly if Konami were smart (which they're not) they would abandon game development entirely and instead just license out all their IPs to different developers like what Games Workshop does with Warhammer. Sure there'd be some hits and misses but that would be preferable to what they're doing with the licenses now, which is literally NOTHING, with the exception of a few Pachinko machines here and there.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts