X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Telltale's Batman starts this summer and season 3 of TWD is coming in the fall.

I'll be interested to see what they can do with Batman. I'm looking forward to season 3 of TWD too. I haven't played the Michonne game yet but I heard it wasn't as good anyways.

I'll try out Michonne once it goes down to 50% off, which will likely happen either this summer or when Season 3 starts (what better time to discount the rest of the series?)

I'll try out Michonne once it goes down to 50% off, which will likely happen either this summer or when Season 3 starts (what better time to discount the rest of the series?)

Me too. I'm guessing we might see it for that price during the Steam Summer sale in a couple weeks.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...eloper-announces-agents-of-mayhem-a-ign-first

Volition, the team behind Saint's Row, has just announced it's next game. It's called Agent's of Mayhem.

My first thought after watching the announcement trailer is that it looked like a class based co-op game because of the 3 separate characters they showed with different abilities. According to the end of the IGN First article it's exclusively single player though. I'm not sure if that means you choose one character and have the other 2 in your squad like Mass Effect or you can switch between them.

The art style looks cool and the tone seems to be quite a bit different than Saint's Row 3 and 4. I'm looking forward to seeing what the actual gameplay looks like. Volition has pretty much earned my trust after Saint's Row 3, 4, and Gat out Hell so it's exciting to see them do something new even if it looks pretty different from those games.

Well, it's certainly NOT Saints Row. Looks intriguing if nothing else. Hopefully some more will come out about it at e3.

Reviews are coming in for the new Mirror's Edge. Unfortunately the overwhelming verdict seems to be that while the game isn't BAD, it's not what most people hoped for either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4mtq9e/mirrors_edge_catalyst_review_thread/

I am still looking forward to this but I already wasn't planning on playing it until there was a pretty steep discount. I'm assuming it's pretty short considering that the first game was 6-8 hours and there probably won't be much reason to replay it. When I can find it for around $20 I'll give it a shot. If nothing else, the lukewarm reception will probably drive the price down more quickly than normal.

Ubisoft released a Watch Dog 2 teaser trailer today. Apparently a few publishers decided to announce their games a week before E3 to get more focus from the media.

If this trailer was supposed to create hype I think it missed the mark pretty badly. The entire 30 second trailer is just a hand on a cell phone moving it's thumb around the screen. Despite what the thumbnail picture shows neither the Watch Dogs name or logo appear anywhere in the video.

As someone who thought the first game was okay I have a little interest in Watch Dogs 2 but no real excitement at all. I do think Watch Dogs 1 had a decent foundation that could make for a solid sequel if they make some significant improvements.

Ubisoft released a Watch Dog 2 teaser trailer today. Apparently a few publishers decided to announce their games a week before E3 to get more focus from the media.

If this trailer was supposed to create hype I think it missed the mark pretty badly. The entire 30 second trailer is just a hand on a cell phone moving it's thumb around the screen. Despite what the thumbnail picture shows neither the Watch Dogs name or logo appear anywhere in the video.

As someone who thought the first game was okay I have a little interest in Watch Dogs 2 but no real excitement at all. I do think Watch Dogs 1 had a decent foundation that could make for a solid sequel if they make some significant improvements.

Something to remember for E3

ktvtXSd.jpg

Reactions: king3pj
Injustice 2 has been announced.

This looks really cool, although I'm not sure what's up with all the neon lights on Flash and Batman. Even as someone who isn't into fighting games I had a good time with the first Injustice game because they were characters I know and the story was interesting. I think a sequel is definitely a good idea.

I did notice that they didn't show any platform logos during the trailer. It's obviously coming to PS4 and Xbox One but I wonder if they will even bother with a PC version. I played the first game on PC and it ran great but after all the sh*t the rightfully received about the way Arkahm Knight and Mortal Kombat X was handled on PC I can see them cutting their losses and abandoning that platform.

Another part of this that sucks is that gamers are lumped together as a group. Things like this are part of the reason there is still a stigma about playing video games as an adult. There are tons of people who say racist things about movies but the public sees them as a racist person. They don't say movie-goers are racists.

I also don't understand the hatred and death threats that go out to developers all the time. Whether it's these gamer's gate idiots who call everyone a SJW or people upset with Arkham Knight runny terribly on PC there is never a good reason for trying to ruin developers lives. I don't know who these idiots expect to keep making games for them if they continue to try drive everyone out of the industry.

I would think a regular programing job might be pretty appealing after stuff like this. You wouldn't get the pure hatred from strangers on the internet and you wouldn't have to worry about losing your job every time you finish a game.

Conversely, Battleborn has finally followed up on its promise to include microtransactions.

http://kotaku.com/battleborn-adds-microtransactions-this-week-because-th-1782002612

Given how low the player base has been lately, I don't think this is going to help things for the fledgling game..

Yeah, Unfortunately for Gearbox, Battleborn was dead before it launched. No one wanted it with Overwatch right around the corner. Whether or not the two games should be compared they definitely were. Just about every time I heard Battleborn mentioned on a gaming podcast it was immediately followed up with someone saying it doesn't stack up to Overwatch.

Well BB did suffer from the fact that from a distance it looked a lot like Overwatch, and since people are ignorant they just assumed that BB was ripping it off, forgetting that for the most part Blizzard's gameplan with games has been to simply take another popular genre and cut out all the fat and homogenize it for the masses. Don't get me wrong, it's a successful formula, but I can't remember the last time Blizzard released a truly trailblazing game.

BB also did itself no favors when it "called out" OW for having their open beta at the same time as their game's release, thereby making a sort of BB vs OW feud. They seemed to forget that Blizzard is probably 1 of the top 5 most loved companies out there, so of course people would side with them before they sided with the horrible liars at GearBox.

Still, it's never good to see a game do bad through no fault of its own. I want a game to not do well if it's genuinely a bad game. Nothing of what I've read seems to lead to that conclusion for BB.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)