X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

That was definitely an interesting read. I have no doubt that they will continue to support this game and provide new content for years just like all their other games.
I have faith as well, but considering the amount of content the game has now at $60 as well as microtransactions, they damn well BETTER have some long term support plans for it..

You know.. no matter how much EA tries, at the end of the day, EA is still EA. Case in point, the French Army is being sold as separate DLC... You know.. you'd expect one of the lesser known players to be there.. like the African countries or some of the Asian ones like India. Putting FRANCE as separate DLC is just... EA being EA at this point..

http://www.pcgamer.com/french-forces-will-be-premium-dlc-for-battlefield-1/

Another day, another "Look how successful Overwatch is" story: Overwatch has apparently overtaken League of Legends in PC Bang Sales (basically games played at internet cafes.) This is the first time this has happened in 4 years.

Wow. League has had the most active online player base of any game on PC for years. It's probably still bigger than Overwatch in general but (because it's free) but the fact that they can even challenge League is pretty huge.

Looks like EA was pitched Rocket League years ago, but EA ended up passing on it.

While there's plenty of people at EA now probably kicking themselves, I think I speak for gamers everywhere when I say "THANK GOD!"

http://www.pcgamesn.com/rocket-league/ea-are-looking-for-the-next-rocket-league

Speaking of Rocket League, here's a look at the new map that is being added on the 20th. Just like with every previous map, this update is free to all players. They will be selling 4 new cars as paid DLC to go along with this update.

Here's some information on the upcoming Competitive Play mode for Overwatch. There's other information as well that's worth listening to.

The review embargo is over for Mighty No 9, and sadly it looks as though fans of Mega Man and backers of the game are going to be crying like an anime fan on prom night...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4oydm5/mighty_no9_review_thread/

To be fair, the overwhelming opinion seems to not be that the game is bad, but rather just very disappointing given the pedigree and production time. Clearly this was not a well handled production.

The good news for Mighty No 9 continues... Apparently a bunch of keys sent to backers aren't working..

Also, the Xbox 360 and Mac/Linux versions have been delayed...

Finally, the company did a livestream to celebrate the launch, and of course that didn't go well either.

But, as Inafune said, when confronted with all the negative press, "It's better than nothing." (NOTE: THis was read by a translator so this may NOT be 100% accurate.)

Update 1:
Oh the fun doesn't end. Turns out backers aren't getting correct codes for DLC either..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314710/discussions/0/351659808495528141/

Well, at least Tim Shafer now knows his game doesn't hold the title of "Worst Kickstarter Backed Game Launch Ever"

Update 2: Christ... now we're getting reports of the game BRICKING Wii U consoles! When it's not crashing it's getting input lag an loading times up to 45 seconds.
Source
Source 2

Clearly, this game wasn't finished and Deep Silver just told the team to give what they had and then fix it later.

Last edited:
Overwatch is removing the "Avoid This Player" option because apparently in practice it just meant that really skilled players were made unable to get into good games, as opposed to toxic ones getting ignored.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...oving-Avoid-this-Player-Option-from-Overwatch

Didn't even know that feature existed. It would be nice to have for avoiding the toxic players in lots of games. Even Rocket League gets bad when you play ranked.

I am missing Overwatch pretty badly already and I've only been without a GPU for less than a week now.

Didn't even know that feature existed. It would be nice to have for avoiding the toxic players in lots of games. Even Rocket League gets bad when you play ranked.

I am missing Overwatch pretty badly already and I've only been without a GPU for less than a week now.
Yeah I've been missing a bit too. It's hard to jump into matches by myself so I've been playing other stuff in the meantime, and Taiwanese's crazy hours never has him online.

giphy.gif

So apparently the ending credits for Mighty No 9 are nearly 4 hours long. Seriously. Apparently they list ALL the backers of the game, and with 70,000 backers, that takes a while. I didn't realize they got so many backers of this. Glad I wasn't one of them.

I remember I funded the Angry Video Game Movie and was psyched to see my name in the credits. I'm not sure how many people here are psyched to see their name attached to this. Hopefully I won't feel the same level of regret with Bloodstained, Toejam & Earl, Yooka Laylee, and Return to Nukem High Part 2..

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)