X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

It looks like even Overwatch isn't immune to the dreaded MetaBomb...

http://www.thejimquisition.com/metabombed-overwatch-was-the-worst-mistake-of-my-life/

While I think some of them bring up valid complaints such as lacking of content (for a $40<= Release at time of release) along with microtransactions, a bunch of it is just absurd, as they usually are.

This is why I put zero stock in Metacrtic user scores. Even the professional score isn't all that useful to me when COGconnected, Gameblog.fr, and Gamer's Temple are 3 of the 7 featured professional reviews on the first page of Overwatch for PC.

Actually I've found myself paying less attention to game reviews in general. Hearing people give their impressions during the various podcasts I listen to has been good enough that I almost never find myself going to IGN, Gamespot, or the other big sites to read a review anymore. I'm finding less and less use for those websites. They are good for picking up some news now and then but you have to sift through 4 or 5 TV or movie fluff articles to find something actually gaming related now.

Actually I've found myself paying less attention to game reviews in general. Hearing people give their impressions during the various podcasts I listen to has been good enough that I almost never find myself going to IGN, Gamespot, or the other big sites to read a review anymore.
Same here. I seldom/if ever read reviews anymore. I just look at the various youtube reviews/playthroughs out there to make my decision.

I have a small group of outlets that I trust, but yeah I don't put a ton of stock in traditional review outlets.

So apparently there was some internal controversy about the decision to make Battlefield 1 about World War 1. Not so much because of how it would be compared to CoD, or even because trench warfare could be considered boring (although this was a minor issue but resolved with more research.) Rather, a main controversy was that a large part of the audience wasn't going to know that World War 1 happened....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-ea-was-concerned-kids-didnt-know-ww1/1100-6440385/

Metal Gear Solid 3 is considered by most fans of the series to be the best. The combat and stealth is very refined, the characters are fun and very memorable, and it's also the most accessible of the series since it's the first chronologically, so you don't need to be up to do any prior research to jump right in. Yes, playing it in order of release will provide you with a greater understanding of the overall picture, but it's not like issues you'd run into jumping in on 2, 4, or 5 first. And the final Boss fight with, Boss, is one of the most original and memorable fights in the history of the series, if not in gaming. Simply put, it marks the apex of the series, as it doesn't deal with the bait and switch of MGS 2 that forced you to use Raiden for most of the story, or the EXTREMELY bloated and convoluted story that 4 tried to finish, and none of the vague/rushed story in 5.

So why the hell am I literally pontificating about a game from November 2004? Is it getting a remastering? Well no, but technically it had one for the last gen. So is it getting a new re-release as part of a super awesome collection from Konami that allows players to play ALL the games in the series (even those on portable) in one nice convenient package? Oh no... I bring it up because once again, Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst, and this time they're turning this beloved game into, yes, wait for it, PACHINKO!!!

#f**konami...

I hope you're all sitting down, but it turns out that Overwatch is doing VERY well.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160602006554/en/

And just like all of Blizzard's other games people will still be playing this for years. I'm not sure how long it will stick around on the consoles but I have no doubt that Blizzard's PC audience will keep coming back to it.

Plus, Blizzard has a really good track record of continuing to support their games for years after release. Even if you ignore WoW, which has been around forever, StarCraft 2 came out in 2010 and Diablo 3 came out in 2012 and both games are still getting regular content updates.

And just like all of Blizzard's other games people will still be playing this for years. I'm not sure how long it will stick around on the consoles but I have no doubt that Blizzard's PC audience will keep coming back to it.

Plus, Blizzard has a really good track record of continuing to support their games for years after release. Even if you ignore WoW, which has been around forever, StarCraft 2 came out in 2010 and Diablo 3 came out in 2012 and both games are still getting regular content updates.

Hell, Diablo 2 is still getting updates.. I remember playing that in college..

http://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-has-been-updated-yet-again/

It's official: Overwatch: Play of the Game is a Meme, and it's glorious..

http://kotaku.com/the-internet-has-turned-overwatchs-play-of-the-game-int-1780136388

Some of those are pretty good. I liked the Clint Eastwood as McCree one near the end. I noticed yesterday that they had changed up the play of the game formula a little bit. It's not always just a 3 or 4 player kill streak from an ultimate anymore.

I got one for stunning a Reaper out of his ultimate and saving my teammates even though I only got one kill on it. I have seen other people get things like this too and it labels them as "shutdown" or "lifesaver" and things like that depending on what it is giving you the play of the game for.

We getting a RDR Sequel AND Remake? Nothings' confirmed, but there's good reason for speculation..

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/time-to-fuel-up-the-red-dead-redemption-2-hype-train-again/

I'd be happy with backwards compatibility support on the Xbox One. I suppose I would probably buy a remaster, especially if it got a PC port too though. A sequel would also be great but it's hard for me to get too excited about that when I'm still waiting to play the last one.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts