X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

And the movement in Black Ops 3 was basically taken from Advanced Warfare. There were some changes but it was pretty similar. Going back to the old movement after 2 games with jet packs might feel pretty limited. I think it will be in every COD game going forward unless they go back to a historic setting where it wouldn't make sense like WW2 or Vietnam.
And Activision is likely going to push that as a selling point for their Modern Warfare Remaster.

Well this is somewhat... depressing...

Apparently if you beat Homefront: Revolution you get this personal message from the game's director. Needless to say, I don't think the team that worked on this is going to feel all happy after the fallout from this game

Random news: According to a survey, over 70% of Japanese College students haven't played a Final Fantasy game..

http://kotaku.com/poll-most-japanese-college-students-havent-played-a-fi-1778141185

That really isn't surprising to me. Final Fantasy's prime was nearly 20 years ago. Some of those college students weren't even born yet when Final Fantasy VII came out. I don't think those games have really been relevant to a mass audience for quite some time now.

Hard to believe Final Fantasy 7 turns 20 next September. What a huge deal that was at the time. Now I feel old(er)

Someone did a video of a graphics comparison of the Arkham Remasters to the PC versions on highest settings.

Here is the other thing.... If everyone who pre-ordered the game, both digitally and at retail, is going to have their copy installed and ready to go on the 23rd why hold the servers hostage until the 24th? Just activate the servers on the 23rd and let people play the game.

That could be the next step..

As predicted, the Overwatch servers went live early. I just got done redeeming all the codes that came in my Origins Edition package and I'm about to try it out.

Blizzard was actually cool and included a code for a second Heroes of the Storm character instead of just the one they had been advertising. They also included an unadvertised free card pack for Hearthstone and a guest pass for WoW.

I just got an email from Amazon saying the price of Overwatch had dropped between the time I made my pre-order and release. They are going to refund me $12. Combine that with the 20% I already got off my pre-order for being an Amazon Prime member and I only paid $36 for my pre-order of the $60 Origins Edition.

I know pre-ordering isn't usually a good idea but I'm pretty happy with this one. The game itself is great but my first instinct was to go with the $40 standard edition on PC since I don't care about a bunch of cosmetic skins. The reason I went with the Origins Edition is because Amazon's 20% off made it only $8 more than the standard edition and I play Heroes of the Storm. Those new characters in Heroes of the Storm are $10 each so I felt I was getting my money's worth by getting Tracer on day one. That was before I even knew they were going to give me a second character and lower the price to be cheaper than the standard edition.

Speaking of Overwatch..

Interesting that the video starts with Conan holding up a PS4 copy of the game but they were playing with wired Xbox One controllers. I wonder if they were actually playing the PC version.

It was also funny that Lena couldn't seem to get the concept of moving or aiming down. She was just standing there shooting arrows straight forward while Peter Dinklage was killing her from the side.

Yeah I noticed the PS4 version as well. As far as the wired controllers, couldn't they have been hooked up to the One but plugged in to help maintain a charge? Just an idea.

I didn't realize that OW didn't have split screen until today. I'm getting a little tired of games abandoning that. I realize there's a monetary value in doing so (sell more copies) but still doesn't stop it from being a d*ck move, and I love it when publishers get sh*t on by fans for doing this. The fact that Halo 5 didn't have split screen was embarrassing and hopefully 343 learned their lesson.

Yeah I noticed the PS4 version as well. As far as the wired controllers, couldn't they have been hooked up to the One but plugged in to help maintain a charge? Just an idea.

I didn't realize that OW didn't have split screen until today. I'm getting a little tired of games abandoning that. I realize there's a monetary value in doing so (sell more copies) but still doesn't stop it from being a d*ck move, and I love it when publishers get sh*t on by fans for doing this. The fact that Halo 5 didn't have split screen was embarrassing and hopefully 343 learned their lesson.

It definitely could have been the Xbox One version. I end up having to plug my wireless controller into my Xbox while I play pretty often when the battery needs to be charged. I was just speculating that it might be the PC version because it seems like they would have held up an Xbox One game box if they were playing the Xbox version.

I suppose they could have just held up the PC box if that's what they were playing too though. The PC case is actually pretty cool. It's cardboard with velcro holding it shut and it folds out multiple times to show off lots of cool game art.

As for the split-screen, it probably should have been in there since this is a multiplayer only game. It doesn't bother me personally because I never play video games with friends in the same room anymore. That's always done over the internet and even if I wanted to it would be kind of awkward pulling up multiple chairs to my computer desk. It does suck for people who would have actually used it.

I had NO idea this was coming out until like 5 minutes ago, and given how it looks I think I'd rather see the new movie instead, and that's saying a lot..

So, a new Mighty No 9 trailer has come out.

Now for this, I want you to try something different. When you watch it the first time, mute the video. Either keep it muted or play some other music at the same time. I just happened to have this song playing while I did this experiment and I have to say it was rather interesting. Then play it again unmuted and listen to the voice over. Then you'll likely understand why as of posting, the video has a like/dislike ratio comparable to the new Ghostbusters trailers.

The sad part is that what they were displaying and describing (outside of the awful jokes) actually made me more excited for the game. It's in my GameQ and I'm looking forward to it, if for no other reason than just to see what the hell results of this long, drawn out development cycle. But really, whoever at Deep Silver thought this was a good idea should be fired immediately. This wasn't on the devs, and it's sad to see them punished as a result.

The sad part is that what they were displaying and describing (outside of the awful jokes) actually made me more excited for the game. It's in my GameQ and I'm looking forward to it, if for no other reason than just to see what the hell results of this long, drawn out development cycle. But really, whoever at Deep Silver thought this was a good idea should be fired immediately. This wasn't on the devs, and it's sad to see them punished as a result.

To be fair, I wasn't interested in this game before seeing this trailer. I never had any nostalgia towards the Mega Man series. The original game came out when I was 4 and I don't know if I've even played any of the games. When I first heard about Mighty No 9 there was a little spark of interest just because everyone was talking about it. They took so long to get it out that all that hype is basically gone and this terrible trailer certainly didn't help.

WWE 2K17 has been formally announced.. and while I feel no ill will towards Mr. Bill Goldberg, I fail to see how using him as a pre-order bonus is expected to move ANY units. A bit of a drop-off from Ultimate Warrior, Sting, and even The Terminator.

Random note that no one cares about: Some people are saying that this is a big deal because it's the first WWE game since he left that Goldberg has been in. It's not. He was in WWE 2K14. I remember because you have to replay his ATROCIOUS match from Wrestlemania XX versus Brock Lesnar.

Last edited:

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts