X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Not sure why you'd have Respawn doing a 3rd person action game. Wouldn't it make more sense to have Visceral, the Dead Space people working on that and then have Respawn, the guys who "made" Modern Warfare work on a FPS? I mean I know DICE is doing the Battlefront thing but it's not like Respawn couldn't make a story based FPS. Looks like we'll be getting a space fighter, an RTS, and then some other family-aimed game.

The Bioware game is the one I'm most interested in, although I'd probably prefer they stick to their own IP. I've tried to play KOTOR but I had already played the entire Mass Effect series and Dragon Age Inquisition by that point and it was difficult to go back to a similar game that didn't have all the mechanical improvements of the newer titles.

At this point I'm pretty much on board with whatever Bioware does next but I hope a new KOTOR, or whatever this is doesn't limit what they do with the Mass Effect series. I can see EA completely abandoning their other space franchise so they can pump out more Star Wars games. Besides Mass Effect and a new Bioware Star Wars series might be too similar to do both anyways.

The Overwatch beta opens up for everyone today. If you didn't pre-order this is your chance to check it out on PC or your console of choice.

BTW if you care at all about which has the best graphics/performance, Polygon did a side-by-side comparison

The Doom 4 launch trailer.

Okay this sort of annoys me. I didn't realize that in the campaign they acknowledge that your character actually was "the marine" from the previous games. Of course exactly WHICH game they're referring to is up for debate. Doom 1 & 2 carried a story arc, but 3 was supposed to actually be a "reboot" of sorts with a retelling of the first game with different mechanics and such. So if they're acknowledging this is a sequel can you really call it a reboot? Last I checked, reboots typically were either a complete starting over or a retelling of an original story. Doom 4 appears to be neither. It seems to be a real sequel, yet it's being called just "Doom". I realize this is a stupid point but little things like that just irk me..

Sure is a nice looking remaster:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't realize this is essentially a completely new game. If they're not using the original assets then that means that was made from the ground up. Now I'm more excited about the possibility of co-op online campaign play. The SP campaign of that game was classic, and it would make sense to have 2 players in most scenarios. Still, I'm not going to throw a fit if they don't. I do like though that this is a real "remastering" and not just a simple uprezzing.

Wow, I didn't realize this is essentially a completely new game. If they're not using the original assets then that means that was made from the ground up. Now I'm more excited about the possibility of co-op online campaign play. The SP campaign of that game was classic, and it would make sense to have 2 players in most scenarios. Still, I'm not going to throw a fit if they don't. I do like though that this is a real "remastering" and not just a simple uprezzing.

I would be surprised to see co-op mode added to the campaign. Have any of the other COD games had a co-op campaign. I thought Black Ops 3 was the first one to feature it. I just did a Google search of Advanced Warfare co-op and all I can find is articles about the Exo Survival mode.

I wouldn't even be all that surprised if Infinite Warfare doesn't have a co-op mode for the campaign. It would be a bit odd to not have it a year after Black Ops 3 did but modes and features have always varied in the COD franchise depending on which studios' turn it was. It doesn't seem like Activision has ever pushed them to make sure things are consistent from game to game.

I would be surprised to see co-op mode added to the campaign. Have any of the other COD games had a co-op campaign. I thought Black Ops 3 was the first one to feature it. I just did a Google search of Advanced Warfare co-op and all I can find is articles about the Exo Survival mode.

I wouldn't even be all that surprised if Infinite Warfare doesn't have a co-op mode for the campaign. It would be a bit odd to not have it a year after Black Ops 3 did but modes and features have always varied in the COD franchise depending on which studios' turn it was. It doesn't seem like Activision has ever pushed them to make sure things are consistent from game to game.
A quick search seems to reveal that World at War (technically CoD 5) had a sort of Co-Op mode, but it's hard to tell whether or not it was online.

Regardless, it's a moot point for IW. Activision confirmed that IW will NOT have online co-op. That sucks. I really enjoyed the Co-Op campaign in BO 3. Guess I'll be playing the campaign solo again...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-wont-have-campaign-c/1100-6439474/

Yeah, it might have been the first COD campaign I finished since Modern Warfare and a big part of the reason for that was the co-op.

In more bad news for high profile releases, Bethesda isn't going to send out review copies of Doom 4 before release date because multiplayer won't be available until then. That doesn't bode very well IMO. I was hoping to hear about the game beforehand and potentially go for a Day 1 purchase, but now it looks like this is going to be a standard 1 and Gamefly Done for me.

Still pissed at all this emphasis on MP in Doom games. I mean yes, Doom was one of the multiplayer pioneers, but it was FAR from the selling point for it. I mean Doom at one point was on more computers than Windows 95 was, and I guarantee less than 20% of those users were playing MP on it. I mean back then, you had to either do one on one modem calls (which INCLUDED a co-op campaign BTW) or set it up on a LAN.

In any case, just sad that the game with the reveal looked SO freaking awesome but as more and more info is coming out, it just keeps me thinking "Eh......" A stark reminder that this Doom has NOTHING to do with the brilliant guys who came up with the original. It might be from id Software, but this ain't from the great John Carmack, John Romero, and Adrian Carmack.

Well if COD isn't going back to historical wars I'm glad Battlefield is. I'm still not sure WWI makes as much sense as other wars could just because WWI combat doesn't really lend itself to the typical Battlefield gameplay. Still, it's nice to see them go a different direction than COD just for variety's sake. I'm looking forward to the announcement.

Capcom reported selling 1.4 million of Street Fighter V, falling short of it's goal of 2 million. Maybe the reason they didn't reach their goal was because people didn't feel like spending $60 on what is essentially an Early AAAccess game. Hopefully as other games fail to hit their sales marks publishers will realize that most people don't want to invest in games that aren't finished from a content perspective (they're already not finished from an error checking one.)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/street-fighter-5-misses-sales-target

Disney announced that they are getting out of the game publishing market, instead deciding to just license out all their properties to other entities. Also, Disney Infinity is coming to an end.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/10/disney-cancels-infinity-no-longer-self-publishing-games

Hopefully this means that we can finally get some good Marvel games besides the Lego titles. I guess that would depend on who they are going to give those licenses too though. EA would make sense since they already have a licensing deal with Disney for the Star Wars games.

The only problem with that is that there are so many studios making Star Wars games that there probably aren't any available to make Marvel games.

Doom 4 developers go into some details about how you can adjust the game style of the single player campaign.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts