X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Well, doesn't get much more official than this...
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11536052/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-details

Be really cool if they updated the SP to allow for Online Co-Op, but I doubt that'll happen.

This is cool but I wonder if the game will be sold stand alone. I would probably rather have this remaster than the new game being released this year. I certainly don't want to spend $90 for the Legacy Edition of Infinite Warfare just to get Call of Duty 4 and I don't really need 2 COD games in one year even if one is a remaster.

I doubt they will because then it'll cannibalize sales of Infinite Warfare and its DLC. If you make it exclusive to that package (while undoubtedly a d*ck move) it's the best of both worlds for Activision. Although I really wonder if CoD 4 has aged well. I mean yeah you can argue "You've played 1, you've played them all," it will be sort of weird after playing Black Ops 3 so much to then go to a much more stripped down version of multiplayer, not to mention only 10 maps with no chance of expansion. But then again it could be a "true" remastering where they update the game to have more of the modern mechanics (like more than just 3 types of killstreak rewards.) Guess we'll just have to wait until e3 to get all of this confirmed.

I doubt they will because then it'll cannibalize sales of Infinite Warfare and its DLC. If you make it exclusive to that package (while undoubtedly a d*ck move) it's the best of both worlds for Activision. Although I really wonder if CoD 4 has aged well. I mean yeah you can argue "You've played 1, you've played them all," it will be sort of weird after playing Black Ops 3 so much to then go to a much more stripped down version of multiplayer, not to mention only 10 maps with no chance of expansion. But then again it could be a "true" remastering where they update the game to have more of the modern mechanics (like more than just 3 types of killstreak rewards.) Guess we'll just have to wait until e3 to get all of this confirmed.

I would be okay with just a visual upgrade and dedicated servers for like $30. I wouldn't pay $60 for it unless there was more of a major overhaul like you are describing. If they went that far I would be okay with them just releasing that for $60 and not releasing a new game this year. Since it's a pack in with the Legacy Edition I don't think will be much more than upgraded visuals though.

I do think it will feel weird to go back to regular soldiers after having jet packs and lots of and fast movement in the last two releases. The maps might feel a little flat after we have gotten so used to looking up and down for enemies. Still, it might be a nice change of pace. I just hate the idea of spending $90 for a special edition COD game.

I would be okay with just a visual upgrade and dedicated servers for like $30. I wouldn't pay $60 for it unless there was more of a major overhaul like you are describing. If they went that far I would be okay with them just releasing that for $60 and not releasing a new game this year. Since it's a pack in with the Legacy Edition I don't think will be much more than upgraded visuals though.

I do think it will feel weird to go back to regular soldiers after having jet packs and lots of and fast movement in the last two releases. The maps might feel a little flat after we have gotten so used to looking up and down for enemies. Still, it might be a nice change of pace. I just hate the idea of spending $90 for a special edition COD game.
It'd be REALLY cool if they made a special bundle of $100 that had IW, MW, and the IW SP, but that's likely asking for too much. To be fair, Activision has done crazier things with releases. My fondest memory is when Guitar Hero 5 was coming out and they included (for free) a copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen for those that preordered. I mean I'm not one for preorders but that one sucked me in like a 5 year old to a creepy van with a sign on it that says "Free Ice Cream!"

The first DLC pack for Black Ops 3 is coming on Groundhog day for the PS4, and other consoles later. Well, later except for the 360 and PS3, which, although they are multiplayer ONLY games, WON'T be getting this pack (no word on future ones but I could see this setting a precedent.) I know this doesn't affect me at all but it just seems so mean to these last gen players. First they don't get the full game. Then the version they do get looks absolutely horrible. And now they can't even play any additional maps. Activision has a really unsubtle way of trying to push players to current gen. Not that I entirely blame them, but stripping away features feels like a dirty way to do it IMO.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/21/10637126/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-awakening-dlc-ps4
So, apparently Activision went back on this without telling anyone, as they ARE releasing DLC packs for the last-gen versions. I guess they realized that not doing it was leaving money on the table. Still, they are quite delayed. I mean 360 is getting pack 1 in MAY and last week PS4 owners got pack 2.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news...dlc-is-finally-coming-to-xbox-360-next-month/

So to the surprise of no one, the new CoD trailer has been released. And as in line with other coverage it is, INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SSSPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE! Not sure if the actual MP will be there as well but it certainly appears as though they're not skimping when it comes to Single Player campaign.

Oh, and yes it does appear that with certain editions you get Modern Warfare Remastered, but apparently it only has 10 maps and there's a few other "things" that require being explained in a FAQ. Sadly, said FAQ isn't online on the website for some reason. Going to the link mentioned in the video just brings you to a 404 error.

In some interesting news, it appears that if you get the Digital Deluxe edition you get the 2 games as well as the Season Pass. So you get a discounted SP as well as a free copy of MW. Some more info here:

http://kotaku.com/heres-the-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-debut-trailer-1774198643

So to the surprise of no one, the new CoD trailer has been released. And as in line with other coverage it is, INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SSSPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE! Not sure if the actual MP will be there as well but it certainly appears as though they're not skimping when it comes to Single Player campaign.

Oh, and yes it does appear that with certain editions you get Modern Warfare Remastered, but apparently it only has 10 maps and there's a few other "things" that require being explained in a FAQ. Sadly, said FAQ isn't online on the website for some reason. Going to the link mentioned in the video just brings you to a 404 error.

In some interesting news, it appears that if you get the Digital Deluxe edition you get the 2 games as well as the Season Pass. So you get a discounted SP as well as a free copy of MW. Some more info here:

http://kotaku.com/heres-the-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-debut-trailer-1774198643

If nothing else it looks like the campaign will be interesting. Not that it took much work since I buy COD every year but I'm sold. Now the choice is whether I go with the $80 version that includes both games or the $100 version that includes both games and the season pass. The season pass for COD games is usually $50 by itself so it looks like I'll probably end up with the $100 deluxe version. I'll definitely be taking advantage of Amazon Prime's 20% off pre-orders for this game.

Some more info on the CoD 4 Remaster as that website I mentioned has finally been updated. Probably the biggest news is that the game will NOT be available as a separate game. It's only available if you get the special editions of IW. Also, I don't think you can get the $100 digital deluxe version on Amazon. I think those editions are only on PSN/XBLM, hence the name Digital Deluxe.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

Some more info on the CoD 4 Remaster as that website I mentioned has finally been updated. Probably the biggest news is that the game will NOT be available as a separate game. It's only available if you get the special editions of IW. Also, I don't think you can get the $100 digital deluxe version on Amazon. I think those editions are only on PSN/XBLM, hence the name Digital Deluxe.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

Well Amazon does typically sell digital codes for most games in addition to retail. I pre-ordered a digital code for Black Ops 3 through Amazon instead of PSN because I had credit there.

As of right now they only have the physical versions available and no option for the $100 deluxe version. I wouldn't be surprised to see digital codes made available closer to release though. That being said, the 20% off for Prime Members offer only applies to physical copies. I didn't realize there wouldn't be a physical version of the deluxe edition. I prefer digital anyways but I wouldn't pay $20 more for that convenience over the physical version.

Anyways, as of right now Amazon only has physical copies and they only have the standard and legacy versions. The deluxe version is not available. For Prime members the price of the $80 Legacy Edition is $63.99. I guess I have to decide if that extra $40 on the Digital Deluxe version directly from PSN for the season pass is worth it. It's probably not since it will only save me $10 and I don't usually buy the season pass anyways.

Amazon product ASIN B01EZA0CEE

Well Amazon does typically sell digital codes for most games in addition to retail. I pre-ordered a digital code for Black Ops 3 through Amazon instead of PSN because I had credit there.

As of right now they only have the physical versions available and no option for the $100 deluxe version. I wouldn't be surprised to see digital codes made available closer to release though. That being said, the 20% off for Prime Members offer only applies to physical copies. I didn't realize there wouldn't be a physical version of the deluxe edition. I prefer digital anyways but I wouldn't pay $20 more for that convenience over the physical version.

Anyways, as of right now Amazon only has physical copies and they only have the standard and legacy versions. The deluxe version is not available. For Prime members the price of the $80 Legacy Edition is $63.99. I guess I have to decide if that extra $40 on the Digital Deluxe version directly from PSN for the season pass is worth it. It's probably not since it will only save me $10 and I don't usually buy the season pass anyways.

Amazon product ASIN B01EZA0CEE
Well also a quick look shows that there is no other Digital Deluxe versions for sale of the past CoD games on Amazon. Yeah you can get standard digital versions but perhaps the deluxe ones are exclusive to the digital stores.

I may end up getting that one. Maybe the love will have fleeted by the time IW comes out but Black Ops 3 has reinvigorated my love for CoD MP. And in my eyes, getting the DD version basically means I'm getting the complete IW package along with a free copy of MW. We'll see where I stand 6 months from now. At least if I do decide to get the DD version at I can get it whenever. Odds are I'll get the PS4 version because of the maps release exclusivity and we can do the campaign online (I'm assuming they're bringing that back since they had it in the last 2 games.) Would be REALLY sweet if they implemented it in MW Remaster but I doubt they will.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...pawn-working-on-new-3rd-person-star-wars-game

Respawn, the developer of Titanfall, is working on a 3rd person action-adventure Star Wars game for EA. It's no surprise that EA is going to try to get as much as they can out their Star Wars license over the next few years. The article also mentions that EA currently has Visceral, DICE, Bioware, Capital Games, and Motive working on Star Wars games in addition to Respawn. I definitely think we are going to see some cool games come from this but that might be a little overkill.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)