X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Well this can't bode well. The Arkham Remaster has been delayed....

..INDEFINITELY.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/28/12049804/batman-return-to-arkham-remaster-delayed-indefinitely

I actually see this as a good thing. It means that WB learned their lesson from the PC version of Arkham Knight and they aren't going to force the game out on an arbitrary date if it's not ready yet. Arkham Knight on PC was probably the most refunded game on Steam ever and I'm sure that cost them a lot of money. They probably don't want to make that mistake again.

I've said this many times before but delays don't bother me. I have plenty of games to play and I would much rather they take the time they need to get it right than put out a product that isn't ready. Gamers will be mad if they delay it but they will also be mad if they release a broken game. I think the delay is clearly the lesser of two evils.

I think there are a couple of reasons they didn't announce a new release date yet. First, people just throw more sh*t on them if they realize they aren't going to hit that date either and have to delay again. I can see how it would make more sense to wait until they are positive they will be done before announcing a new date.

The second reason is timing. I think this delay will be longer than a couple weeks or they probably would have been confident enough to set a new release date. If it ends up pushing them into the fall my guess is that they wouldn't release the game even if it was ready. It doesn't make sense to throw a remaster out to die in October when it has to compete with all the AAA holiday releases.

If the delay pushes them to Fall I think it makes more sense to wait until February or March so the game will sell better. If that is the case it would make sense that they wouldn't want to announce an 8 month delay a month before the game was supposed to ship. People would assume that the game is a dumpster fire if it needs that long of a delay when it might really be a 3 month delay with 5 more months added on for business reasons.

While I do agree it's better to release something good as opposed to a turd, I think that there's a bigger underlying problem, which is that WB is handing out these port jobs to the lowest bidder, and said lowest bidder is probably not up to the job. The only good PC ports WB has had has been from companies that were PC developers as well (Mad Max & Shadow of Mordor). In the end it's better to pay more for a good company to handle it as opposed to something like this, where the game is delayed, and more money is going to be spent to develop the damn thing. You can have all the time in the world, but more time != better game. WB needs to stop being pennywise and dollar stupid when it comes to their ports.

Edit: Okay, a quick look at the port company's website and portfolio of games does show that at least they're not amateurs. However, doesn't mean that they're experts either. I know for a fact that the Heavy Rain PS4 port still had all the bugs from the PS3 version. Can't speak to the Final Fantasy X/X-2 ports even though I own the games (I swear I'll get to those eventually.)

The Bioshock Collection is coming September 13th on PS4, One, and PC. However, it appears that the PC version will not be remastered in regards to Infinite (pretty hard to make that game look much better on PC.)

http://kotaku.com/bioshock-collection-leaks-yet-again-1782831686

UPDATE: So the package itself is $60, but if you have the PC versions of Bioshock 1 or 2, you get the remastered versions for free. Just a FYI, you can get the first two games for $4 each during the current Steam Picnic Sale (Honestly you may as well just get the entire bundle, as you get all 3 games for $10.51.)
http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

Last edited:
The Bioshock Collection is coming September 13th on PS4, One, and PC. However, it appears that the PC version will not be remastered in regards to Infinite (pretty hard to make that game look much better on PC.)

http://kotaku.com/bioshock-collection-leaks-yet-again-1782831686

I'm probably not going to end up buying this because I have the original games on PC and I'm already satisfied with the way they look. Even Bioshock 1 still holds up pretty well. Maybe I will get it eventually at a steep discount but only if the graphical improvements end up being huge. I'm not expecting that big of a change though, especially since they aren't even touching Infinite. At best they will probably bring the first two games up to same level of visuals as Infinite on PC. That isn't a bad thing. It's just not worth paying $60 for to me.

That being said, I bet this remaster will sell very well on the consoles. There was a pretty big difference between these games on PC and the PS3/360 versions. Providing console players with something that matches the original PC versions would be a huge improvement. Plus it doesn't help that PS4/Xbox One owners don't currently have a way to play the original games.

Don't worry. If you have the originals on PC, you get the new ones for free.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

Very cool and pretty unexpected. This is not the way this usually goes. Seeing this trailer made me want to play these games again even if I wasn't going to buy the remastered collection. I've never actually finished Bioshock 1 even though I have started it and got over half way through several times and I've never played Bioshock 2 at all. I did finish Bioshock Infinite and really, really enjoyed it.

Getting visual upgrades for free is even more incentive for me to go back and finally beat the first 2 games.

You should play them once the upgrade happens. I'll likely play the original again once the remaster comes out. It's in my Top 10 Favorite games ever. I've beaten it at least 5 times across consoles and PC. I'm curious as to what sort of tweaks they end up doing. I'd love to see the original with an unlocked framerate.

I passed on buying the Infinite Complete Edition when it was on sale for PS3 last week in anticipation of the PS4 remasters, which was leaked months ago. I assume, like the Uncharted collection for PS4, that the online multiplayer for Bioshock 2 will be dropped. No great loss, of course, though I didn't mind my grind to level 40 for the platinum trophy, as much as I totally suck at competitive multiplayer. I just love the game's art style and exploring the maps. I also didn't feel totally useless because I could don the Big Brother gear or hack a turret or vending machine for a few cheap kills of inexperienced players. lol

Speaking of platinum, I wonder if they'll include the Survivor difficulty mode that was added to the PS3 release of Bioshock (beating that difficulty with Vita-Chambers turned off was required for the plat).

Doom 4 now has an enhanced photo mode as well as the ability to play in "Classic" doom style with the gun in the middle of the screen. I put mine in the middle and it actually feels pretty cool with the retro vibe. Here's a video showing it off

Nice infographic for Rocket League's 1st Birthday.

RL_Infographic_1st%20_Birthday.jpg

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

Nintendo announced a new mini NES that comes pre-installed with 30 games for $60. It's a cool idea but from what I've read it sounds like it doesn't actually play NES carts even though it looks like there is a cart slot. It sounds like it's actually playing emulated ROMs, which would explain how they are able to pre-install 30 games on it.

jya3v7b1jouyvafnt4jq.jpg

Yeah it's definitely not for playing regular games on, which seems like a loss. The slot is there I guess just for nostalgic looks.

Yeah it's definitely not for playing regular games on, which seems like a loss. The slot is there I guess just for nostalgic looks.
Yeah, they're going the route of the Atari Flashback in building the games in, and then releasing later models with more games.

I'm still surprised the Genesis Flashback had a working cartridge slot when the Itellivision, Colecovision and Atari's did not..

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

Nintendo announced a new mini NES that comes pre-installed with 30 games for $60. It's a cool idea but from what I've read it sounds like it doesn't actually play NES carts even though it looks like there is a cart slot. It sounds like it's actually playing emulated ROMs, which would explain how they are able to pre-install 30 games on it.

jya3v7b1jouyvafnt4jq.jpg

I read the games that will be included, its a pretty good selection, I picked up a atari flashback last year, not bad for some throwback gsmes

I read the games that will be included, its a pretty good selection, I picked up a atari flashback last year, not bad for some throwback gsmes
I agree, has pretty much all the top NES games, I already have a notification setup on Amazon when it comes in, to buy for the kids.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)