Video Game Deals

You can get Fallout 4 for 18.84 on PC (Physical) via Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B00YQ2MM2M

I can highly recommend it at that price. I took a break from it for a while but it's currently the game I'm playing most again besides Overwatch. I'm 48 hours in right now and I think I'm still pretty early into the story. Unfortunately the reasoning for that is because I think the side story missions are much more interesting than the main quest. I will finish it eventually but I might be up around 100+ hours by the time I do unless I start mainlining the story.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

There are a few Steam Controller bundle deals right now. You can get the Steam Link bundled with Doom, Civilization 6, or a Steam Link for $89.99. I checked and apparently if you already own Doom like I do you can just get the controller for $29.99 instead of the normal $49.99.

Rayman Origins is going to be free via uPlay on August 17th.

http://www.pcgamer.com/rayman-origins-is-the-next-free-ubi-30-game/

Kind of sucks they're not giving away Legends, which is not only superior but also contains many of the best levels from Origins. Still, this is a FANTASTIC platformer that everyone should get if they haven't already.

This review sums it up pretty well I think:

I've been avoiding Battlefield Hardline because just about everyone seems to agree that Battlefield 4 is still a much better game. The servers are still very active even though it's much older too. For $5 I'll grab it though. At that price it would be worth it just to see what Visceral did with a Battlefield campaign. There are some other good deals there too but I already have the rest of the EA games that I would be interested in.

New Humble Indie Bundle. I'd love to pick it up for Nuclear Throne but $10 is still quite an asking price knowing if I just wait I can get it cheaper..

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-17

Nuclear Throne is the main attraction for me too. I already own the other games in the bundle that I actually want. I think I'll keep waiting too unless something I really want is included when they add more games next Tuesday. Nuclear Throne is only $11.99 on Steam/GOG so any discount at all will probably put it below this $10 price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225540/
Just Cause 3 is on sale on Steam. It's not a particularly great deal at 50% off but I thought this was kind of interesting. Apparently they have a bundle with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3 that is 63% off. I already own Rise of the Tomb Raider so it says I can complete my collection for $22.95.

So with the way this system works I can buy the game by "completing my collection" for $22.95 or I can buy the game with their featured deal for $29.99.
2016-08-16.png

In case anyone is thinking of getting Just Cause 3, do yourself a favor and skip the season pass. Literally every review I've read has said it's not worth it.

One note about the Mega Man Collection: I'd start with Mega Man 2, as it's the the most memorable and beloved of the series. Mega Man 1 has some issues and I can't speak to the other ones. I bought that cheap on a Gamefly sale but ended up flipping it at Gamestop to get Overwatch. I think I made the right call.

As far as Resident Evil HD goes, just keep in mind that you're playing the HD Remake of the Gamecube remake. It's not really the ORIGINAL Resident Evil, which is not a knock against it. Just throwing it out there though because the GC game wasn't just an bump in textures, but a real, actual REMAKE with new areas and new mechanics, like this super annoying thing where some of the damn Zombies would come back to life unless you burned them after you killed them.

As far as other games on the sale, HIGHLY recommend DMC: Devil May Cry at 75% off. Fantastic game, and not a bad port, because it wasn't a port. One of the few instances from last generation where the PC version was built separately and as a result was truly the best version.

I MIGHT pick up Dungeons and Dragons. I know it says D&D but it's a side scrolling Beat'Em'Up, like a cross between Final Fight and Magic Sword (2 games that really should be on PC as well but aren't for some reason.)

Ducktales Remastered at less than $5 is a great deal. Perfect price point given the length of the game.

For some dumb reason Resident Evil 4 isn't part of the sale, at least not separately. You can only get it discounted when purchased in a bundle.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)