Video Game Deals

From what I've read it's mainly more of Pack 1 with some new games that are hit or miss. I haven't tried it out myself yet because I haven't run through all the content of Pack 1 yet.

According to an email they just sent me Gamestop started a PC spring sale. You might want to wait a bit before checking it out because a lot of the games advertised in the email are still showing as $60 when I look at the website. It doesn't seem like all of their sale prices have gone into effect yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=..._10002411&fq=5&om_rid=1023363722&om_mid=18339
Yeah it's a little messed up, but if you click on the game links it'll show the discounted price of the download code. The box versions are $60 but the codes are where the deals are. But even so it's still a bit messed up, as The Sims 4 has no discount.

Yeah it's a little messed up, but if you click on the game links it'll show the discounted price of the download code. The box versions are $60 but the codes are where the deals are. But even so it's still a bit messed up, as The Sims 4 has no discount.

I edited my post. By going to the PC section and clicking deals I found another page that shows a lot more games on sale, and it appears to include most of the ones advertised in the email they sent me with the discounted price.

Edit: Here is that link again.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/pc?nav=28-xu0,138c-162

https://www.humblebundle.com/cryengine-bundle

The new Humble Bundle doesn't actually include games. Instead it comes with a bunch of Cryengine assets for people interested in tying to make their own. It's not for me and I don't know how much these assets would normally cost outside of a Humble Bundle but I figured it might be interesting to some people.

I find it odd that unlock other times when they had developer/engine bundles, there's no games being sold as well. Gamemaker and RPG Maker bundles at least had games and even source code. I find it more amusing that this bundle has a bunch of Ryse assets but not the actual Ryse game. They could at least throw that in, or hell having the source code would be quite a get.

I likely won't be getting this bundle, but it's always been a dream of mine to develop my own game and after what happened to me at my job on Monday (which will forever be remembered as "Black Monday") I've decided to finally redeem my copy of Game Maker Studio Pro on a previous bundle and finally make and sell my own game. The eventual goal is to transition from my current business job plan and become a game developer full time but I know that'll take time and I'll need a few games under my belt before I try that.

I find it odd that unlock other times when they had developer/engine bundles, there's no games being sold as well. Gamemaker and RPG Maker bundles at least had games and even source code. I find it more amusing that this bundle has a bunch of Ryse assets but not the actual Ryse game. They could at least throw that in, or hell having the source code would be quite a get.

I likely won't be getting this bundle, but it's always been a dream of mine to develop my own game and after what happened to me at my job on Monday (which will forever be remembered as "Black Monday") I've decided to finally redeem my copy of Game Maker Studio Pro on a previous bundle and finally make and sell my own game. The eventual goal is to transition from my current business job plan and become a game developer full time but I know that'll take time and I'll need a few games under my belt before I try that.
My mistake. Apparently it does come with full games, or rather, 1 full game.

I predict in a few months (if that) you'll see this stuff flipped into a "full game" that is thrown on sale. Since these are so cheap now it's much easier for someone to come and try to flip this. Asset flips are becoming an epidemic on Steam, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of this stuff in some upcoming full/early access games.

Oh, and in a related topic, Crytek has released CryEngine 5.

http://www.crytek.com/news/crytek-u...-community-centered--pay-what-you-want--model

Downwell is $1.50 (50% off) on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360740/

Honestly $3 is more than fair pricing and I'd argue that this game is more fun on a phone, but if you're absolutely opposed to iOS/Android games then at least get this version.

The nice thing about the PC version is that you can use a controller instead of a touchscreen. I'm not big on mobile games, but that is especially true of games that expect you to make precise movements. I'm sure the mobile version of Downwell is fine but I bet it's also much harder.

Well I've found the hitbox for the mobile version to be pretty forgiving and the controls are responsive enough, and the portability makes up for the slight loss in precision that comes with using a touch screen. Not all games pull it off well. Hatfall on mobile versus PC is a very different experience because the touchscreen controls feel so loose and slippery. I do MUCH better with a keyboard than I do my touch screen, and as a result the game doesn't get as much play as I expected it would on my phone.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)