THE BOYS are back.

Well thats who will be left. And Soldier Boy has been in name only for some time not sure if he was coming back. Butcher has been sick for how many seasons now? We know a fight to the death is imminent with Butcher and Homelander.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well, Season 4 at least went somewhere. I have thoughts about where this is headed, but only one path with a particular swerve. It is the only ending I can think that would finish the story, because otherwise, I have no idea how the plot line can have any sense of finality unless they are shooting for a status quo, which I could see with what I have in mind.

Homelander's son is the most disappointing writing in the show. It is 15 year old driving a stick shift for the first time like experience, and they have a lot of places to go with him, they just aren't doing it competently, almost like two sets of writers are being used for his development. Also, invulnerability and what it means seems to be on an as needed basis in the script writing, which is annoying.

Granted, this show isn't supposed to be an epic drama, so I might be looking for too much here.

Reactions: Foxbat
It's a prequel.

I dont think The Boys as it exists now works with either Butcher or Homelander no longer in the mix, so think they have a finite runway here and they'll reach the end of the franchise for the most part with season 5.
There can always be a Butcher, and there is always a Homelander. And don't forget, the dude who is responsible for this whole thing is actually the worst of them all (and he is still out there).

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

snowpiercer