The Acolyte - Disney+

Critics can at least be put into context. The context for user reviews as usual is they're a gross exaggeration of outrage over representation and various social causes and movements.

As usual, people tell on themselves when they show what they side they lean into.

From a storytelling and structure of the episode standpoint, this was a weak episode. The witches, the coven, the cast - which is what many who won't even bother to watch the show are spasming about, largely don't bother me. Tell a good story and none of it will matter. Some can't get past the representation of some lifestyles or the color of people's skin though regardless. Gives people an excuse to hate.

Critics can at least be put into context. The context for user reviews as usual is they're a gross exaggeration of outrage over representation and various social causes and movements.

As usual, people tell on themselves when they show what they side they lean into.

From a storytelling and structure of the episode standpoint, this was a weak episode. The witches, the coven, the cast - which is what many who won't even bother to watch the show are spasming about, largely don't bother me. Tell a good story and none of it will matter. Some can't get past the representation of some lifestyles or the color of people's skin though regardless. Gives people an excuse to hate.
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

The show failed on its own merit or lack thereof. No need to pull the race card. :rolleyes:

Reactions: fmj77 and klang
All you're doing is proving the point I made.
Actually what I did was prove "your point" was a joke. But whatever, I feel like you are baiting me at this point. That goes against SatelliteGuys rules and I'm not biting. Go troll someone else.

If you liked The Acolyte that's cool. Just dont force your acceptance of a subpar production as some made up "...ism" if they disagree. That isn't advancing your point in the least. In fact, quite the contrary.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo

Nah. Star Trek TNG was quite progressive but it was done the right way with excellent writing and storylines. The Acolyte is neither.

Reactions: TRG
Down to 14% now.
it's being review bombed though. this is the problem with the internet. if the show sucks, that's fine! review it that it sucks AFTER WATCHING IT. there's no need to review bomb it sight unseen because you think its "woke" or whatever fake grievance of the day that you have. these bombers are also so dumb they're bombing a 2000s movie by the same name, which tells you all you need to know.

Honestly, Star Wars fans are the most toxic fanbase hands down. so much unnecessary gate keeping and mob mentality.

I watched the first two eps the other day and i'll say it's FINE. it's probably on par with boba fett for me thus far. The biggest two problems are that the main actress is absolutely cardboard terrible as Osha (but pretty good as Mae - what's up with that?) and the pacing needs some serious work.

it's being review bombed though. this is the problem with the internet. if the show sucks, that's fine! review it that it sucks AFTER WATCHING IT. there's no need to review bomb it sight unseen because you think its "woke" or whatever fake grievance of the day that you have. these bombers are also so dumb they're bombing a 2000s movie by the same name, which tells you all you need to know.

Honestly, Star Wars fans are the most toxic fanbase hands down. so much unnecessary gate keeping and mob mentality.

I watched the first two eps the other day and i'll say it's FINE. it's probably on par with boba fett for me thus far. The biggest two problems are that the main actress is absolutely cardboard terrible as Osha (but pretty good as Mae - what's up with that?) and the pacing needs some serious work.
What makes you think the bad reviews are from people that didn't watch the series? Most of the people I know really wanted to like it. But it just sucked.

I'd be interested in hearing what George Lucas thinks about the direction the SW series has taken after Disney put their spin on it.

Reactions: fmj77
Moving back to the episodes for those here to actually discuss the series. Wow, that ep. 4 ending. Kinda wonder if most would have moved past the problems with episode 3 if we had the ending of episode 4 to focus on. Think it would have been in a better place if they released ep 1-2 and then released 3-4.

Kinda figured we'd either see this or something like it while on this planet, with the number of 'red shirt' jedi they brought along with them. Was almost silly really. My biggest issue, among others, is if the wookie is dead why didn't anyone 'feel it' they way they do when a Jedi passes?

Seems pretty clear and not as much of a reach as other things that her hidden master will be the guy who's been assisting her the whole time. Just a matter of them connecting the dots. If not him, then one of her moms.

If the show wasn't relatively short, I feel like we'd see more of this conflict with the Jedi council hashed lot a little more. As-is it feels largely unnecessary and abbreviated and could have just been handled via a brief communication with Sol. Seems like some conflict and/or corruption there as they try and handle this in house without telling the Republic.

This ending is the perfect spot to now show us the events of episode 3 from the other side next week before continuing on.

Moving back to the episodes for those here to actually discuss the series. Wow, that ep. 4 ending. Kinda wonder if most would have moved past the problems with episode 3 if we had the ending of episode 4 to focus on. Think it would have been in a better place if they released ep 1-2 and then released 3-4.

Kinda figured we'd either see this or something like it while on this planet, with the number of 'red shirt' jedi they brought along with them. Was almost silly really. My biggest issue, among others, is if the wookie is dead why didn't anyone 'feel it' they way they do when a Jedi passes?

Seems pretty clear and not as much of a reach as other things that her hidden master will be the guy who's been assisting her the whole time. Just a matter of them connecting the dots. If not him, then one of her moms.

If the show wasn't relatively short, I feel like we'd see more of this conflict with the Jedi council hashed lot a little more. As-is it feels largely unnecessary and abbreviated and could have just been handled via a brief communication with Sol. Seems like some conflict and/or corruption there as they try and handle this in house without telling the Republic.

This ending is the perfect spot to now show us the events of episode 3 from the other side next week before continuing on.
I thought the same thing about "guy who's been assisting".

They named the rat Basil?

(He's from Barcelona, we're training him. Would be quicker to train an ape!)

Star Trek Discovery

Resident Alien on SyFy