The Acolyte - Disney+

Started this last night, forgot the Star Wars episodes are so short. First two were OK. Episode 3 with the space witches was as bad as expected. Continuing tonight.

Finished last night. I thought it was generally OK, but to me the story just wasn’t compelling. It didn’t grab and hold my attention. Certainly left an opening for another season.

Reactions: Foxbat
I binged 3-8, which made the show better, but it was still terrible.

Also, the series costs $180 Million…..definitely did not look like they spent that much.

And cancelled.

When I was a kid ( I was 10 when the first Star Wars was released in 77) I dreamed of days we would get more Star Wars content, have been extremely happy with all the content released in the last 9 years ( some good, most very good to excellent), but I am not disappointed that The Acolyte was cancelled.

I’d watch more if it was done in the style of “Star Wars: Clone Wars” and “Star Wars: Rebels”. Disney is on a Live Action kick from movie remakes of Animated classics (a new Live Action “Snow White” is coming out soon) so why not introduce new Live Action shows like “Ahsoka”? Well, you get “The Acolyte”, that’s why. It could have had more episodes and been brought to the screen for less it was animated. Some of that money that could have been saved by being animated could have been put into fine-tuning the story. Oh, well…

Last edited:
I’d watch more if it was done in the style of “Star Wars: Clone Wars” and “Star Wars: Rebels”. Disney is on a Live Action kick from movie remakes of Animated classics (a new Live Action “Snow White” is coming out soon) so why not introduce new Live Action shows like “Ashoka”? Well, you get “The Acolyte”, that’s why. It could have had more episodes and been brought to the screen for less it was animated. Some of that money that could have been saved by being animated could have been put into fine-tuning the story. Oh, well…
We get Ashoka Season 2 next year, along with Andor, that will be a good year for Star Wars Series.

I keep hoping that we get a animated series, set after Return of the Jedi, but with Luke, Leia, Han and the rest, since Mando is 5 years after RoTJ, there is a lot of story to be told, during a time period never shown.

Reactions: Foxbat
And cancelled.

When I was a kid ( I was 10 when the first Star Wars was released in 77) I dreamed of days we would get more Star Wars content, have been extremely happy with all the content released in the last 9 years ( some good, most very good to excellent), but I am not disappointed that The Acolyte was cancelled.
This is the reason I just wait these days. Star Wars series, LOTR series, GoT series. I need to know I'm not wasting my time.

Some of us have no interest in an animated series. I haven’t watched any of them.
I don't know if your bias is because "cartoons are for kids" or something else, but let me tell you, you are missing out. I felt the same way at some point, but decided to suck it up and give it a shot while looking for a new series to binge. I'm so glad I did.

Rebels is absolutely incredible. Starts off on a bang and keeps it going all the way through. Watching this also made Ahsoka so much better for me (I started Ahsoka without having seen Rebels and I was a little lost on why I should care about Ezra and whatnot).

Clone Wars is also really good, but suffers from some meandering episodes and plots.

Clone Wars is also really good, but suffers from some meandering episodes and plots.
“Star Wars: The Clone Wars” changed its mission statement about a third of the way into the second season. I don’t know if that’s when Dave Filoni came onboard, but the first season is mostly Mickey Mouse fare until the 2nd season. The show darkens into a multifaceted political “House of Cards” with religious undertones (Jedi vs. Sith & Father/Daughter/Son Force Beings mythology episodes). Chronologically, this series fits in between Episodes 2 and 3 of the Star Wars movies (and the final episodes run concurrently with Episode 3). If you call yourself a Star Wars fan, make the commitment to slog through the first two seasons of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and you won’t be disappointed.

Just plan on losing several weeks of your life to take the journey. You will forget that this is an Animated series, and come to recognize the creative minds behind this show. For a Sci-Fi series that takes place in the Star Wars Universe, Animation allows the show creators almost unlimited freedom to explore alien beings, worlds, cultures, and mysticism.

Oh, and the movie of the same name is definitely Disney tripe. Its only purpose is to introduce Ahsoka Tano as Anakin Skywalker’s padawan. It introduces other “bad guys”, too, but you figure that out as you go on.

“Star Wars: The Clone Wars” changed its mission statement about a third of the way into the second season. I don’t know if that’s when Dave Filoni came onboard, but the first season is mostly Mickey Mouse fare until the 2nd season. The show darkens into a multifaceted political “House of Cards” with religious undertones (Jedi vs. Sith & Father/Daughter/Son Force Beings mythology episodes). Chronologically, this series fits in between Episodes 2 and 3 of the Star Wars movies (and the final episodes run concurrently with Episode 3). If you call yourself a Star Wars fan, make the commitment to slog through the first two seasons of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and you won’t be disappointed.

Just plan on losing several weeks of your life to take the journey. You will forget that this is an Animated series, and come to recognize the creative minds behind this show. For a Sci-Fi series that takes place in the Star Wars Universe, Animation allows the show creators almost unlimited freedom to explore alien beings, worlds, cultures, and mysticism.

Oh, and the movie of the same name is definitely Disney tripe. Its only purpose is to introduce Ahsoka Tano as Anakin Skywalker’s padawan. It introduces other “bad guys”, too, but you figure that out as you go on.
The last extra Season of Clone Wars, that was produced for Disney+ was great, the last few episodes, that was all Ahsoka Tano, were incredible.

Tied into almost everything that is currently going on right now concerning Star Wars.

Stargate Writers Have Teamed-Up For A Brand New Sci-Fi Series - The Ark

What are you Watching?