Suddenly getting Yellow screens on TV & Sling - 722k

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
I did a search and found one other person that had a yellow screen on two of their locals after a new install ... supposedly dish was working on something.

I've been on the 722k for almost 6 months but never, until last night seen any of my screens go yellow. I'd left my TV on and was in the back room for over an hour, and when I came out to shut down, found local ABC (HD EA Arc) was yellow screened. I changed channels to check it wasn't the TV, and checking Fox/CBS/HBO all was ok, but ABC still yellow.

So now here I am watching via my sling adapter in the back room, and any time the stream stutters I start getting yellow blocks ... like where the picture is pixellating removing large blocks of the screen revealing a yellow screen behind ... and if it gets bad enough the stream stops and the view area fills with yellow.

I've already looked, and the receiver shows its still on L682 .... and the only update I've done to my pc is to update to the current 1.5.1.118 webplayer, but this yellow appeared before the update, directly on the TV.

Anyone else suddenly getting a yellow screen either via Sling Adapter or 922sling or on their TV sets? Anyone know why or where this is coming from and can the color be changed to something OTHER than Yellow!?!?

EDIT: k.. so I've gone back to the TV after trying to re-wind on sling adapter and see the same Yellow screen and pixelation at the same spot...

What ever caused the yellow screen was recorded that way... does this signify Drive Failure coming on? or Is this something Dish is doing and working on? Anyone?

Last edited:
I can't speak about Sling, but on the receivers, all yellow screens are a result of problems on your local station's end of things. For instance, sometimes a severe storm will hit Charlotte pretty bad, knocking out their transmission, resulting in a yellow screen for me until service is restored. It doesn't have to be weather related either, but it's always locally specific.

I can't speak about Sling, but on the receivers, all yellow screens are a result of problems on your local station's end of things. For instance, sometimes a severe storm will hit Charlotte pretty bad, knocking out their transmission, resulting in a yellow screen for me until service is restored. It doesn't have to be weather related either, but it's always locally specific.
Well *that* makes me feel better! :) and since its only happened now with ABC & Fox .. hopefully that's all I'll ever see it with ... wish they'd change out that color though... :)

Thanks!!!

+1

That's been my experience as well.

Ed

I see yellow screens once in a while on my local channels as well. They probably use the same decoder in all the markets then (probably bought them in bulk to save money when all these local markets were going live). Last one I seen was within the past week. It happens once in a while.

TV1 and TV2 problem

Dish Could Be An Acquisition Candidate for Verizon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)