Signal Protector

1) click the home key 3 times to bring up the diagnostics page.
2) scroll down to Network
3) select Internet settings
4) select the Advanced tab
5) turn on Signal Protector

Remember that it is not available on a Hopper Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much.

Because not all channels are capable of streaming.
Except with Sling TV - DISH 's sister service. I always wondered why they didn't transition all the satellite service to this capability and make it stream with the nicer guides and menus and graphics that DISH has. They could use a cloud dvr instead of physical one. Then in stead of joeys and other receivers you would just need the streaming app and internet connection. Maybe they could do this when the satellite part of the service isn't profitable any longer. I dislike the Sling TV gray guides and the jumbled way the channels are presented. DISH has always looked better and you can create many favorite guides to suit you. Sling needs improving and Combining the best of DISH with the streaming capability of Sling TV would be the best of both. Might be where they are headed with the end of physical media. :smug

This feature works exactly as advertised. A microburst started dumping rain this morning. It took about 20 seconds for ror the red dish to appear and switch to streaming. Return to satellite was seamless about ten minutes later.

So why not just stream then, and have the satellite for backup?

I have not been able to test the streaming feature since I have not had bad weather.
But others have mentioned that commercials could not be skipped while streaming was active.
Plus some customers have data limits on their internet service.

Except with Sling TV - DISH 's sister service. I always wondered why they didn't transition all the satellite service to this capability and make it stream with the nicer guides and menus and graphics that DISH has. They could use a cloud dvr instead of physical one. Then in stead of joeys and other receivers you would just need the streaming app and internet connection. Maybe they could do this when the satellite part of the service isn't profitable any longer. I dislike the Sling TV gray guides and the jumbled way the channels are presented. DISH has always looked better and you can create many favorite guides to suit you. Sling needs improving and Combining the best of DISH with the streaming capability of Sling TV would be the best of both. Might be where they are headed with the end of physical media. :smug

I fully agree with your assessment of Sling TV. If Dish would keep all of the Hopper 3 capabilities including the trick plays and all the current content but utilize streaming instead of satellite for transmission I would embrace it.
I have Spectrum internet with no data caps so streaming would not be a problem. But the Hopper 3 with timers is so much much more convenient to access content. Charles uses a spreadsheet to keep track of his streaming. I prefer to pay Dish for the convenience that they give me. I have instant access to all of my content.
My Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV are rarely used.

I have not been able to test the streaming feature since I have not had bad weather.
But others have mentioned that commercials could not be skipped while streaming was active.

You can skip back and then ffw. But no skipping commercials otherwise. You can pause the feed but you can't record it.

It works at my friends house. We were at his house and a rain storm hit and he had the TV on Cable News and the message popped up on the screen and I told him hit it. He did and we were back watching streaming news. Wish they had this years ago for the 25 years I had DISH.

It works at my friends house. We were at his house and a rain storm hit and he had the TV on Cable News and the message popped up on the screen and I told him hit it. He did and we were back watching streaming news. Wish they had this years ago for the 25 years I had DISH.
Never too late. Sign back up. Hopper 3 is awesome.

Dish Letter for outdated equipment

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)