NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Kentucky at #4? I really don't see them being this good this year. They will have to jell fast.
You may be the only reasonable Cats fan. If UK doesn't make the FF this year fans will start trying to fire Calipari. :D

You may be the only reasonable Cats fan. If UK doesn't make the FF this year fans will start trying to fire Calipari. :D

I really don't see how a first year coach can come in and immediately win a championship. Has it ever happened in any sport other than Lou Pinella with the Reds in 1990?

Steve Fisher in 1989 took over for Michigan and won the NCAA title

I knew someone would say that. He didn't coach the whole year and he was the assistant for the coach that quit so that doesn't really count.

I really don't see how a first year coach can come in and immediately win a championship. Has it ever happened in any sport other than Lou Pinella with the Reds in 1990?
I can't believe you had to ask. Tubby Smith did it in 98.

How in the world did Tech get ranked #22? We reeked last year. I can understand us being better this year (can't really get worse), but not top #25 material before playing a single game.

How in the world did Tech get ranked #22? We reeked last year. I can understand us being better this year (can't really get worse), but not top #25 material before playing a single game.

Favors is the reason. He was considered one of the top three recruits in the nation last season. He will make a huge difference in them.

This will be an interesting year, because with the star players from last year going pro or graduating, I don't know how many superstars there will be this year.

It's hard to find a legitimate dominant player, like Hansbrough, Blake Griffin, DeJuan Blair, Thabeet, etc.

Division II LeMoyne upsets No. 25 Syracuse!

Anyone else catch this game? Pretty big upset in the 'Cuse....

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-923625641-1257310284.jpg

Division II LeMoyne upsets Syracuse in exhibition game

Anyone else catch this game? Pretty big upset in the 'Cuse....

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-923625641-1257310284.jpg

Division II LeMoyne upsets Syracuse in exhibition game

I watched it. A very good college basketball game. A game like this is what make CBB fun to watch unless you are a Syracuse fan. May be a down year for Syracuse. They are pretty young and not that big. But Boeheim usually figures something out. LeMoyne had two or three kids who could play at the mid major D-1 level, IMO. They should have a good year in DII, I would think. But this will be their biggest win all season.

Not an out on the limb prediction, but IMO Thomas will be disaster at FIU. He has been a disaster at everything he's got his hands on since he retired from the NBA. So there is really no reason to believe this will be any different.

I don't even know what college basketball exhibition games mean...

Sandra

LSU's Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10

Tiger Woods Will Play Masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)