iOS 18, what did you think?

i dunno will i be able to hook the phone to my pc and download all of my pictures and videos without having to deal with crazy file formats that won't download!!!

RCS from iPhone to Android stopped working for me about a week ago. I think it's on the carrier side, not Apple.

I'm wondering if some of the Android users I text with have RCS turned on. It is optional and I'm not sure what the default setting would be. For group texts everyone participating must have RCS turned on.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I'm wondering if some of the Android users I text with have RCS turned on

That's possible, but I think in this case my contacts that lost RCS do have it enabled. I switched from Visible (Verizon) to Total Wireless (also Verizon) because they are offering a $25/month unlimited premium data plan. Apparently, Total hasn't enabled RCS yet while Visible has.

Reactions: klang
i dunno will i be able to hook the phone to my pc and download all of my pictures and videos without having to deal with crazy file formats that won't download!!!
No, but if you upload them to your iCloud, Apple will do the necessary conversions for you. The problem isn't with iOS but with the system that Windows uses to recognize what a file contains (by the file name extension). HEIF and HEVC are well-established in the graphics and video communities. ProRes maybe not so much.

At least is isn't as clumsy as the old Macintosh "fork" system where the file contents were modified to tell the Mac what application was used to "open" the file. Adobe does much the same thing with Photoshop even today!

Consider how long Windows users had to wait for Microsoft to add handing of .RAR and .7z files to Windows Explorer.

My 15 pro max is still on 17.7 and does not offer 18. Staggered release?
Never heard of them doing that in the past. From the Software Update page in General Settings it probably says 17.7 is up to date. Lower on the page, possibly need to scroll should be an option to install 18.

Im using on 9th gen 32gb ipad, i have no issue with it unlike entire 16.xx that was full year of my battery depleting 20~50% overnight or no reason at all no app running not even wifi and in "default" first startup/new state. after 6month give apple everything they want info was they said there nothing wrong with ipad hardware or software.

17.x fixed issue and 18.xx back to same my ipad back to surviving 7+ days till need charge 16.xx was getting charged ever 2 days. Would mind it on my iphone but is 6s which 16gb model but 16gb would not accommodate those os.

only thing I noticed really diffrent is setting layout changed and the photos app change which i dont care for

You are right.

IMG_7531.jpeg

Maybe tonight. But it’s always notified me before that such was ready. NBD.

Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 16