DirecTV Genie Redesigned Menus

I have version 0x1ab8 dated 7/11 on my HR54. Does that mean I won't get it?
You will get it sometime this month, if all goes according to plan. It will come as a software upgrade overnight some night. You should see a message when you turn on your Genie the next morning. 0x1AB8 is the current national release of the last software development cycle. The new version starting to roll out to customers tomorrow and throughout the month is 0x1B14. If they find it necessary, that version will be incremented up for any fixes. Our Cutting Edge testing has ended on this cycle at 0x1B13, we hope to start alpha testing the next cycle very soon. If anyone is interested in joining us, see Welcome to the DIRECTV Cutting Edge Forum

Reactions: skinnyJM and AZ.
Last night I checked and I have firmware 0x1ab8 dated Wed 7/10, on an HR44. I haven’t checked if the new menu came today or not. I don’t recall seeing any ads for it either, I’m in PA so not sure when the east coast gets the rollout.

Last night I checked and I have firmware 0x1ab8 dated Wed 7/10, on an HR44. I haven’t checked if the new menu came today or not. I don’t recall seeing any ads for it either, I’m in PA so not sure when the east coast gets the rollout.
I'm pretty sure the east coast will be getting it later towards the end of the month. They are proceeding cautiously at first, which they usually do with major firmware upgrades. Larry55 is not a valid observation, he had the right software as part of the CE program.

I'm pretty sure the east coast will be getting it later towards the end of the month. They are proceeding cautiously at first, which they usually do with major firmware upgrades. Larry55 is not a valid observation, he had the right software as part of the CE program.
I did CE when it was at the other site from 2010 to maybe 2016ish?

Glad its still working out for you guys. Enjoy... I've taken time off to just have a stable platform since we just have one receiver now and the wife just asks for stability.

I can appreciate a safe and staggered rollout. Just ask Crowdstrike how winging it went... I know because I didn't go to bed that day fixing their follies.

I will definitely raise that issue when there are actual WNBA or women's college basketball games being broadcast (not reruns). They read this thread, too.
3 WNBA games tonight

i think one is on PRIME ... D*for biz has prime yankee, and prime NFL games... but no PRIME WNBA smh...

Mercury v SKY (Marquee 664/ Amazon prime )
NY Liberty v LA Sparks (Espn 206)
Mystics v Lynx (Monumental 642 & Bailys North Xtra 668-1 )

Last edited:
3 WNBA games tonight

i think one is on PRIME ... D*for biz has prime yankee, and prime NFL games... but no PRIME WNBA smh...

Mercury v SKY (Marquee 664 )
NY Liberty v LA Sparks (Espn 206)
Mystics v Lynx (Monumental 642 & Bailys North Xtra 668-1 )
Sports Central on the DIRECTV app has the WNBA games listed.

IMG_0456.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dtv757
that's progress but i still cant add LV Aces or Mystics to "my teams" ... also still missing from scoreguide

Yep. On the current Sports Central on DirecTV satellite, they do not include any WNBA games. I did find them by doing a Smart search for "WNBA" and all the games and their reruns are listed. I will relay the complaint to Product Engineeriing. Let's see how they handle Women's college basketball.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Smuuth and dtv757
Yep. On the current Sports Central on DirecTV satellite, they do not include any WNBA games. I did find them by doing a Smart search for "WNBA" and all the games and their reruns are listed. I will relay the complaint to Product Engineeriing. Let's see how they handle Women's college basketball.
Additionally, there is no way to add a WNBA team to “My Teams.”

Reactions: dtv757
Just some FYI...Have not seen the "Get ready for a new Menu" notice for over a week now and our firmware is still Ox1ab8. We're in Colorado and thru info here thought we'd be getting it this week...No problem, just passing info.

i think someone posted a photo above of what your describing.

hopefully they add WNBA to "my teams" and hopefully next season we can get WNBA LP on sat.

We just got the new menu update. I like it. Now if they would give the guide a make over
PLEASE don't make the Guide, ;like Streaming ....PLEASE

I don't want to have to see 1 show at a time while scrolling to the right ... at least you can see 5-6 channels per page the way it is.

Nag Screens!

Is Gemini worth it? Email claiming free upgrade.