DirecTV Genie Redesigned Menus

The current Geminis struggle enough to run the GUI. No way the Genie could run that
With the redsigned menus rolling out this month, the Gemini, Genie and Genie clients all have the same GUI Interface for the menus. The Gemini has more options because of the available streaming apps. I don't know how that compares with the Stream interface.

Here is a screen shot after you first push the Menu button on a HR54.

Attachments

• 17227017516125619516937710247671.jpg
    17227017516125619516937710247671.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: skinnyJM
After selecting "home", you can scroll down through various categories and each line has thumbnails you can scroll to the right on.

Attachments

• 17227020850343442035524804557064.jpg
    17227020850343442035524804557064.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: skinnyJM
Settings menu beginning (scrolls down and each row scrolls right)

If you look in the other thread, New Genie Menus Coming in July, at my post about a survey DIRECTV sent me about satellite service it has screen shots where the guide is exactly like the guide in the DIRECTV streaming app when signed in with satellite credentials. I posted it in that thread thinking the new Guide and other screens were what they were talking about in that thread. It appears those screens have nothing to do with the new menus. I am not sure why DIRECTV sent me the survey about satellite when the screens are clearly from the app and not from a DIRECTV receiver.

Here is a screen grab of the email. The link won't work for anyone else as it will give you a message "You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired."

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.33.45 PM.png

Reactions: Johnnyspot
With the redsigned menus rolling out this month, the Gemini, Genie and Genie clients all have the same GUI Interface for the menus. The Gemini has more options because of the available streaming apps. I don't know how that compares with the Stream interface.
The stream interface is radically different and always has been. As bp mentioned he posted pictures and a quick google shows you the interface

Does the hr 44 get it ? Also does the main receiver, in this case a hr 44 hr54 or h44 get it on itself or is it only the clients? If so I wonder how it would perform on c31-c51 (I’m asking everything because I finally got rid of DIRECTV and went to dish)

Does the hr 44 get it ? Also does the main receiver, in this case a hr 44 hr54 or h44 get it on itself or is it only the clients? If so I wonder how it would perform on c31-c51 (I’m asking everything because I finally got rid of DIRECTV and went to dish)

The new menus are on HS17, HR54 and HR44 Genies. They have to be enabled there before they appear on clients, including Gemini clients. I am not sure about H44s, since we have no CE testers with H44s, but the H44 uses the latest GENIE software, so I expect they will get the redesigned menus. The only restriction I know of for the H44 is that it does not support Gemini clients.

The new menus are on HS17, HR54 and HR44 Genies. They have to be enabled there before they appear on clients, including Gemini clients. I am not sure about H44s, since we have no CE testers with H44s, but the H44 uses the latest GENIE software, so I expect they will get the redesigned menus. The only restriction I know of for the H44 is that it does not support Gemini clients.
They have to be enabled as in the ui won’t appear unless chosen by the user?

The last few days when we first turn on the system, we are greeted with "Get Ready...There's a new menu coming" or something similar to that. No new menu yet and current firmware is...0x1AB8. Is the new menu attacheched to a new firmware version?

The last few days when we first turn on the system, we are greeted with "Get Ready...There's a new menu coming" or something similar to that. No new menu yet and current firmware is...0x1AB8. Is the new menu attacheched to a new firmware version?
Where are you located? It sounds like your area will be one of the next to get the new menus after the Olympics. Although earlier versions are capable of running the redesigned menus, they had some performance problems. They will first update your Genie version to 0x1B11 or later, probably 0x1B13. The Genie and Gemini software versions should also be updated also. Then, when they target your area, they will enable the redesigned menu on your Genie, which also enables the new menus on your clients. HR2x DVRs and other standalone STBs will not get the new menus.

We've got an HR54 and an HR24 but no Genie's and no Gemini. We live in Colorado, south of the Denver area.

We've got an HR54 and an HR24 but no Genie's and no Gemini. We live in Colorado, south of the Denver area.
An HR54 is a Genie 1, so you have a Genie, which acts as server for cients (you have none). The HR54 will get the new menus. Your HR24 will be unaffected. If you look at Menu/settings/Info and Test, what software version are you currently running on the HR54? I thought they had pushed 0x1B11 to all customers in the Denver DMA, and were enabling the new menus for all of them, but they may have only enabled some of them.

The HS17 is a Genie 2 and the Cx1 clients are Genie minis.

Nag Screens!

Is Gemini worth it? Email claiming free upgrade.