Big NBA Trade!

And will result in Shaq's stats going way down. Not talking about wins and losses here, but you did mention Shaq scoring 18 points a game last year and he will not come close to that in Cleveland. As you said (and I did earlier) Cleveland is much different from Phoenix, and Lebron will still be taking a LOT of shots.

Sandra

LBJ has been know to pass the ball early and often. He's the modern day Oscar Robertson after all. Shaq should get a lot of looks down low by feeds from LeBron driving to the lane.

LBJ has been know to pass the ball early and often. He's the modern day Oscar Robertson after all. Shaq should get a lot of looks down low by feeds from LeBron driving to the lane.

I actually thought LBJ got a little shaky with his passes in crunch time during the Magic series. I have a feeling the big O was a little steadier. And I was rooting for Cleveland because of a certain poster in here. :rolleyes:

I know he's not selfish, but the truth will remain Cleveland will be better off when he's shooting than when he's passing. Your correct answer is perhaps LBJ will see less doubling if the defense has to keep an eye on Shaq too. His best value could be as a gigantic decoy!

Sandra

I actually thought LBJ got a little shaky with his passes in crunch time during the Magic series. I have a feeling the big O was a little steadier. And I was rooting for Cleveland because of a certain poster in here. :rolleyes:

I know he's not selfish, but the truth will remain Cleveland will be better off when he's shooting than when he's passing. Your correct answer is perhaps LBJ will see less doubling if the defense has to keep an eye on Shaq too. His best value could be as a gigantic decoy!

Sandra

I still think The Diesel will be more than a "decoy." Look, I don't have any grand illusions in thinking we're getting the circa-1990's Shaq either. I'm just excited to see the Cavs finally get a low-post player with the ability to score with his back towards the basket, working his defender down low. No LeBron team has ever had that.

If LeBron can get the ball to Shaq in position to score (and lets face it, we know he will), Shaq is going to finish the play. With Shaq’s inside scoring, LeBron’s ability to drive, distribute, and score, and Mo Williams’ ability to knock down outside shots, the Cavaliers now have a 3 pronged offensive attack.

How much of a cap hit is Shaq going to be for Cleveland this coming season?

Sandra

Shaq will be earning $21 million this year.

Ben & Sasha will be earning $19 million this year.

In short, we took on a measly $2 million extra. Wooptey doo. BTW, the Cavs were over the cap last year and probably will be this year too. Dan Gilbert spends like money grows on trees and doesn't have a problem paying the luxary tax.

Cleveland's team salary is now $20 million less than last year. They drop $13 million for Szerbiak, 7 million for Eric Snow and $1.2 million each for Joe Smith and Lorenzo Wright. That lowers the team salary from $92 million last season to $72 million this coming season, even after the Shaq trade is factored in.

It also assumes that Ilgauskas exercises his one year player option of staying around for $11.5 million.

For 2010-2011, LeBron has a player option which, if exercised, entitles him to $17 million for that season. But the total commitments to other players for that season only come to another $18 million, so Cleveland looks to be building a team from scratch after this coming season. It is "win, now" time for them, and I think adding a declining Shaq is as good a one-year move as they could have made.

Cleveland's team salary is now $20 million less than last year. They drop $13 million for Szerbiak, 7 million for Eric Snow and $1.2 million each for Joe Smith and Lorenzo Wright. That lowers the team salary from $92 million last season to $72 million this coming season, even after the Shaq trade is factored in.

It also assumes that Ilgauskas exercises his one year player option of staying around for $11.5 million.

For 2010-2011, LeBron has a player option which, if exercised, entitles him to $17 million for that season. But the total commitments to other players for that season only come to another $18 million, so Cleveland looks to be building a team from scratch after this coming season. It is "win, now" time for them, and I think adding a declining Shaq is as good a one-year move as they could have made.

Bingo. Everyone talks about the Knicks and other teams who will have all this money freed up come 2010-2011. Well, I've been saying it since last year and this above post outlines our financial structure in better detail.

The Cavs will have enough to swoon both LeBron + one of the other high profile players that year too.

Bingo. Everyone talks about the Knicks and other teams who will have all this money freed up come 2010-2011. Well, I've been saying it since last year and this above post outlines our financial structure in better detail.

The Cavs will have enough to swoon both LeBron + one of the other high profile players that year too.

Nobody ever said Cleveland wouldn't have enough money. But money won't be the issue. You may have Lebron, but if you don't, Cleveland may not be such a desired destination.

Sandra

Nobody ever said Cleveland wouldn't have enough money. But money won't be the issue. You may have Lebron, but if you don't, Cleveland may not be such a desired destination.

Sandra

EXACTLY! Especially those long winter months of December through March....

...South Beach anyone? LOL!;)

Didn't I ask you that very question about NY? Yet, you've yet to answer. And no, Stephon Marbury doesn't count.

Jerome James doesn't count either, and therein lies the problem. Isiah thought that WAS a big signing! But while South Beach has been in Miami for quite a while, there is a new sheriff in town in NY.

And he's making a list...;)

Sandra

Jerome James doesn't count either, and therein lies the problem. Isiah thought that WAS a big signing! But while South Beach has been in Miami for quite a while, there is a new sheriff in town in NY.

And he's making a list...;)

Sandra

LMAO!! .....didn't that "new sheriff in town" just trade for Darko? LOL!

The climate down here and the lack of state taxes has always been a draw to professional athletes.

I like Cleveland...it a nice town....from May to October.

And those months cover the offseason when the players are free to enjoy life outside of basketball and aren't playing INDOORS or traveling to and from other cities during the season. Never really understood the whole "weather factor" when it came to choosing a site to play indoor Basketball.

Apparently it hasn't effected Shaq's decision. Everyone said he would only play in the warm states...... until now....

Orlando, Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix..... Cleveland! There goes that theory.

Wimbledon 2009

ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)