Big NBA Trade!

Intresting Trade....If I remember right it seemed like shaqs stats rebounded as he has healther. LJ and Shaq will be an intresting combo

Looks like Clevland is trying to do what is needed to keep LJ with the Cavs

Old and washed up doesn't really apply to Shaq. He's never had superstar talent...in college he was a pathetic ball handler and free thrower compared to other players, still is. Shaq's strength is that he's big and bold and close to the basket. He's hard to move and when he goes for the basket he's hard to stop.

All drama aside, he can only help the Cavs in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how Lebron's game changes with Shaq in there. :)

Exactly. That is the entire point to this trade. Not to sound too cocky, but the Cavs have plenty of scoring options. We needed a Large Cog down low to counter the Dwight Howard's, Yao Mings and Tim Duncan's of the world.

Well guess what everybody, we got our boy!!!

Come on you former LSU Tiger you, make us proud Big Daddy!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What great news to wake up to!!! Thank you Phoenix!

To me, this is a somewhat a desperate move to 'win right now while we still have Lebron'. IF they do not win it this year.....then what? I think the trade is great for Cleveland only because they gave away so little and got in return an improvement over the currnt center.

What's wrong with wanting to win right now? For ONCE a Cleveland team is employing this philosophy! :up:up:up

What's wrong with wanting to win right now? For ONCE a Cleveland team is employing this philosophy! :up:up:up

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the move. They see the window of opportunity closing in winning a championship before the POSSIBILITY of Lebron leaving. Teams do this all the time. That is how the Heat did it to get their championship.

Oh boy...

Cavs Beat Reporter, Brian Windhorst who broke this news last night is now saying the Cavs are quote "far from done in their off-season acquisitions"!!!!

Yippee! Keep em coming! What's next Danny Ferry?!

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the move. They see the window of opportunity closing in winning a championship before the POSSIBILITY of Lebron leaving. Teams do this all the time. That is how the Heat did it to get their championship.

What's the other alternative? Sitting still and just expecting to get better next year without making a move?

Bottom line: The Cavs didn't have to give up any of our "core" players and got a starting Center in return.

The only question that has to be asked to assess this trade: Are the Cavs better today than they were yesterday? The overwhelming answer is YES.

You got a Large one alright. You did get him well into the down side of his career, though.

Sandra

No doubt Shaq is on the downside of his career. Was there another free-agent or tradable asset out there that would be a better alternative than Shaq? Certainly not to my knowledge.

Look at it like this: who would you rather have, Ben Wallace or Shaq? If The Diesel is your answer, this was a good trade.

Since so many like to hate, I can hear it already if Cleveland wins the championship.

"Lebron can't win without Shaq"

"Shaq can't win without Kobe/Wade/Lebron"

Sandra

You got a Large one alright. You did get him well into the down side of his career, though.

Sandra

You've been quite spiteful since your return Sandra.

Dare I say that I sense jealousy from a NY Knicks fan?! ;)

No comment on this trade. All I can say is Good Luck in 2010 !!! LMAO !!!!

Hope all this talk isn't premature. Last I heard this morning is that the deal has not yet been finalized.
The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Phoenix Suns have come to an agreement on a blockbuster trade that will send Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland to team with LeBron James, according to sources.

The deal has been agreed to in principle and is expected to be finalized Thursday, according to sources.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489"]Sources: Phoenix Suns agree to send Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland Cavaliers - ESPN[/ame]

You've been quite spiteful since your return Sandra.

Dare I say that I sense jealousy from a NY Knicks fan?! ;)

Honestly, for the first time in many many years it is a good time to be a Knick fan. Isiah is gone. He's gone. We thought he'd never be gone, but he's GONE!!!

Donnie Walsh has a lot of work to do, but he's already done a good job unloading contracts, and is preparing us nicely for 2010. Now that we see a light at the end of the tunnel we're perfectly happy taking our lumps for another year.

One problem is that Isiah the Inept traded next year's first round pick for Stephon Marbury, and of course, Genius that Isiah is, it's not lottery-protected. Isiah just keeps on giving...

But Walsh will still have a load of money to give out in 2010 and, whether we get Lebron or not, we will once again be an NBA force.

And all that doesn't change the fact that, like it or not, IMHO Shaq is well into the downside of his career. Better than Ben Wallace? Of course. The Laker or Heat-era Shaq? Not even close. The experiment didn't last long in Phoenix, did it? ;)

Sandra

Think about it, Shaq will be super motivated to win his 5th Championship next season as he knows retirement is just around the corner. Shaq and Kobe are currently tied among active NBA'ers with the most Championships (4 each).

Timmy has 4 also.

And all that doesn't change the fact that, like it or not, IMHO Shaq is well into the downside of his career. Better than Ben Wallace? Of course. The Laker or Heat-era Shaq? Not even close. The experiment didn't last long in Phoenix, did it? ;)

Sandra

Not denying that Shaq is not the Shaq of yester-year. However, we improved the team through a trade.

When healthy, The Diesel didn't show any signs that he couldn't run with the wild offense of Phoenix last year, did he? He was an All-Star and averaged 18 pts, 8.5 rebounds after all. Still VERY good numbers by all means.

Still, despite the criticism, no one has posed an alternate trade the Cavs could've gotten for the same players we gave up in Wallace and Pavlovic. If you're going to knock it, tell me why and how it could've been a better trade. I'll trust that Ferry and Gilbert have made this decision based on the fact that it was the best possible solution to shoring up our Center position.

BTW, just so everyone knows, Shaq has 1 year left on his contract. After this year, he as well as Zydrunas Illgausgas are off the books.

At that time you can expect the Cavs to pursue Chris Bosh. Anyone for a LeBron/Bosh combo in the years 2011 thur- ???? :eek:

Wimbledon 2009

ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)